Yellow Leaves Lower, Mid, Top Started With Tips

• Thread starter stomatasf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stomatasf

stomatasf

Hi all,

I have a garden most plants are fine. About 3 have had yellow on the tips of their leaves and now this one's leaves are progressively getting more yellow from the outside edges/margins towards the inside.

I'll double check my waters pH but up to this last week it was fine. I'm growing in a organic soil mix one purchased locally and the other I amended myself. Like I said most plants seem fine.

Yellow leaves lower mid top started with tips
Yellow leaves lower mid top started with tips 2
Yellow leaves lower mid top started with tips 3
Yellow leaves lower mid top started with tips 4
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

You have a deficiency of some sort, probably of a micronutrient of some sort. A good fertilizer with micro nutrients should fix you right up.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

id top dress some acidfier in there and water it in,it takes a while to breakdown to lower your ph but will bring the green back,pretty much sulfur

Nugteq

Nugteq

Looks like a ph issue or a defiency fix any ph issues wouls be my first step then amending your soil like others posted. Great looking other than that tho

stomatasf

stomatasf

id top dress some acidfier in there and water it in,it takes a while to breakdown to lower your ph but will bring the green back,pretty much sulfur
Hi Nugteq and oldskol4evr... thanks for the responses. One of my other forums feels like could be pH swings also but suggested de-acidifying for lack of better words... Adding dolomite or oyster shell flower to bring up the pH. Since all the organics create acids etc. So I'm considering adding some oyster shell flower. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

stomatasf

stomatasf

Hi Nugteq and oldskol4evr... thanks for the responses. One of my other forums feels like could be pH swings also but suggested de-acidifying for lack of better words... Adding dolomite or oyster shell flower to bring up the pH. Since all the organics create acids etc. So I'm considering adding some oyster shell flower. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
I'm gonna try to test the soil pH and see what it reads and then go from there.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i wouldnt add or take away the ph unless i knew what it was,not your water ph,the soil,pot does its best at 6.5 ,that is the very middle of your mineral uptakes,if you add dolimite your gonna level off at 7 neutral,look at the chart for soil and see what 7 is ,reason for the 6.5 in cannabis and many vegtables is for the balance of those mineral and if you have to swing you can go .2 on each side and still not lock out,if you add a acidifer you can bring ph up with raising your feed ph if you dig what im saying,but hey just my 2 cent hahahah

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I'm sceptical of pH lockout, simply because I fought it from both ends this year, and am kinda intimate with the symptoms, and those aren't them. However, Home Depot has a $15 soil pH meter that would remove all doubt and help us help you. You want the soil moist, and leave it in for two or three minutes to stablize. Report that back, and we'll be able to be of better help.

stomatasf

stomatasf

I'm sceptical of pH lockout, simply because I fought it from both ends this year, and am kinda intimate with the symptoms, and those aren't them. However, Home Depot has a $15 soil pH meter that would remove all doubt and help us help you. You want the soil moist, and leave it in for two or three minutes to stablize. Report that back, and we'll be able to be of better help.
Hi OldManRiver I've got a rapitest soil test kit I thought I'd give that a try. I just need some distilled water and then will give that a try. Any of you tried this kit before? has the colored capsules and you can check NPK levels as well as soil pH. I'll report back as soon as I get results or maybe try a Home depot pH meter. Thanks! Ps. What kind of issues did you have? So you think its a micronutrient issue that I have?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Hi OldManRiver I've got a rapitest soil test kit I thought I'd give that a try. I just need some distilled water and then will give that a try. Any of you tried this kit before? has the colored capsules and you can check NPK levels as well as soil pH. I'll report back as soon as I get results or maybe try a Home depot pH meter. Thanks! Ps. What kind of issues did you have? So you think its a micronutrient issue that I have?
I had lockout from both ends of the pH. I had two plants that were at about 5.0, that showed general nute deprivation. They got pale, growth slowed down, lower leaves were shriveling. Lilly soil sweet fixed that. One of the retarded girls is now my biggest plant at close to eight feet.

Another set of girls were in Happy Frog, which was at 7.4 or so. They were just slow growing, pale lower leaves. Dosed them with aluminum sulphate, they are better, vigorous now. You can see them in the top link of my sig, they are the light dep gals.

stomatasf

stomatasf

I had lockout from both ends of the pH. I had two plants that were at about 5.0, that showed general nute deprivation. They got pale, growth slowed down, lower leaves were shriveling. Lilly soil sweet fixed that. One of the retarded girls is now my biggest plant at close to eight feet.

Another set of girls were in Happy Frog, which was at 7.4 or so. They were just slow growing, pale lower leaves. Dosed them with aluminum sulphate, they are better, vigorous now. You can see them in the top link of my sig, they are the light dep gals.
Ok, so i gave this rapitest kit a try and I'm going to collect another sample tomorrow as not positive i got down 2 to 3" into soil. According to this test its leaning more towards neutral to slightly alkaline. Here's the photos

IMG 9436
IMG 9438
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

That's way too alkaline for optimum growth. Get some aluminum or iron sulphate from a nursery or home depot and water that in. Start with about 1/4 cup per pot. You're aiming for 6.0 to 6.5.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

And, for the record, I was completely wrong about lockout.

Top Bottom