Yellow tips and bud sites. Helllp

• Thread starter y0yoyoy0420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
y0yoyoy0420

y0yoyoy0420

Hi all Greenthumbs out there,
Haven't been on this in yearrsss. There was no need to during those times, but now it seems im in need of help again.

Im having a problem with a strain im growing. The budsites where the buds are forming are getting yellow. I just finished a batch and its whack af, i have another batch of the same strain goin on wk3, and it shows same symptoms as before. My avatar pic is the current state of the new batch. Attached photos is the product. About 75% of the room is like this, and the rest is just fine.

Im trying to fix this problem asap before its too late during the flowering phase. Idk if the mother i got it from is dying out, or some kind of nute lock/defieciency. What is this and How can i remedy this?

Environment and strain
Strain: Grease OG indica dominant.
PH is 6.0 to 6.2
Cocoa medium
RO.water
Ppm not higher than 1200. 1300 max
Humidity 55 to 65%
Temp 70 to 80degrees
1000w light runnin at only 50 to 75%
Drain to waste
The nugs have no smell, not sticky at all. But it is meaty
No pests/pm/rot/mold

The nugs

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I answered this but you provided no info. Again ppm way to high micros are locked out. Check run off ppm and pH and report back.

How many times a day are you fertigating? This can have an affect on nutrient concentrations and ph in the coco.

y0yoyoy0420

y0yoyoy0420

Thanks
what i did was flushed hard for 3 days, then continued my regimen. lowered ppm down by 100. it looked like it bounced back and looking good for now. Also, the pH was fluctuating .2 to .5 every 2 days or so. usually i check the pH only twice after i mix, but this weird cali weather been effecting the the pH balance. So Ive been checking everyday for the past week, adjusting as needed.
I have a different strain in the same room, it seems to be doing fine and better than the stunted strain. It seems maybe the grease strain is lil more sensitive than the other strain I am doin (BTY OG- Better than yours) Thanks for the response!

J

jaybirdakis

Believe it or not, these are all tell tale signs of “Hop Latent Viroid”. Very dark green, underdeveloped fan leaves, trichomes with only the stipules, missing heads, very yellow stunted growth coming from buds. You may also notice crazy lateral growth, unnecessarily growing it’s lowest branches further outward than upward.
HLV is “latent” meaning it can be dormant and show up later. Mainly you need to clean all trimmers with 10 percent bleach that’s the only thing that will kill the viroid before it spreads. You can not bring a plant back from HLV, and it spreads thru leaf picking and cloning.
I do not believe you are feeding too high at all, especially in coco. PH seems fine but always take weekly runoff readings. I can guarantee this is HLV.

M

mythogenetics

Hi all Greenthumbs out there,
Haven't been on this in yearrsss. There was no need to during those times, but now it seems im in need of help again.

Im having a problem with a strain im growing. The budsites where the buds are forming are getting yellow. I just finished a batch and its whack af, i have another batch of the same strain goin on wk3, and it shows same symptoms as before. My avatar pic is the current state of the new batch. Attached photos is the product. About 75% of the room is like this, and the rest is just fine.

Im trying to fix this problem asap before its too late during the flowering phase. Idk if the mother i got it from is dying out, or some kind of nute lock/defieciency. What is this and How can i remedy this?

Environment and strain
Strain: Grease OG indica dominant.
PH is 6.0 to 6.2
Cocoa medium
RO.water
Ppm not higher than 1200. 1300 max
Humidity 55 to 65%
Temp 70 to 80degrees
1000w light runnin at only 50 to 75%
Drain to waste
The nugs have no smell, not sticky at all. But it is meaty
No pests/pm/rot/mold

The nugs
That sound like HLV, you should isolate the plant before it spreads. If you want to test it I heard that MyFloraDNA or MedicinalGenomics work pretty good

M

MasterCookie

Yellowing of any growing tips or any plant means calcium uptake issues. From the other pictures where the internodal leaves joins looks very choppy scream lack of calcium.. you Ec may not be high.. however your feed is off ratio.. and your feed frequency is to often for you pot size. Also high phosphorus feeds will let to calcium lockout. You need to revisit your nutrients.

Top Bottom