yellow seedlings almost 3 weeks old

• Thread starter wtjames
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wtjames

this is my first grow,i started in super plugs,they popped fast and had 99% success rate,everything has been great except some stretch that i have corrected,problem is the last week we have been feeding them pureblend progro 1 teaspoon per gallon,and yesterday i noticed alot of yellowing going on,so i need a pros opinion on the subject,ive read and read and i realize it could be nute burn or possibly overwatering,can you guys have a look and tell me what you think? thanks in advance

Babys1
Babys2
Babys3
T

Texian

Hello wtjames! I realize you said you needed a pros opinion, and I am definately not a pro, but I may be able to steer you in the right direction. I have a book I refer to quite often when my plants have problems. The name of it is Marijuana Garden Saver. From your pictures and brief details, and my limited knowledge, it could be a couple of different things. However, in my opinion, it is a Nitrogen deficiency. It is the most common deficiency in cannabis. The lower leaves will go pale green before eventually turning yellow as the deficiency moves up the plants. Plants in the veg phase require high amounts of (N). I recently switched to the whole line of Humboldt Nutrients Master A and B and haven't had that problem lately, but I hear seabird guano acts quickly to supply Nitrogen. But like I said, I am no pro. Good luck!

dextr0

dextr0

those plants arent ready for food yet. Plain water will do. Give em a quick flush, maybe something like a drop so Superthrive and leave em be. Also dont let those plugs get to dry. Good luck.

Edit: When they get roots plant them...what do the roots look like they actually look like they should at least be in 16oz cups or somethin already....anyway when you replant start off using like half of whats recommended on the label.

T

Texian

Young seedlings are able to handle light nutrients by week 3, some strains in week 2, but 4 at the very latest, in plugs anyhow. Start off with a 1/4 strength and then increase gradually. And like dextr0 says, don't let the plugs dry out. I made that mistake one too many times.

W

wtjames

Ok thanks for all the replys..i can surely use the help,i went to my hydro store early today,they told me it was more than likely a nitrogen deficiency,if so that would mean under feeding? Correct? However i can't show them pics like i can on here,i think I'm going to put them on my flood table..I'm using 1k mh lights but i will keep them very far away,probably 4-5 feet to start..whatcha think?

dextr0

dextr0

Young seedlings are able to handle light nutrients by week 3, some strains in week 2, but 4 at the very latest, in plugs anyhow. Start off with a 1/4 strength and then increase gradually. And like dextr0 says, don't let the plugs dry out. I made that mistake one too many times.

This is true but dont you agree those plants are a little small for 3 weeks of vegging? (Im not questioning the age either). I think they need to be planted in a bigger pot or whatever you want to put them in. By the looks of your plants they arnt ready for nutes....Especially since you just gave them full strength. Thats my opinion. Maybe someone else will step in on this.

On the cool i think its a combo of not enough root space and nute lock...and like stated before inconstant watering. Moist thats the key. GL.

budboy299

budboy299

a seed in nature will have nutes available to it from the 1st day. Of course it won't draw any into itself until it needs it. cubes or plugs for 3 weeks from seed is way too long in my opinion. either put the plants into soil, or into whatever you are growing in, they need some nutes even if its a weak solution. Just be aware that they won't need much at all. Seeds in soil is pretty much the easiest because the plant will simply take what it needs without the worry about toxicity

W

wtjames

thanks everybody,these babys are going onto a flood table today,ill keep you posted with pics,well hopefully they will get huge…and hopefully the yellow will go away after the move to bigger pots with hydroton

Latest posts

Top Bottom