Yellow spots on the top leaves

• Thread starter desert_eagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

desert_eagle

Hey guys, new to the forum. I've been reading for awhile now and gained a lot of priceless info from here.

I would highly appreciate if you guys could chime in and help me with the situation I'm in at the moment. I grow indoor, in Root Organics Original soil with pH 6.5 and recently noticed some yellow spots on the top leaves. The bottom ones are good, no signs of deficiency/excess, the RH is at 45-50 and the temps are 72-75f.

1645479898808.jpeg

1645479915036.jpeg

1645479934082.jpeg

I would assume this is a Leaf Septoria but wanted to hear from you guys first. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't think that's leaf septoria.

This doesn't look like an immobile nutrient deficiency symptom, because the growing points are not affected, and the new leaves aren't affected, just the mature ones below the very tops. it kind of makes me think it's light-related, but I'm not sure.

Could you post pics of a larger area of the grow? I know it would be tough to impossible to get a pic of an entire plant, with the net and all.

D

desert_eagle

I don't think that's leaf septoria.

This doesn't look like an immobile nutrient deficiency symptom, because the growing points are not affected, and the new leaves aren't affected, just the mature ones below the very tops. it kind of makes me think it's light-related, but I'm not sure.

Could you post pics of a larger area of the grow? I know it would be tough to impossible to get a pic of an entire plant, with the net and all.
Hey bro, thanks for the reply. I’ll take the pics tonight when they wake up, however the lower/fan leaves show no signs of any def/excess at all, just like the ones you could see in the background.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't know if it's this problem for sure, but many plants want more cal/mag in early flower. LED lighting seems to increase that demand.

In my grows it was often the leaves just below the tops that suffered, so that's why I kind of think it's cal/mag and light related.

D

desert_eagle

I don't know if it's this problem for sure, but many plants want more cal/mag in early flower. LED lighting seems to increase that demand.

In my grows it was often the leaves just below the tops that suffered, so that's why I kind of think it's cal/mag and light related.

D

desert_eagle

I’m using Athena’s line with their schedule and add 3ml per gallon of cal/mag. Do you think I should add more?

Thanks again for your time and info!

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

This does look like a mag deficiency, and as I see you are already going into auto-flower, as a rule the plant still wants magnesium, but not so much calcium as it does in veg. Switching to a sulfur/mag in flower helps in keeping the mag in your supplements that are needed by the plant, while the sulfur encourages ripening 👍

steamroller

steamroller

This does look like a mag deficiency, and as I see you are already going into auto-flower, as a rule the plant still wants magnesium, but not so much calcium as it does in veg. Switching to a sulfur/mag in flower helps in keeping the mag in your supplements that are needed by the plant, while the sulfur encourages ripening 👍

I agree on Mg .
I use epsom salts .

Latest posts

Top Bottom