Yellow + First Nutes

• Thread starter FelixTheCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

hey, so they are now 25 days old, and some yellowing form the bottom started happening a few days ago, so I decided to tp them to 2g pots. The yellowing continues so I started on some nutes today. I gave half dose of fox farm grow big. Here are some pics, let's see if they react. Any idea on what else may be causing the yellowing?
thanks!

Yellow  first nutes
Yellow  first nutes 2
Yellow  first nutes 3
Yellow  first nutes 4
Yellow  first nutes 5
Yellow  first nutes 6
Enforcer

Enforcer

IMO, they look hungry. Yellowing from the bottom up like that is indicative of Nitrogen deficiency. Continue with your 1/2 dose of nutes on a water/water/feed rotation. The yellow leaves will not recover. Clip them off and gauge effectiveness by new growth looking lime green and no other lower leaves turn yellow. A good indication that it’s nute or environment related is that it’s happening to all the plants, not just a few. Good luck.

Hydro head

Hydro head

IMO, they look hungry. Yellowing from the bottom up like that is indicative of Nitrogen deficiency. Continue with your 1/2 dose of nutes on a water/water/feed rotation. The yellow leaves will not recover. Clip them off and gauge effectiveness by new growth looking lime green and no other lower leaves turn yellow. A good indication that it’s nute or environment related is that it’s happening to all the plants, not just a few. Good luck.
Nail on the head there I’d say

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

they all are responding to the nutes positively it looks like. I've also noticed that during the dark period (when im also sleeping) it was getting too cold in the tent even with the little heater on bc I left the fan on, so I think thats whats been stressing them too

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

should I clipe them off? Im afraid of hurting them this early

Enforcer

Enforcer

should I clipe them off? Im afraid of hurting them this early
Yup, you won’t hurt them. They are already pulling everything from those leaves anyway. Like @jguit said, they would eventually fall off. However, you want to make sure the changes you have made are working. It’s easier to tell if they begin to yellow again, if you start from all green.

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

You wont hurt anything. Just use clean scissors. Or you can let them fall of naturally in time.
Yup, you won’t hurt them. They are already pulling everything from those leaves anyway. Like @jguit said, they would eventually fall off. However, you want to make sure the changes you have made are working. It’s easier to tell if they begin to yellow again, if you start from all green.
I read lots of people pro/con trimming yellow leaf when i search the forum. Some people say its unnecessary stress, which im trying to avoid since they were not feminized seeds. but I'll prob do that then. I'd rather not wait to let them fall in order to avoid bugs in there also, I'm a really worried about that since my tent is by my balcony door (remains closed most of the time)

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

so when I started trimming I realized there was more yellowing than I realized. Idk if it because the yellowing continues or not.

It end up being a bigger trimmer than I thought, they look skinnier now. I fed them again with half nutes after (which not even sure if it'll burn them_, I think the yellowing is still happening even after the trim + water, but not sure yet. They looked so good before, now I think Im losing them... oh well

heres a pic

IMG 2501
IMG 2502
jguit

jguit

Supporter
If you fed them some fertilizer/nutrients, just be patient and let them do their thing. Observe new growth making sure it stays green and healthy. Also, when watering/feeding make sure your pH is correct so that you plants can feed properly. Dont fuck around with them too much as you can cause more harm than good by trying to hard to correct things.

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

If you fed them some fertilizer/nutrients, just be patient and let them do their thing. Observe new growth making sure it stays green and healthy. Also, when watering/feeding make sure your pH is correct so that you plants can feed properly. Dont fuck around with them too much as you can cause more harm than good by trying to hard to correct things.

...well that's why i was trying not to trim or feed....
but the yellowing was getting out of control fast and was about to reach the top and soon enough they'd be dead so feeding and trimming were the only options I had to try to save them I guess. ph's been 6.5

jguit

jguit

Supporter
well yes.. lol

They needed to be fed. Feed them and wait. Then maintain them. Not much else you can do. The new growth looks good. I bet they'll be fine

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Yup, you did good. Now just let them chill and keep them watered/fed. Soil takes a bit to make corrections, so give them at least a week to show improvement.
well yes.. lol

They needed to be fed. Feed them and wait. Then maintain them. Not much else you can do. The new growth looks good. I bet they'll be fine
thanks a lot guys. they all have their leaves somewhat uplifted now so I think they liked the trim/feed!

m8ty

m8ty

What lights are you using and how far from the plants is the light?

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

You've gone and done it now ..:p
Seriously..good job;)
View attachment 788022
thanks! interesting how many opinions online I saw saying not to trim the yellow ones, that it'd only hurt bc the plant was still feeding off it...

I left only one plant with a yellowish leaf that I was uncertain about and it was the only one that didnt lift after.. then I trimmed that leaf and checked 1h later.... now the remaining leafs lifted too...

learning new things everyday with this grow :smoking:
if anybody asks my opinion now i'll say trim it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom