Yellow growing mold? What and why?

• Thread starter SmokeMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmokeMan

I am bit embarrased by this but I have no exact idea why this is happening.

This has happened now in 3 of my coco pot plants. The picture here is form a plant that has coco and soil. But it happens in coco only pots as well. I see my humidity is going up to 78 at night. Im wondering if that is the issue? If so what do ya'll recommend for a 10x10 room?

Here is some pics...

Yellow growing mold what and why
Yellow growing mold what and why 2
Yellow growing mold what and why 3
D

DoubleDub

eat em and get fucked up!

lol just kidding don't do that

mr. dizzles right. just kill em they shouldn't be a problem unless they infest your pot.

Oh yes and humidity is why they are there. a dehumidifier would probably eliminate growth of em as well.

R

rob 146

too much moisture in your mix starting in the mix you used for the 1 gal

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Let me guess ur using black gold for ur soil huh!, dont worry bro they arnt gonna hurt any thang, juts pull um out, I had the same prob with my soil I use black gold, but im switching to roots organics for that reason and there putting too much wood in there mix to....GM

S

sunsimulator

Leucocoprinus birnbaumii as to the current name of the species. It is a gilled fungus from the family Lepiotaceae (Agaricales), being native somewhere in areas with warmer climates but is known to be very common in hothouses and in flowerpots in homes .it won't hurt ya .. let it grow out and die back into the soil ! if u got mushrooms ,, means u got a good clean soil ! lol :bong-hits:

let me add: spores can be anywere ,, it just takes certain things to make the fungi grow ,, moist heat and warm air,
U see it a lot in commercial growing mediums .

R

rob 146

let your soil dry , befor you water rake the top of the soil with your fingers to break up the crust

purpleberry

purpleberry

grow master ive had those in roots organic also, lol Either way you should go with it, its great stuff.
Ive had them grow even though i try to let my soil dry out as much as possible, so there isnt much you do but pull them out and dont stick your fingers in your mouth.

S

SmokeMan

Funny stuff. I really freaked out at first but after getting rid of most of them. I noticed today there was a full mushroom in one of the plants pot. I never seen them get a total mushroom until then.

So what is the right thing to do here? I now know it is a harmless mushroom but what about my plants? Im a it worried about mold. Plus im growing some real dense plants so mold is a big NO NO. The humidity goes up to 80% at nite lately. Slowly going down. Its at 74% right now and they are asleep. Im thinking the cold weather has something to do with this shroom growing and high humidity temps at night?

I got a dehumidifier but I have never added it to the growroom. When should I addt it? Should I even add it?

All help is greatly appreciated .

D

Dubwobble

With a humidity level that high, using a dehumidifier will help. Molds and fungus need damp areas to grow. It will also help your buds from getting Botridis Mold and PM. IN theory you want your humitidy to stay around 40 - 55 %

The fungus that causes the mushrooms is NOT the same that causes grey mold or pm, so don't worry about mushrooms growing out of your buds :giggle

I bet if you used GH Florashield on a regular basis it would eliminate the mushroom fungus.

N

not2busy4

i had the samething once before also. i was using ss#4 with extra perlite and i thought mine came from the perlite i was adding i ran h202 threw the soil and it didnt kill it .i stoped adding perlite and it went away

Latest posts

Top Bottom