Yellow/Purple color on lower leaves

• Thread starter mj402
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mj402

Hello, first time grower here and I'm doing an outdoor grow. I feed my plants nutrients weekly and they are a little over two months old. I am starting to notice this yellowing of leaves with purple/brown color coming from center of leaves outwards. I have seen someone say it may be a phosphorous deficiency. There are also what looks like very faint white specs on the upper leaves, not sure if related. Just looking for some more insight.

Thanks

Yellowpurple color on lower leaves
Yellowpurple color on lower leaves 2
M

mj402

So I believe I found the culprit but if anyone has more insight please tell me. I believe I had spider mites, I tried to rub any leaves that seemed affected on both sides Hopefully I squashed most if not all aswell as their eggs.

However, would they be the cause of this yellow/purplish leaf discoloration? Or would it be something else. Thanks.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

So I believe I found the culprit but if anyone has more insight please tell me. I believe I had spider mites, I tried to rub any leaves that seemed affected on both sides Hopefully I squashed most if not all aswell as their eggs.

However, would they be the cause of this yellow/purplish leaf discoloration? Or would it be something else. Thanks.
Soil looks dry a good water wont do anyharm

M

mj402

Soil looks dry a good water wont do anyharm
I try not to water them until the soil feels dry about a half inch to one inch deep. I felt like I was overwatering them in the beginning. They are in 7.6 gallon containers with holes in the bottom for drainage. I usually water them every 3 days.

Top Bottom