yellow leaves need some help cal mag def ? or just general def.

• Thread starter H.man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H.man

H.man

Hy all
Im quite new here so
thanks in advance for reading this and putting time into helping me out !

I have 6 auto's royal ak from queenseeds
The veg went quite fine, the 2 tall ones are 2 months old the other 4 1.5 month

The medium is :
35%earth (5-5-5)
35%peat
15%pearlite
15% vermiculite

i have been giving some extra nutrient GHE tripart 1.3ec about every 2 watering and 5.6-6.3 ph of water
i am not using any cal mag suplement ? and with my last grow i had the same problem ...
is the tripart GHE not containing enough CA and Mag ?

Last edited:
FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

I looked up you GHE Tripart. Couple questions.
Did you get the hard water or soft water version?
Which of the 3 parts are u feeding the most or all equally?

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

My guess is you have the soft water version and if its really for RO water it will have added cal/mag in higher ratio than the hard water version.
My guess is you have calcium excess lockout. The calcium is lowering you ph (which is already low) and locking out nutrients. Most people do not ph adjust water for soil especially if your water is close to neutral (ph7) straight from the tap.
The dark spots on the leaves is a good indicator of calcium excess early stages. Were I in your shoes, I would stop feeding any nutrients (especially if you can not isolate which of the 3 parts has the calcium in it) and just give the plant tap water that has not been ph adjusted for a week or two. Reason being their are plenty of grow and bloom nutrients (locked out) already in the soil no need to feed the soil anymore (for now). You are just making those nutrients available again to the plant. I would also add epsom salt infused water as part of the just tap water waterings. Magnesium helps plants uptake nutrients and could speed up the process of making the locked out nutrients available again. I would not be adding anything with calcium in it at this time.

Your plants look great and well cared for and I think things can be turned around to get a descent finish.

H.man

H.man

I looked up you GHE Tripart. Couple questions.
Did you get the hard water or soft water version?
Which of the 3 parts are u feeding the most or all equally?
I got hard water the water in my city is middle hard
for vege i give more" grow "and "mirco" little or no bloom
since 2 weeks i started giving much less "grow" same "micro"an more "bloom"
Is it recomended to give nutrients every watering ?
i follow tis chart +-

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

i follow tis chart +-
I meant your nutrient line has two different versions one for hard water one for soft water.
Which ever it is I see calcium lockout.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

i follow tis chart +-
Remember you are feeding the soil not the plant. Putting nutrients in the soil that are readily available to the plant. The plant feeds itself.

H.man

H.man

My guess is you have the soft water version and if its really for RO water it will have added cal/mag in higher ratio than the hard water version.
My guess is you have calcium excess lockout. The calcium is lowering you ph (which is already low) and locking out nutrients. Most people do not ph adjust water for soil especially if your water is close to neutral (ph7) straight from the tap.
The dark spots on the leaves is a good indicator of calcium excess early stages. Were I in your shoes, I would stop feeding any nutrients (especially if you can not isolate which of the 3 parts has the calcium in it) and just give the plant tap water that has not been ph adjusted for a week or two. Reason being their are plenty of grow and bloom nutrients (locked out) already in the soil no need to feed the soil anymore (for now). You are just making those nutrients available again to the plant. I would also add epsom salt infused water as part of the just tap water waterings. Magnesium helps plants uptake nutrients and could speed up the process of making the locked out nutrients available again. I would not be adding anything with calcium in it at this time.

Your plants look great and well cared for and I think things can be turned around to get a descent finish.
thanks for the advice
If i want to do a run off, should I do it with this osmo water or can i also do it with tap water this already has high ph like you say ...
Here its around 7.4 but I always ph my water around 5.6-6.3
so this is to low in general ?

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

thanks for the advice
If i want to do a run off, should I do it with this osmo water or can i also do it with tap water this already has high ph like you say ...
Here its around 7.4 but I always ph my water around 5.6-6.3
so this is to low in general ?
7.4 ph is not high at all, its actually neutral.
I had the same issue when starting out, one thing I did not consider was the build up of ph down over time in the soil. Many people have wrote long essays on this site about how readily available store bought SOIL, WILL PH BUFFER ITSELF. I wish I had known this earlier and had back the wasted time of not paying that simple FACT its proper attention. Use straight tap water nevermind the runoff ph, which when using soil you should not have run off.

H.man

H.man

o
7.4 ph is not high at all, its actually neutral.
I had the same issue when starting out, one thing I did not consider was the build up of ph down over time in the soil. Many people have wrote long essays on this site about how readily available store bought SOIL, WILL PH BUFFER ITSELF. I wish I had known this earlier and had back the wasted time of not paying that simple FACT its proper attention. Use straight tap water nevermind the runoff ph, which when using soil you should not have run off.
ok i will give the plants straight tap water with some epsom salt and no more nute's for 2 weeks
how much epsomsalt would you put in the water 1 thee spoon for 1gallon or 3.7l ?
They are still in early flower

Top Bottom