Yellow leaf spot? Any idea what this is

• Thread starter LilTwERP33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LilTwERP33

LilTwERP33

Made a post two days ago thinking it was a deficiency, just trying to dial in the issue and if I caught it fairly early, also any tips on what I could do to increase the yield of this plant

Yellow leaf spot any idea what this is
Yellow leaf spot any idea what this is 2
Yellow leaf spot any idea what this is 3
Yellow leaf spot any idea what this is 4
Yellow leaf spot any idea what this is 5
Tommy626

Tommy626

Check your root zone! That’s not leaf septoria
I’m no expert or even close but I just went thru that for 6 months. Didn’t matter what I did plants went down hill by 2 wk of flower. A few ppl suggested bugs and I blew it off bc I NEVER seen any. Final I got off my high horse and cut open my felt pot(easily resealable with Velcro’s) and sure enough tiny little white bugs barely visible to the naked eye. I still don’t know what they were but I root drenched a few times and introduced nematodes, lace wing eggs, and ladybugs (wait for lace wings to start hatching bc my lady bugs started eating the eggs. And a week later the plant greened up again and took off like it was supposed to. I can show you photos if you’d like. I’m currently still fighting trying to identify the bugs.
If you do nothing I’ll tell you exactly what will happen. Your plant is gonna bounce back from its own defense, then you will think all is great and 7-10 days later it will happen again but this time worse n soon enough the whole plant will lighten up then those spots will start appearing everywhere. Even new growth. You can limp to the finish line but really it’s as simple as checking your root zone with some type of magnified lens. Good luck

LilTwERP33

LilTwERP33

Check your root zone! That’s not leaf septoria
I’m no expert or even close but I just went thru that for 6 months. Didn’t matter what I did plants went down hill by 2 wk of flower. A few ppl suggested bugs and I blew it off bc I NEVER seen any. Final I got off my high horse and cut open my felt pot(easily resealable with Velcro’s) and sure enough tiny little white bugs barely visible to the naked eye. I still don’t know what they were but I root drenched a few times and introduced nematodes, lace wing eggs, and ladybugs (wait for lace wings to start hatching bc my lady bugs started eating the eggs. And a week later the plant greened up again and took off like it was supposed to. I can show you photos if you’d like. I’m currently still fighting trying to identify the bugs.
If you do nothing I’ll tell you exactly what will happen. Your plant is gonna bounce back from its own defense, then you will think all is great and 7-10 days later it will happen again but this time worse n soon enough the whole plant will lighten up then those spots will start appearing everywhere. Even new growth. You can limp to the finish line but really it’s as simple as checking your root zone with some type of magnified lens. Good luck
I just up potted from a plastic 8gallon container to a 20 gal fabric pot like 3 days ago and put it in brand new ocean forest soil bc the soil it started in was unknown (rookie mistake) but I definitely need nematodes I think.. I was hoping for some quality bud but this is pretty discouraging, she started out healthy

Tommy626

Tommy626

I just up potted from a plastic 8gallon container to a 20 gal fabric pot like 3 days ago and put it in brand new ocean forest soil bc the soil it started in was unknown (rookie mistake) but I definitely need nematodes I think.. I was hoping for some quality bud but this is pretty discouraging, she started out healthy
Don’t get me wrong your weed can still be phenomenal you just got your work cut out for you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just a guess but if you just up potted it takes the nutrients some time to have enough available. She just looks a bit hungry. Careful not to overwater as this can also affect nutrient uptake.

I would remove the big bottom leaves with the spots even if they were healthy the large lower fan leaves will eventually be an issue. Even clean up the small growth to give the plant some space on the bottom.

LilTwERP33

LilTwERP33

I'm here in
Just a guess but if you just up potted it takes the nutrients some time to have enough available. She just looks a bit hungry. Careful not to overwater as this can also affect nutrient uptake.

I would remove the big bottom leaves with the spots even if they were healthy the large lower fan leaves will eventually be an issue. Even clean up the small growth to give the plant some space on the bottom.
I'm here in south east Michigan and we just had 3 days in a row of rain hoping she dries out quick so I can feed her

Tommy626

Tommy626

She seems pretty happy at the moment
That is also a possibility. If you just added 12 gals of FFOF I wouldn’t be putting any bottled nutes in it right away
Well I know 100% what it is NOT and that’s yellow leaf spot. You get a lot of necrosis with leaf spot. Also you will Get circular spots that are brown in the middle with a black ring around the edges.
In the last pic you posted I see the yellowing with the big fans but the new growth is healthy green. For future reference leaf septoria closely resembles a advanced potassium deficiency

LilTwERP33

LilTwERP33

That is also a possibility. If you just added 12 gals of FFOF I wouldn’t be putting any bottled nutes in it right away
Well I know 100% what it is NOT and that’s yellow leaf spot. You get a lot of necrosis with leaf spot. Also you will Get circular spots that are brown in the middle with a black ring around the edges.
In the last pic you posted I see the yellowing with the big fans but the new growth is healthy green. For future reference leaf septoria closely resembles a advanced potassium deficiency
This is a close up of that yellow fan

20200806 142535
Tommy626

Tommy626

8346D7B9 8E8F 4641 83B2 E0026ACFB646
Calcium deficiency does not start on low old leaves. Calcium will show on random leaves no matter the age, but in the foliage that is receiving the most light. I.e usually on top of the plant.
Put a teaspoon of epsom salt on top of the soil and rub it in and water it in with your next scheduled watering. Also here is a reference chart for you to look at so you can self diagnose. One thing I have definitely learned in the past year or so is everyone has a opinion, and a lot of times they are all different! Lol

Top Bottom