yellow spots formed on leaves

• Thread starter jordansmith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jordansmith

this is my first grow and i’m on about 2 weeks of grow and noticed these yellow spots forming on one of my plants anybody know what it is? l

Yellow spots formed on leaves
Yellow spots formed on leaves 2
AKgrow

AKgrow

Is there any way to get a picture of the whole plant in natural light? Also need more info, what wattage (from the wall) of light and how close to the plants? How often are you watering them and how much? What's your environment look like, temp/humidity? From the blurple pics they look overwatered. Possible that some of the spots are water or nutrient residue, some look like pH problems, but I can't say for sure without more info and better pics. Also, did you LST that leaf? The leaves could be drooping and touching the growing media which will cause problems.

J

jordansmith

Is there any way to get a picture of the whole plant in natural light? Also need more info, what wattage (from the wall) of light and how close to the plants? How often are you watering them and how much? What's your environment look like, temp/humidity? From the blurple pics they look overwatered. Possible that some of the spots are water or nutrient residue, some look like pH problems, but I can't say for sure without more info and better pics. Also, did you LST that leaf? The leaves could be drooping and touching the growing media which will cause problems.

J

jordansmith

and i’m not sure wall wattage but light is 300w temperature wise it’s about 76-79F and about 35% humidit and i have topped it not started lst yet

AKgrow

AKgrow

The first set of leaves or two can do weird things sometimes. I would let it grow to see if it gets worse. The new growth looks like it's coming in ok. Try not to do too much, you can kill them with too much love and attention. Try not to over water while they are young, and if growing in soil you shouldn't have to mess around with pH. Let them grow. Are you feeding anything to them? They shouldn't need much.

J

jordansmith

The first set of leaves or two can do weird things sometimes. I would let it grow to see if it gets worse. The new growth looks like it's coming in ok. Try not to do too much, you can kill them with too much love and attention. Try not to over water while they are young, and if growing in soil you shouldn't have to mess around with pH. Let them grow. Are you feeding anything to them? They shouldn't need much.
no just water

J

jordansmith

going pretty good i ended up cutting the leaves that had the spots and raised my light and raised my ph from 6.0 to 6.5ish and it seemed to help, now trying to figure why my plant is light green at the tops
A1410F17 2E3C 48EA AF68 F4E3E5ACE431

Dothraki

Dothraki

This looks like magnesium deficiency + bright LEDs. Up the cal/mag.
I need to figure out which one will work with the nutrient I’m running. Apparently using the wrong one will give me issues. The only way I was told to check is to mix it and look for particulates.

Observationist

Observationist

I need to figure out which one will work with the nutrient I’m running. Apparently using the wrong one will give me issues. The only way I was told to check is to mix it and look for particulates.
tap water for calcium , Epsom salts for magnesium super simple that way. Unless you need more calcium, doubt it plants aren’t that big.

Yellowing can also be a nitrogen thing(?) not 100% In new growth

Dothraki

Dothraki

tap water for calcium , Epsom salts for magnesium super simple that way. Unless you need more calcium, doubt it plants aren’t that big.

Yellowing can also be a nitrogen thing(?) not 100% In new growth
So foliar spray with magnesium? I used 1tsp for a gallon of spring water. I only applied it once to a different plant but don’t know if it helped yet. How often would you spray them?

Observationist

Observationist

So foliar spray with magnesium? I used 1tsp for a gallon of spring water. I only applied it once to a different plant but don’t know if it helped yet. How often would you spray them?
you can just give it straight to the soil, but can try foliar.

Dothraki

Dothraki

you can just give it straight to the soil, but can try foliar.
So...the nutrient im using is called Mantis. It’s PH buffered and will cause the plant to take up everything all at once. It’s weird so I can’t add certain stuff...not sure how it would react with the mantis.

Observationist

Observationist

So...the nutrient im using is called Mantis. It’s PH buffered and will cause the plant to take up everything all at once. It’s weird so I can’t add certain stuff...not sure how it would react with the mantis.
ah gotcha, foliar it is then! try little at first and if gets worse then...stop and figure out if u can add to ur soil to prevent future problems.

Dothraki

Dothraki

ah gotcha, foliar it is then! try little at first and if gets worse then...stop and figure out if u can add to ur soil to prevent future problems.
Yeah it’s probly my best bet. New leaves look ok right now but I’m convinced as soon as I flip to flower all hell is going to rain down in a shitstorm of deficiencies and problems. I’m just assuming problems get worse once in flowering but it’s my first grow so I’m not sure lol.

Observationist

Observationist

Yeah it’s probly my best bet. New leaves look ok right now but I’m convinced as soon as I flip to flower all hell is going to rain down in a shitstorm of deficiencies and problems. I’m just assuming problems get worse once in flowering but it’s my first grow so I’m not sure lol.
Yes

once the plant starts getting bigger and needing more to support its self

and the transition to flower requires a more energy, but then you start using different ratios for flower as well.

Showing results for do foliar sprays burn your plants?
Search instead for do foliar sprays burn ur plants?

Image result for do foliar sprays burn your plants?
Phytotoxicity: Greater concentrations of nutrients in the foliar spray could cause leaf burn as water evaporates and salts remain. Expense: Due to phytotoxicity concerns, small amounts of nutrients should be applied at a higher frequency. However, this practice can become costly and inefficient.

If the leaves are dripping wet, you have used too much. It may take you a few attempts to get it right. A great tip is to use a foliar sprayer that can be adjusted to expel a fine mist. Again, the finer the mist, the better it will be for the plant to absorb

Top Bottom