Yellow leafs???

• Thread starter robz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

robz

Here is a shot of some plants from my grow tent. Only one of the plants in the tent are doing fine. All others have yellowing leafs with crispy edges. I'm in fox farms soil. Feeding once weekly Iguana juice at 3/4 strength. Light id a HPS 400 watt on 24hrs. Air is sucked into the tent from fresh outside air. but temps do get up around 85 at times. Lows never below 68 degrees. Humidity is sometimes low like 30%. I'm stumped. All plants recieve same watering schedule but the Querk is the only plant doing ok. All the rest don't seem happy. Here is a pic of Chemdog first. Then Purple Urkle. Then a leaf from my Cripit plant. The last pic is of the inside of the tent & the healthy Querk girl..

Yellow leafs
Yellow leafs 2
Yellow leafs 3
Yellow leafs 4
dextr0

dextr0

^^is that happening from the bottom up or vice versa??

EDIT: look for bugs in soil. Tiny fuckers moving around.

R

robz

^^is that happening from the bottom up or vice versa??

EDIT: look for bugs in soil. Tiny fuckers moving around.
Can't see any bugs. It's happening from the outside in I think. Shoot don't really know..

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Ive never frown qwerk but that stem looks crazy purple for a healthy plant.

R

robz

Older leafs yellowed first. But now so are the new leaflets.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Judging by poor pictures and lack of info. It looks like you have various deff. Likley due to over fert. or not ph correctly. Maybe a little light bleaching in there as well. Do you chec your ph?

C

calibrian

i use this to help me. Ill look more into it but for rea idk whats wrong. Hopefully someone will chime in.
http://www.growery.org/2991/Diagnosis

What i meant earlier was did your plant start getting this first on older or newer growth?

this link is the complete and total awesome shit. I instantly pin pointed all my deficiencies. this is probably an old post to this thread but I want to make this link that much more known for it's usefulness. cheers!

http://www.growery.org/2991/Diagnosis

dextr0

dextr0

^^na mane i just posted it today. Probably should have made it available to the farm along time ago. Glad it helped.

L

lil miss lone

All others have yellowing leafs with crispy edges.
Air is sucked into the tent from fresh outside air.

Care full pulling air in from outside, unless you have helluva bug filter on the window or somat. I caught root aphids, I believe from opening a window in the room where the grow closet is located. Do you seem to have any pests in the room? Specifically flyers that look like fungus gnats?

Melvan

Melvan

You are having nute deficiencies.

During veg you need high nitrogen and high phosphorous. I've been growing a long time and during veg I give my plants 1 Tbl per gallon of a 15-30-15, like Miracle Grow Bustin Bloomz, every watering.

Nitrogen deficiency causes a break down of the cholorphyl, which means a reduction in photosynthesis, which means no growth and death of the leaves. Phosphorus deficiencies exhibit slow growing, weak and stunted plants with dark green or purple pigmentation in older leaves and stems.

I think that yes you should be checking your ph, but I also think you need to get your plants on a proper veg time feed schedule.

S

smokestack23

I'd say it looks pretty textbook Magnesium deficiency. Yellow between the veins, purple stalks...
Could be a variety of causes from insects (gnats or aphids), ph being too low..or too high, a toxicity in other elements particularly calcium.

Are you using tap water? That can cause Mg problems because of the calcium in tap water.

Flush, feed with mild nutes and foliar feed with some epson salts. Like 1/4 strength nutes or even less and maybe a teaspoon of epson in a 2 litre spraybottle?

If it's a Mg def you should notice it getting better within hours of spraying.

lazarus718

lazarus718

I'd say it looks pretty textbook Magnesium deficiency. Yellow between the veins, purple stalks...

If it was a mag deficiency he would have more leaf curl going on in the plant, I think the curl on the one pic is just from the leaf being cut off the plant...looks like nitrogen to me if it started with the old growth...sounds like it's time for a foliage feed!!!

lazarus718

lazarus718

Nah, sulfur deficiency is in the new growth first, nitrogen in the old stuff.

lazarus718

lazarus718

I know you told us that you were growing in FF soil, but which one? That iguana juice doesn't have a whole lot of nitrogen in it, you might want to feed more frequently. Since its an organic fert it is going to be less concentrated than the synthetics. Try a foliar spray, I know there are threads on here to help you get some good blends together.

R

robz

Well I've tried a little bit of foliar spray on them with a mild 3 part GH. I also have been using straight tap water that I aireate atleast 24 hrs. It has a Ph of 7 though a bit high. So I've been adjusting it down to 6.5 plants are looking much better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom