Yellow leaves buds stopped growing only the size of a dime.

• Thread starter axeouse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
axeouse

axeouse

First time grower, DWC. I have 2 GSC plants, both raised the same, one is good the other turned yellow right after flowering and is not bulking up. Any ideas what’s going on?

Yellow leaves buds stopped growing only the size of a dime
Yellow leaves buds stopped growing only the size of a dime 2
Yellow leaves buds stopped growing only the size of a dime 3
slater69

slater69

I would start by posting a better pic with natural light and start from there

looks like they are burnt...

What’s your feeding schedule/ ph ppm ec water temps

axeouse

axeouse

I would start by posting a better pic with natural light and start from there

looks like they are burnt...

What’s your feeding schedule/ ph ppm ec water temps

Ok I'll get some more pictures today, these were being fed on the Fox Farms trio, big bud, grow big, tiger bloom

midflower kept ppm at 1200-1400, then we start coming back down, start 1000-1200 PPM in flower

Room has AC, Stays about 75 degrees, 40-45% humidity all the time

3 1500 watt LED Grow Lights

Water stays around 70 degrees, about the same as the room.

We have had success with all the other ones on the same conditions. We did introduce ChaChing midflower like the schedule said.

axeouse

axeouse

Ok I'll get some more pictures today, these were being fed on the Fox Farms trio, big bud, grow big, tiger bloom

midflower kept ppm at 1200-1400, then we start coming back down, start 1000-1200 PPM in flower

Room has AC, Stays about 75 degrees, 40-45% humidity all the time

3 1500 watt LED Grow Lights

Water stays around 70 degrees, about the same as the room.

We have had success with all the other ones on the same conditions. We did introduce ChaChing midflower like the schedule said.

Also, forgot to mention i only do autoflowers right now

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Autos typically don't need as much nutrients as a regular plant,but with all of the stuff that you are pouring in, overfeeding would be my diagnosis. I've noticed that plants change their needs when they start to flower and they are more easily burned or damaged by high levels of nutes, although I think that a buildup of P or K is most likely the culprit, since it remains in the growing medium more than Nitrogen. After a while it builds up and can change chemically. Excess calcium and phosphorus will create a mineral that is not useful to plants. This causes deficiencies and other problems... this is why i recommend lower nute levels.

axeouse

axeouse

Autos typically don't need as much nutrients as a regular plant,but with all of the stuff that you are pouring in, overfeeding would be my diagnosis. I've noticed that plants change their needs when they start to flower and they are more easily burned or damaged by high levels of nutes, although I think that a buildup of P or K is most likely the culprit, since it remains in the growing medium more than Nitrogen. After a while it builds up and can change chemically. Excess calcium and phosphorus will create a mineral that is not useful to plants. This causes deficiencies and other problems... this is why i recommend lower nute levels.

Thank you for the info! I agree this is also what I was thinking, do you think the buds will get back to filling out at this point? Or have I stunted her?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I don't think they will grow much bigger, although I don't have much experience with Autos. Some of the leaf die off might be normal, as a lot of strains get yellowing fan leaves late in flowering. How long have they been flowering? Fixing the problem can't do anything but good, so I'd at least try to remove some of the excess nutrients and keep your eyes open for new bud growth. Some strains just don't get big buds, so it's always possible that you could be approaching the end of the cycle. Do you have any idea what the actual wattage of your lights are? I know they said 1500w, but those numbers are not reliable for LED lights. Are the buds on your other plants bigger?

axeouse

axeouse

I don't think they will grow much bigger, although I don't have much experience with Autos. Some of the leaf die off might be normal, as a lot of strains get yellowing fan leaves late in flowering. How long have they been flowering? Fixing the problem can't do anything but good, so I'd at least try to remove some of the excess nutrients and keep your eyes open for new bud growth. Some strains just don't get big buds, so it's always possible that you could be approaching the end of the cycle. Do you have any idea what the actual wattage of your lights are? I know they said 1500w, but those numbers are not reliable for LED lights. Are the buds on your other plants bigger?

I'll have to do some more research on the actual wattage of the lights, not too familiar on how to do that. I got them off of ebay, FAMURS is the brand. I do have other GSC that look way better, one that is the sister that was planted the very same time looks like its in its final few weeks. You can see the bigger good buds in the images above to the right of the image, those buds are great looking.

This is the only one that is doing this way which is what has got us worried. We put them in the ground Aug 6th, not sure exactly how long they have been flowering but I know its been a good 8 weeks at least probably longer. They seem to take longer than every place says but the more I read thats normal for the plants to flower for longer than the seed says it would.

