Yellow leafs

• Thread starter Leelandgrow4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leelandgrow4

Leelandgrow4

So I am wondering why my first marijuana plant leads are yellow?

Yellow leafs
Leelandgrow4

Leelandgrow4

Fox farm ocean soil using tap water and seeds are out of buds that had only like one or two seeds in a zip

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
They don't really look too bad. Fox Farms is kind of hot, nutrient wise, and can cause stress or sometimes harm if nutes are added too soon. You didn't mention what type of lights you are using, but the leaves seem to be a healthy dark green with no obvious issues. Young plants, especially the first few leaves, often get damaged by errant water or food splash. It's pretty early to say what, if any, problems are there. Make sure there is plenty of root space and let them go. I wouldn't give any food for a while yet, just to make sure you aren't seeing nutrient lockout or burn.
In my opinion, what you are experiencing is pretty much normal. There are a million different causes for your 1st primary leaves to turn a little yellow at the ends, but as long as it continues to grow well and without other obvious issues, I wouldn't sweat it. Just my opinion.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

we still have no stats...and im trying a strain called white runtz.

Anyway,

How old is this bitch? or..wait a sec here. Its bag seed so you dont know what it is. It could be male..or female...or tranny...or bi sexual ...or a chick with a dick...or
{ insert your policically correct term in here}

Im guessing its a month old ...you say its under 600w LED but at what distance?? Whats the temp? Many factors going on here and your not giving us information. And dont disrespect the plant by growing it in a tiny food storage container on a cold ass concrete floor.

The grow medium definetly has the needed stuff; but your gonna need to water this thing how many times a day? Put it in a much bigger container ; the roots need space.
Colors of growth indicate many things.. and if used as a diagnosis; must be understood.

Shades of whites to yellows to greens.

look very closely into the center of the new growth.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Just to add to the good points that @detroitjoe brought up, Keeping roots warmer will help them grow and roots to develop. Get them off the cement floor and try to keep the roots at around 72, although your strain might like it cooler or warmer. The sooner that you get these in their permanent home, the better, IMO. New growth will be seen at the center of the growing tips, with the smallest/newest leaves being almost string thin and a light lime green. As it gets a little larger, the leaf fills out and turns a darker shade of green as the chlorophyll gets established. The leaves will also start to grow alternately instead of directly across from each other.
The hardest part of growing is time. Time as in patience. Plants don't change much in an hour (emergency situations CAN happen, though!) and it's hard to just sit there and just, um, ..wait.d The waiting syndrome happens a lot worse during week 6 of flowering, when you are SURE that the buds are ready. They won't. Wait until ripe and ready.
Once your plants get better established in their permanent homes, they will grow quickly, so make sure they have plenty of light to go with all of the nutrients packed into the Fox Farms. When you decide to feed them, make sure not to overfeed them, don't let the soil get soggy, and you will be good to go! You have earned your rden Overalls award!

Leelandgrow4

Leelandgrow4

Got 5 gallon buckets and I will get off the floor and light is 18 inches away

Leelandgrow4

Leelandgrow4

Okay so I dont see phosphorus in this but says phosphate I dont think same thing or is it but what do u think of these in my last grow had no clue really what I was doing topped my plant and grew a decent plant so this is my first decent grow meaning plant wise

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay so I dont see phosphorus in this but says phosphate I dont think same thing or is it but what do u think of these in my last grow had no clue really what I was doing topped my plant and grew a decent plant so this is my first decent grow meaning plant wise
The same but different... clear as mud? Phosphates are a source of phosphorus bound to salts. So add Phosphates and you are adding phosphorus and salts.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So is the salts bad or nah

Not that cut and dried they are necessary in order to deliver the nutrients we need unless you are going full organic. If your adding synthetic nutrients you are adding salts which is why hydro growers change water and dirt grows change their dirt each grow unless they are growing organically. Plants need very little and high amounts can displace nutrients and kill plants. They can tolerate a fair bit but I wouldn't say they are good.

Take some sodium chloride (table salt) and put 1 tsp in a cup of water. Find a patch of weeds and pour it on during a hot day when the plants are drinking lots. Then come back in a couple hours. Everything will be dead. In fact this used to be done long ago in war to ruin crops and prevent soils from being fertile enough to grow.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Salts are typically forms of fertilizer that are water soluble and are available immediately for the plants to use. Many chemicals come in a few forms, such as their base form which is often not water soluble. By changing the chemical's form, it can be easily used by the plant. Salts, like table salt, mess with water as shown in the example with a bunch of grass in salt water. Salt attracts water for the most part, and it is responsible for helping and maintaining the water pressure inside the plants. If there is too much salt, the salt pulls water out of the roots, killing the plant in the process.
Plants need very little nutrients to grow. Luckily, the amount of water based nutrients/salts is not enough to affect the plant unless it is overdone. When this happens, the plant will wither, looking like it needs watered, and the nutrient (lest say Nitrogen,) will be too strong for the plant, also causing a type of nutrient burn. FWIW, a 16 Oz tub of the fertilizer I use will last me at least 5 grows. I'm not saying that this is all that I feed them, but I don't feed them unless they look like they need it, which comes from getting familiar with your strains and setup.

Leelandgrow4

Leelandgrow4

Okay I will keep a eye on them been gone for three days but not much cause I have been gone for three days for Easter

Latest posts

Top Bottom