Yellow tips can any one help with what issue im getting into....

• Thread starter WarnAbrotherzGardenZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

Could any one help on what issue I'm running into here...... thinking PH in the soil to high maybe 🤔
Running 25C 65% humidity day 20-21C 60% night.
680 W platinum horticulture LED fixtures.
6 Days In to flower running at currently 1.4 EC
PH given has been 5.8 throughout.
Run off tested EC 1.5 PH 6.3
Yellow tips can any one help with what issue im getting into

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

fert burn too much nitro, you are flowering now so should not be a issue.
next time less nitro a little hot, look good.
I was thinking to flush them with cal mag a 25% nutrient feed and PH of 5.5 . What do you think about the previous run off PH of 6.3 should I kick that down a bit to the 6.0 run off range ? Thanks for the help much appreciated 🙏

Dye

Dye

I was thinking to flush them with cal mag a 25% nutrient feed and PH of 5.5 . What do you think about the previous run off PH of 6.3 should I kick that down a bit to the 6.0 run off range ? Thanks for the help much appreciated 🙏
There’s very little fert burn there you need a little adjustment.
I will let others help. 10 years ago 6.3 was perfect.
today everybody runs under 6, Me I would just lower the nitro Next time.
ph could be lower but the burn is from too much nitro probably too often.
6.3 for soil is within range, but that’s open to a lot of discussion.

DanC520

DanC520

Maybe a mini flush at full cal mag / 25-50% other nutes just to get some salts out. 5.8 on the in, I never pay attention to run off ph. Only ppm/ec. I get a little burn on just about all my runs. So it’s not that crazy. Dialing things back/ corrective measures the move. Good luck!

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

Yes I'm leaning more towards to much nitro as the 2 part powder nutrient I use contains a lot of N in the "A" part.
Actually the A part only contains Nitrogen and Calcium.
I will drop down the A part and feed today I'm in coco so the problem should fix pretty quickly.
I've always been taught 5.8 - 6.0 is the range for coco but open to any opinions.

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

Maybe a mini flush at full cal mag / 25-50% other nutes just to get some salts out. 5.8 on the in, I never pay attention to run off ph. Only ppm/ec. I get a little burn on just about all my runs. So it’s not that crazy. Dialing things back/ corrective measures the move. Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback amigo. I have also heard not to pay attention to run off PH.
Can PH not be stored (build up ) in the coco ?

DanC520

DanC520

Others prolly know the science behind it, but I feel like you’ll just be chasing your tail if trying to mess with run off ph. Only thing I’ll test is ec/ppm. First couple grows I did daily. Last few have only been when curious. It’s pretty easy to get burnt tips. Just flush a little and see if pms/ec down.

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

Thanks for the help guys today I went forward and made the decision to go with 50% nutes got a nice run off and collected the info I know a lot of people say don't focus on PH run off but let's see what we have. Also a few pics think it's getting a little worse than better but we push on.

Input
EC 0.6
PH 5.6

Run Off
EC 1.2
PH 6.2
20220109 212710426
20220109 214815600
20220109 204949169
20220109 205325360
20220109 205333551

E9noxis

E9noxis

20220109 181618

Same issue but I haven't added any nitrogen. I gave just water yesterday. I dont check ph. I'm not there yet

E9noxis

E9noxis

Coco based soil I built.
Poland spring water. Nutes once a week

It's just strange to me it showed up the day after a regular old watering

E9noxis

E9noxis

Coco based soil I built.
Poland spring water. Nutes once a week

It's just strange to me it showed up the day after a regular old watering
1.5 cubic feet coco coir
8 quarts peat moss