Yellow in new growth ,Help

• Thread starter goodbye95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

30 days from seed to soil? This would mean 2 weeks to sprout and 2 weeks above ground? If so then they look OK as far as growth. I would think they would be a little farther along but judging from your stats everything looks to be in order. The main stems like mighty thin. Could be genetics or could be they need more nutrient.

Are you giving them any added fertilizers or are you depending on soil borne nutrition?

As far as your yellowing leaves so early it looks to me like they may have some sort of lockout or root issue? What is the soil PH? I was thinking it may be coco related but I see that the SS only contains about 10%. Where did you get this soil? Was it sterile when you bought it?
I assumed he meant 30 days from sprouting, do people normally count time they're underground? I don't think he specified one way or another, unless I missed it.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I assumed he meant 30 days from sprouting, do people normally count time they're underground? I don't think he specified one way or another, unless I missed it.
I'm trying to nail down a timeline so that I can gauge his growth. Some people start the clock the moment the seed goes into the ground.

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

I'm trying to nail down a timeline so that I can gauge his growth. Some people start the clock the moment the seed goes into the ground.
Yes good information to have. I said possibly Nitrogen under the assumption they were a month old, and because that fade from green to yellow is usually what happens when they take Nitrogen from fans.

TSD

TSD

The bottom leaves anyway... the tops being yellow could indicate something else... they usually don't steal N from new growth since that's what it's being stolen to power lol.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

The bottom leaves anyway... the tops being yellow could indicate something else... they usually don't steal N from new growth since that's what it's being stolen to power lol.
Yup! At this stage I'm thinking something in the root structure is not liking something going on in the netherworld of soil. Lockout? Possibly but at this early in the game? That's why I question where he got his soil since it's not a store bought brand that has been sterilized for pathogens.

TSD

TSD

Yup! At this stage I'm thinking something in the root structure is not liking something going on in the netherworld of soil. Lockout? Possibly but at this early in the game? That's why I question where he got his soil since it's not a store bought brand that has been sterilized for pathogens.
Yes knowing what's in that other 50% might shed some light on the mystery.

TSD

TSD

Not sure I'd classify bag soil with added castings a super soil.. usually super soil has a bunch of ingredients that can take the plant a ways before needing additional food... it looks hungry, but I think @RootsRuler is probably right that something is off in the soil. We don't really know the ratios or anything, so there's a possibility something is being locked out by something else. 10% castings isn't a ton either, so it could need more nitrogen. Need to know what was in the base soil.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

30 days from sprout
OK. As TSD mentioned, if those seeds have 30 days on them then something is not clicking as it should. Without more info I'm going to reiterate what has already been mentioned. Either your light is too far away giving you anemic growth or your soil is locking something out. I also wouldn't rule out some sort of pathogen in the soil that has grown to a point that it is now affecting your plants. Possibly attacking your root system hence the yellowing.

Or it could be that they're just being little shits like most kids and it'll recover. 😄

G

GrowersChoice420

I would first try giving it more light (start by lowering your light, then increase intensity some) if the plants start to improve then I feel that is only 1 of the problems. It may be best to transplant into a better soil mix if they get stronger or add some soil amendment’s. They should be bigger. I’m no expert but I’d start with more light and better air circulation. GL

Top Bottom