We did a flush with all clean 6.0 PH water, added 600 ppm worth of nutrients, hoping this helps.

Here is a link to the lights:
https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B07MZMBMMN

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've never seen branches look like this, not sure if it's root problems or what but I don't think that plants going to be getting any better or bigger friend, sorry
20201206 155718

axeouse

axeouse

I've never seen branches look like this, not sure if it's root problems or what but I don't think that plants going to be getting any better or bigger friend, sorry
View attachment 1064569

I did have a white spot on one of my roots, I had done a flush a couple weeks back and used peroxide and hydroguard to be able to get what i expected may have been the start of root rot to go away, now the roots look better, no white like mold, but there is a darker tone to a couple of the roots, I'll try to get some more pictures as soon as i can.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I did have a white spot on one of my roots, I had done a flush a couple weeks back and used peroxide and hydroguard to be able to get what i expected may have been the start of root rot to go away, now the roots look better, no white like mold, but there is a darker tone to a couple of the roots, I'll try to get some more pictures as soon as i can.
I don't know what you mean by white spot because roots are white or they should be, but like Jim said I think that plant is done growing, hope you can get it to ripen if that's your goal, sadly I think it's more dead than alive, good luck.

axeouse

axeouse

Here is a pic of the roots and the plants sister which is same age and strain

05B4209C 5778 4FA6 827D 02000A0627D3
8E9E7D1C FA76 4A01 B3C1 12E0C95D8717
D43AB028 6270 415D A5B0 0BFA53E1DA31
659815C4 12F5 4BF8 9C05 95CFB807309C
0D8B5E83 DC9D 4EC8 BE0C C3E484894AA9
26AEC662 F97D 4C1E BFAA A16579A0F8DB
axeouse

axeouse

View attachment 1064569

If you look close the buds and stems/branches all have turned really purple

Also, GSCE Auto from ILGM strain

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I see the roots, can't say they look good and I've never seen stems look splotchy like that other than when they're really in trouble

I think you're going to find out that it's not going to get anything but worse, maybe you can get another week and it might ripen more I don't really know, but best of luck, I hope you figure out the issue!

axeouse

axeouse

I see the roots, can't say they look good and I've never seen stems look splotchy like that other than when they're really in trouble

I think you're going to find out that it's not going to get anything but worse, maybe you can get another week and it might ripen more I don't really know, but best of luck, I hope you figure out the issue!

Thanks for your help! We're just starting out and doing this as a couple, so we need all the help we can get! Really excited about joining this community and learning more to help us on our journey.

axeouse

axeouse

This also may be the wrong place for this, but does anyone see any red flags in my setup? again, we're just starting out, just need all the help we can get, thanks in advance to anyone that can give any pointers

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks for your help! We're just starting out and doing this as a couple, so we need all the help we can get! Really excited about joining this community and learning more to help us on our journey.
Don't be discouraged! I taught myself Hydroponics before the internet, I've killed whole gardens overnight, believe me I feel your pain 😫 ..it will get better it just takes some time so keep at it! good luck

TexanTerps

TexanTerps

Hey there! Don't get discouraged! Is this RDWC or are each DWC bucket separate?
I'm sorry to tell ya buddy but that root situation is not looking good, at all.
I think your best bet is to give that plant straight water then throw it in the dark a couple days chop and reload unless that would interfere with your plans.
I think any time spent on this plant is going to be futile. I believe you said it is an auto. A couple things and this is only opinion based on observed results.
I love DWC, I feel like you are wasting the potential it has with the autos. Don't get me wrong autos are great for simplicity and beginners however they lend themselves to a preloaded soil of sorts. I'm guessing here, but as soon as those auto genetics ran into trouble and felt stress when you did the first flush they made their mind up and the whole plant just went into shutdown mode. In soil you can use this trait to your advantage but in hydro any slip ups in flower are going to be hard to get over.

Remember the extra cost in lighting and environmental controls for the flower cycle 20-24 vs 11-12 hrs to me it is not worth that ruderalis penalty on quality.

I think you can grow some monsters in that DWC, or some super fast turnover. GAS by capulator was finishing out 51 days flower. As far as those funky roots go, I would stay on top of my temps, oxygenation, and personally I would switch to jacks hydro nutrients. Cheap simple sterile.

If you are DEAD set on trying to rescue this plant maybe look into OG BIOWAR Root Pack

Cheers Yall

Top Bottom