Yellow/Brownish spots on leaves?

• Thread starter IloveFigs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IloveFigs

IloveFigs

Hey there!

Newish grower here. I was wondering if anybody could help with these spots on my leaves? I noticed them starting to appear 2 days ago, a few hours after I watered. I did add a tiny amount of kelp meal to my water, about 1/4 of what it says to use. The plants are exactly 2 weeks and 3 days old, sprouted from feminized seeds. I'm growing in a mix of black gold potting mix and sunshine mix #4. The pH of the water I usually feed is between 6.1 and 6.5, the pH of the water runoff is at about 6.5. I started these girls indoors and plan on moving them outside in about a week, maybe 2 depending on how temps are looking in my area. So as of now I have them inside under a 600W HPS light. I did some research and the closest thing I could find was calcium deficiency? But not really sure exactly, I did order some cal mag and it will be arriving today. It's popping up on 2 of my plants. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Yellowbrownish spots on leaves
Yellowbrownish spots on leaves 2
Yellowbrownish spots on leaves 3
Yellowbrownish spots on leaves 4
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
looks like effects from overwatering, must not of been completely dried out when you watering so the roots suffocated a bit..
are you putting it in the ground outside?

IloveFigs

IloveFigs

looks like effects from overwatering, must not of been completely dried out when you watering so the roots suffocated a bit..
are you putting it in the ground outside?
Thanks, that helps a lot. No I'll be transplanting them into 10 gallon fabric pots.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
a hps light does not have the proper spectrum for vegging plants..
vegging plants need a light with blue spectrum, the hps is mostly a red spectrum.
so ya sooner they go outside the better..
how close is the light?

IloveFigs

IloveFigs

a hps light does not have the proper spectrum for vegging plants..
vegging plants need a light with blue spectrum, the hps is mostly a red spectrum.
so ya sooner they go outside the better..
how close is the light?
The light is about 18" from tops of plants. Yeah I'm pretty eager to get them out, just waiting for the night time temps to raise slightly. Just to cold right now 😢

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The light is about 18" from tops of plants. Yeah I'm pretty eager to get them out, just waiting for the night time temps to raise slightly. Just to cold right now 😢
raise it up some to 24 inches..
ya same here looks like a week and we’re good for outside here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom