Yellow green leaves (pics of 6 of them) any ideas?

• Thread starter MerryJane22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Hi guys....I'm having a hell of a time here,lol....what with the myriad of bugs, torrential winds, rain, very cold at night after being super hot during the day. Now wondering if on TOP of all that I have a nutrient issue, as well? any thoughts? THANKS ! this plant was gorgeous a week ago and then began flowering too early. Now I'm just hoping I can keep it alive a few more months. First grow. My avatar was this plant back before the shitstorms hit....

Yellow green leaves pics of 6 of them any ideas
MerryJane22

MerryJane22

A few more of the poor leaves..... 😓

I should add that they are inside the plant and also at bottom......that said, the whole plant (to me)looks a much lighter shade of green than it should be? I'll go take a pic right now. It's cloudy though.

Screen Shot 2020 06 23 at 21608 PM
Dan789

Dan789

If these leaves were low on the plant, then when going into bloom the plant will metabolize the food or energy stored in said leaves to power bloom.
You may need to increase the frequency or strength of any nutrients your supplying.

Your plants look good though.

mancorn

mancorn

It might be a little hungry, but looks pretty heathy (and hardly looks like a shitstorm). Guessing you may have started inside and the moved outside. Not uncommon for those inner lower leaves that aren't getting any light to yellow. How often and what are you feeding?

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

If these leaves were low on the plant, then when going into bloom the plant will metabolize the food or energy stored in said leaves to power bloom.
You may need to increase the frequency or strength of any nutrients your supplying.

Your plants look good though.
Screen Shot 2020 06 23 at 30357 PM
Screen Shot 2020 06 23 at 25357 PM

Yes, they were low(er) a few from the last 3rd of plant.....I'm using this soil which states there's no need to add anything extra. I did add 20% perlite and a little peat to the soil. The very bottom of the cloth pot (maybe 1-2 inches I put the bloom mix). She has only been transplanted about a month. She began blooming last week (to my surprise). A relief to hear that someone thinks it looks good .

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

It might be a little hungry, but looks pretty heathy (and hardly looks like a shitstorm). Guessing you may have started inside and the moved outside. Not uncommon for those inner lower leaves that aren't getting any light to yellow. How often and what are you feeding?

Yes, this is a clone started indoors on March 27th and was given to me around 6 weeks of age. It was in a one gallon pot and I transplanted after a week or so into a 5 gallon smart pot. As I mentioned above.....no nutrients so far (assuming the soil was enough?). Maybe not?

Honestly.....I was wondering if it was nitrogen hungry? the whole plant seems a tad pale to me.....it seems to be getting lighter colored.

Thanks for responding you guys.....really appreciate it.

EDIT: I did add some epsom salt water (strength @ 1 tsp per gallon) the last time I watered wondering if it was magnesium/sulphur issue. Only about a half gallon then another half gallon plain water PH 6.25

Dan789

Dan789

If you have the time, read through my grow diary (link shown below on my first post), which illustrates what I think is happening with your plants and the increased feeding that I used to change the outcome of my second grow of the same strain, which originally did the same thing you’re experiencing.

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

If you have the time, read through my grow diary (link shown below on my first post), which illustrates what I think is happening with your plants and the increased feeding that I used to change the outcome of my second grow of the same strain, which originally did the same thing you’re experiencing.

OK great, I absolutely will. Thank you. I was hoping someone had experienced a similar look....may I ask how to find the grow diaries though (new here) I couldn't see it when I clicked your name.

Last edited:
mancorn

mancorn

Yes, this is a clone started indoors on March 27th and was given to me around 6 weeks of age. It was in a one gallon pot and I transplanted after a week or so into a 5 gallon smart pot. As I mentioned above.....no nutrients so far (assuming the soil was enough?). Maybe not?

Honestly.....I was wondering if it was nitrogen hungry? the whole plant seems a tad pale to me.....it seems to be getting lighter colored.

Thanks for responding you guys.....really appreciate it.

EDIT: I did add some epsom salt water (strength @ 1 tsp per gallon) the last time I watered wondering if it was magnesium/sulphur issue. Only about a half gallon then another half gallon plain water PH 6.25

I would start feeding it. Obviously it depends on the soil. If you have SS then you might be OK, but if you're just using FoxFarm or other bagged dirt then certainly time to feed. The organics are normally fairly slow uptake, so you might just grab a bottle of general veg (Dyna-Grow, General Hydroponic, Bontanicare, etc) and give it the recommended dose for awhile.

I know the yellow leaves can stress you out and so people tend to pluck them off so they don't have to be bummed looking at a shitty plant. But leave the leaves, as they have stored nutrients and if you pull them when they've still have some green, the plant will just start pulling nutrients from the next green leaf and you'll be chasing your tail. So keep the leaves on until they’re totally spent.

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

I would start feeding it.

So leave the leaves on until they’re totally spent.

Ok, I was on the fence about feeding. I ordered a bottle of FF grow big I have on hand, you think that'd be OK for now even though the transition from veg to bloom is already going on? if so, next watering I'll go ahead and feed.

The organisms in the soil should be ok for a few feedings so I can at least get a feel for the underlying issue I'd think. Plus.....seems like maybe they are nonexistent? 😳

Duly noted on the leaves.....from here on out I'll let nature take it's own course.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ok, I was on the fence about feeding. I ordered a bottle of FF grow big I have on hand, you think that'd be OK for now even though the transition from veg to bloom is already going on? if so, next watering I'll go ahead and feed.

The organisms in the soil should be ok for a few feedings so I can at least get a feel for the underlying issue I'd think. Plus.....seems like maybe they are nonexistent? 😳

Duly noted on the leaves.....from here on out I'll let nature take it's own course.
Nature knows best MJ.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i feel like your ladies just received nature's version of a flush...

I'm sure ur set

i didn't notice ppm/ec & ph...

don't worry... i find fault in something, every go. we learn from every oops.
ur journaling so keep track of adjustments n expect it, each rain... just n case 😁.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

View attachment 990566View attachment 990562
Yes, they were low(er) a few from the last 3rd of plant.....I'm using this soil which states there's no need to add anything extra. I did add 20% perlite and a little peat to the soil. The very bottom of the cloth pot (maybe 1-2 inches I put the bloom mix). She has only been transplanted about a month. She began blooming last week (to my surprise). A relief to hear that someone thinks it looks good .
btw, ms mj, ur gonna c similar poop, come fall/harvest.
u might have seen this in ur other 50 gardenZ of civilian plant. fall colors, end of grow is nature's final flush.
we don't always get to c these effects, in magazine photo competitions...

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

end of grow is nature's final flush.
we don't always get to c these effects, in magazine photo competitions...

Hmmm......well, she is 3 months old.....I guess maybe I've been thinking of her as teenager and not such a senior,lol. I suppose she is on her last whirl? do plants always lose color around that stage? the notes on this strain say flowering takes 67 days (I know, those stats can vary wildly) but man.....I was beginning to get afraid all the leaves would drop off before we got to the finish line.

As soon as the whole pot dries out for the most part, I'm going to use some of the nutrients I have here & watch. I really, really wanted to do this whole grow 100% organic though. Next year I will. I'll have those notes you speak of 😜

Latest posts

Top Bottom