Yellow veins showing up on seedlings

• Thread starter Ianpemb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ianpemb

Ianpemb

Hey all, I'm hoping someone can help me.
I just noticed yellowing of the veins on top leaves of a gg4 seedling. They are in fox farm happy frog soil mixed with about 30% perlite. I have been able to find lots of issues with yellowing between the veins but not yellowing of the veins themselves
Yellow veins showing up on seedlings

Yellow veins showing up on seedlings 2
FullFuzzy

FullFuzzy

According to here and a couple other places I remember reading, I think yellowing veins is a sign of magnesium deficiency. Check your soil PH, should be 6.0-7.0 for soil, and if that's fine but it doesn't ease, you'll need to get a calmag supplement for it

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Looks like suffocation to me. If they stay wet too long the water loses it's air and the roots can not breathe. Lift them. If they are heavy, (read wet), you can try flushing with some well aerated water. If not, you may have to re-pot them into dryer soil.

I had to do that last week to a couple donated clones. Worked well.

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Are you feeding them nutrients? Seeds dont need nutrients for the first few weeks and overfeeding nutrients is a huge problem on this site.

Seeds have something called cotyledon leaves. These are not true leaves and are meant to break open the seed shell and supply the plant with nutrients for the start of its life..

Ianpemb

Ianpemb

Hi Everyone, Thanks for replying. I have not fed them anything at this point. just water up to now. my PH is about 6.4- 6.5. I am growing in soil. The pots are not heavy and I have been light on the watering (lessons learned from last years grow) The yellowing does not appear to be between the veins but rather starting in the veins and that is the confusing part. The problem is only on the top leaves the lower leaves are not showing any sign of this.

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Then it is likely the ladder and they need nutrients. I would add a very light dose of nutes at around 200 - 250 PPM with a bit of calcium/magnesium in it. I like to supplement my nutes with some calmag for the start of the plants life when adding nutrients.

Tip: if ever correcting a deficiency or needing to get something into the plant quickly foliar feeding works better the root feeding. The stomata on the leaves' absorption rate is much faster than root absorption rates.

Ianpemb

Ianpemb

Then it is likely the ladder and they need nutrients. I would add a very light dose of nutes at around 200 - 250 PPM with a bit of calcium/magnesium in it. I like to supplement my nutes with some calmag for the start of the plants life when adding nutrients.

Tip: if ever correcting a deficiency or needing to get something into the plant quickly foliar feeding works better the root feeding. The stomata on the leaves' absorption rate is much faster than root absorption rates.
thanks, It is only the one seedling. Ill add a bit of nutes to that one plant and see what happens.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

"The problem is only on the top leaves the lower leaves are not showing any sign of this. "

The lower leaves show the history. New growth shows current health.
If she were actually deficient in mobile elements. the lower leaves would get raided.

Top Bottom