Yellow spots on leaves?

• Thread starter Nef420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nef420

Nef420

I've tried searching but can't find anything that has spots like what I see on my plant. It's the only one out of 6 that has this problem I've checked ph and nutrient levels and everything is good but I just don't know. Any help anybody please? And thank you all!!!!!

Yellow spots on leaves
Yellow spots on leaves 2
Yellow spots on leaves 3
socalpunx

socalpunx

its either nute burn,light or heat burn or root bound.whats the E.C. from the run off or flush

way2green

way2green

I've tried searching but can't find anything that has spots like what I see on my plant. It's the only one out of 6 that has this problem I've checked ph and nutrient levels and everything is good but I just don't know. Any help anybody please? And thank you all!!!!!

420, post: 1285490, member: 62284"]I've tried searching but can't find anything that has spots like what I see on my plant. It's the only one out of 6 that has this problem I've checked ph and nutrient levels and everything is good but I just don't know. Any help anybody please? And thank you all!!!!![/quote]
Unusual gor
Unusual for sure. Looks like some form of lquid was on the leaves and the lights
its either nute burn,light or heat burn or root bound.whats the E.C. from the run off or flush
I concur. Really looks like the lights magnified some form of liquid on the leaves and burned them. I have seen root bound plants do similar spotting.

Nef420

Nef420

Sorry but in still new to growing and don't know what you mean by E.C. I haven't started a flush yet. But what is E.C. If you don't mind me asking? Thanks for the help by the way

Nef420

Nef420

420, post: 1285490, member: 62284"]I've tried searching but can't find anything that has spots like what I see on my plant. It's the only one out of 6 that has this problem I've checked ph and nutrient levels and everything is good but I just don't know. Any help anybody please? And thank you all!!!!!
Unusual gor

Unusual for sure. Looks like some form of lquid was on the leaves and the lights

I concur. Really looks like the lights magnified some form of liquid on the leaves and burned them. I have seen root bound plants do similar spotting.[/quote]
They are in 3 gal pots. You think they are too big for that size pot? I think it might be the water on the leaves I sometimes drop a little water on the leave while I'm watering

way2green

way2green

3 gallon is plenty big for a 60-70 day run. I would bet it is the water. You can get away with some misting but if the water turns to drops and you are using significant wattage on your lights (especially Hps) it will burn spots all over your foliage! I have accidentally done it before. I have seen it happen dozens of times when the lights are hot.

Nef420

Nef420

Nice! Makes a lot of since I'm running a 600 watt hps and it does get pretty hot I just raised it a bit more now and ima try and watch out for the drops of water thank you for the help

way2green

way2green

I have made every mistake in the world over the years. I never had anyone to ask for help. I read everything that Ed Rosenthal has ever written. I learned from hard knocks and troubleshooting from Ed's advice. I have a horticulture degree and still have issues on occasion. I will help you anyway possible! Just ask.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Yeah an at one time or another it looks like your ppm was to high I'm seeing burning on your leafs tips an yeah if your plants are too close to your hps lights an you spray them with any Folair spray It can burn your plant's

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Do you have a in line fan to exhaust the heat out of your room you want to try an keep your Temps around 76 to 78 degrees if at all possible

way2green

way2green

Good call. I am not sure the age of his plants but I originally thought the tips were turning becsuse he had started a steady flush. 420 made it clear that he was not flushing so it clearly wasnt nutrient deprivation. Room temp must be a lil hiigh. I am not sure if a 600 would have burned the tips unless they were way too close. Hard to limit diagnosis from pics but I think he can narrow most problems to the ideas thrown his way. I am loving the opportunity to throw ideas around with peeps that know WTF is up!

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

All I know with out the perfect ecosystem that's created by the grower your garden will not thrive like it's supposed to so I always try to keep my temps between 76 and 78 degrees and you always want to keep air changing over with a inline fan and have a fan blowing on your plans as well to make him eat as much as possible, an to keep the mold off your flowers this is how I run my setup I run around with 1500 watts An my plans at all you can eat buffet laugh out loud

way2green

way2green

Oh Yeh. The mold down South in my neck of the woods will all but ruin a heavy indica garden. In the summer months I play with hybrids only. A lot of A/C and enough fans to start a tornado is the only defense against this humidity. These summer months I have to feed twice a day. I feel like these nutrient companies should give me a kickback

way2green

way2green

I never did ask 420 what that flavor was. He is doing a lot right to be new because his kola was starting to glisten! Keep on with the basics 420. Your thumb is turning green.

Haggardass

Haggardass

I foliar spray and sometimes foliar feed, to avoid the water pooling up in those little "cups" for lack of a better word, that you have formed right where the burns are located, after you spray just give them a good shake, not to violent but enough to break those big bubbles up, I've never sun burned a plant and have always done this.

Haggardass

Haggardass

Ps don't spray in flower unless it's a pest or fungus treatment and absolutely necessary.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looks like a light burn to me. Your plant also looks to be rather overfed.
3 gallon is plenty big for a 60-70 day run. I would bet it is the water. You can get away with some misting but if the water turns to drops and you are using significant wattage on your lights (especially Hps) it will burn spots all over your foliage! I have accidentally done it before. I have seen it happen dozens of times when the lights are hot.
That's pretty wild, because I do it all the time, including in full sunlight, and have yet to see a leaf burn from just water. I hose mine down every day, sometimes twice when it's as hot as it's been. In fact, it's been generally accepted to be a myth in the ag and horticultural worlds. :)

Nef420

Nef420

Do you have a in line fan to exhaust the heat out of your room you want to try an keep your Temps around 76 to 78 degrees if at all possible
Sorry for the late reply but I just ordered one. I normally just keep my closet door cracked for a while but my temps are around 78 most of the time

Top Bottom