Yellow leaves all of a sudden

• Thread starter Bobbysr26
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bobbysr26

Bobbysr26

Well this is my first grow ever. It is a outdoor grow.Things have going pretty well. All of a sudden within a week Iv gotten a considerable amount of yellow leaves. Week before last we did have about 4 days of rain straight. Did find a few spider mites on the plant but only have a few spotted leaves and they look to be getting better. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 1st pic is about a week and half ago. 2nd pic is today.
Yellow leaves all of a sudden
Yellow leaves all of a sudden 2

mandoVol

mandoVol

Did you pour your nutes where those leaves are? I used to do that all the time. I’ve learned to be careful because it can splash a lot farther than you think. It’s not a huge deal, just a little unsightly. If that’s what it is.

Bobbysr26

Bobbysr26

Did you pour your nutes where those leaves are? I used to do that all the time. I’ve learned to be careful because it can splash a lot farther than you think. It’s not a huge deal, just a little unsightly. If that’s what it is.
Nutes? Not sure what that is. I haven’t treated the plant with anything. When first plant at end of March. I used a little bit of miracle grow soil in my mixture. But nothing else but bottled water since then.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Nutes? Not sure what that is. I haven’t treated the plant with anything. When first plant at end of March. I used a little bit of miracle grow soil in my mixture. But nothing else but bottled water since then.
It looks like your lower leaves are getting pale. That would be a nitrogen deficiency in all likelihood. If you have fed nothing, seems likely. What there was may have gotten washed out with rain.

Good sources of nitrogen include blood meal and worm castings.

All that said, you are going to want to figure out how you want to feed this girl. So it may make sense to decide on that now rather than only figure out nitrogen, as we are getting very close to flowering time for a lot of people. Looks like this girl is getting ready.

BTW I am not really taking the miracle grow into account here bc I know almost nothing about it. My assumption is that whatever it had to give, it has given. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
mandoVol

mandoVol

liquid fertilizer. I’m new to this game too, but with just those two leaves yellow isolated low on the plant, it looks like what I did feeding mine at first. If a two gallon pale with a spout, and when it’s full the leaves can dip right into if you’re not paying attention.

[/QUOTE

Lobbstersauce

Lobbstersauce

First thing first, you need water. Next trim your plants. Check your ph and keep out of direct sun for a day or so. Foliar with some cal mag too. I wouldn't worry about it. Likely do to low nutrient level and dry medium. Flush if you want then continue your regular routine.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Time to start feeding it

Bobbysr26

Bobbysr26

First thing first, you need water. Next trim your plants. Check your ph and keep out of direct sun for a day or so. Foliar with some cal mag too. I wouldn't worry about it. Likely do to low nutrient level and dry medium. Flush if you want then continue your regular routine.
It rained 4 days last week and it was outside the entire time. So I don’t think it’s water starved. I just put it to this 20 galling pot. Didn’t disturb roots at all though. The root ball looked good and wasn’t dry. I normally water it daily. It has been in the 90’s the last 6 weeks or so. So she has taken a pounding with the head.

Bobbysr26

Bobbysr26

liquid fertilizer. I’m new to this game too, but with just those two leaves yellow isolated low on the plant, it looks like what I did feeding mine at first. If a two gallon pale with a spout, and when it’s full the leaves can dip right into if you’re not paying attention.
I haven’t given it any fertilizer at all. Only fertilizer it’s had was in the dirt it was planted with.

Bobbysr26

Bobbysr26

It looks like your lower leaves are getting pale. That would be a nitrogen deficiency in all likelihood. If you have fed nothing, seems likely. What there was may have gotten washed out with rain.

Good sources of nitrogen include blood meal and worm castings.

All that said, you are going to want to figure out how you want to feed this girl. So it may make sense to decide on that now rather than only figure out nitrogen, as we are getting very close to flowering time for a lot of people. Looks like this girl is getting ready.

BTW I am not really taking the miracle grow into account here bc I know almost nothing about it. My assumption is that whatever it had to give, it has given. I could be wrong.
What do you recommend that I do all at the same time?

Lobbstersauce

Lobbstersauce

I haven’t given it any fertilizer at all. Only fertilizer it’s had was in the dirt it was planted with.
I wouldn't worry about. Maybe just trim the auxiliaries, and start feeding her.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
What do you recommend that I do all at the same time?
I use Roots Organics Buddha Grow/Bloom, but honestly any cannabis-specific regimen should be fine. Fox Farms Grow Big/Big Bloom/Tiger Bloom is something a lot of people use.

She is going to get more sensitive as she flowers so I would just get into the program you will run going forward now. That could be liquid fertilizers or it could just be top-dressing with something. I do not recommend something non-cannabis specific unless you know what you are doing or are under the advice of someone who does (which is totally possible with enough research). I also would ramp up feeding rather than just starting out at full blast but others may have a different opinion on that.

Basically right now she needs more nitrogen, but that need will fade away throughout her flowering period. At that point she will need more phosphorous and potassium (while still needing some nitrogen, just much less than before).

There are a lot of resources here to research through as you are figuring this out, including a lot of people who know a lot more than me about this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom