Yellowing Clones,,help

• Thread starter sonoragold
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sonoragold

sonoragold

OK,,so not a new farmer but I need help,,first off I have 36 clones,,all doing the same thing,,,turning yellow,,now I already ruined one batch of clones,,same problem,,the pH is correct,,I filter my water,,I have tried changing the soil ,,been using sunshine mix 4.. No nutes,,but added a few organic mix that I always use with great succes,, I thought many I had over watered on the first set of clones,,,so up came the second set,,,changed soil to madd dog by fox farms,,,has some nutrients in it but not much..have let my soil dry out between waterings,,,but same dam thing is happening,,I cannot figure it out,,almost looks like a mag defiency or pH lockup but everything is as it should be,,,tried foliar feeding with worm castings a few days ago,,but no change,,,help,,

Last edited:
sonoragold

sonoragold

IMG 20141203 201227
IMG 20141203 201253

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Are you using any type of rooting compound?

sonoragold

sonoragold

Yes''i use bio roots from general hydro,,never had a problem before

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I would mix a half strength nutrients and feed one....
they might be hungry...

I hope a guru pops into help you. Best of luck.

sonoragold

sonoragold

Yea thanks,,I tried that on the first batch but didn't help

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

They r all looking like this,,,

Hmmm, has to be common link.
If you have not changed the source of water since your successful grows, what's left is air quality, or broad mites.
Hopin' for air quality, because that is easier to fix.

A while back there was a problem with grow tents out-gassing toxic fumes that killed grows.
Same symptoms.
New linoleum installs have made plants sick with fumes from the mastic.
Some new carpets release formaldahyde too.
I'd investigate any changes made to their environment just before they got sick.

As for the broad mites, they are way too small to see without a 'scope.
They hitch rides on whiteflies.
Lay a slice of potato on the soil near the stem and check it with a 60 -100X 'scope in about 8 hours.
They are easy to identify because their eggs have an "embossed" diamond design.

Those clones are small enough to hotbox for mites.
If you see broad mites give 'em an hour or so at 120 degrees F. and see what happens.

Good luck with it.

Weeze

sonoragold

sonoragold

I'll have to check,,I use the same veg room,,nothing has changed,,air quality is good,,I'm way up in the mountains and I make where they get plenty fresh air,,,I don't think its mites,,,the clones came from two different sources,,I even switched from my 6x6 pots to 1 gallon pots,,I even switched out my bulbs from a my 6500 kV to a sodium halide,,,loosing the clones isn't a financial thing,I get most of mine for free,,,its just that I can't figure it out

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Get some fish fertilizer and feed with that. Mix it at half strength. If anything can green something up it is fish fertilizer. You could also use 1/2 strength Miracle Grow if you don't mind not being organic for a few times.

You could also mix Miracle Grow at 1/4 strength and foliar spray.

Don't do both at the same time.

I know people hate on Miracle Grow but it is useful for emergency first aid.

H

happy b

Get some fish fertilizer and feed with that. Mix it at half strength. If anything can green something up it is fish fertilizer. You could also use 1/2 strength Miracle Grow if you don't mind not being organic for a few times.

You could also mix Miracle Grow at 1/4 strength and foliar spray.

Don't do both at the same time.

I know people hate on Miracle Grow but it is useful for emergency first aid.
Dont use fish emultion indoors whatever you do.just curious what kind of livht source are you useing?sometimes certain varieties need a bit more intense light to stay green.had that problem occassiony useing flurescent lights.

sonoragold

sonoragold

I'm going to give them a shot of deep fusion..stuff is crazy good,,I'm using sunpulse 600 mh 6500 kV at two feet,,,I thought maby I had light bleached them. But that's not it. The only same variable is my water supply...I use a very good filter system..but will put a meter on it tomorrow to make where,,I swear it looks like a nutrient lockout caused by incorrect ph

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are you monitoring/logging pH?
OK,,so not a new farmer but I need help,,first off I have 36 clones,,all doing the same thing,,,turning yellow,,now I already ruined one batch of clones,,same problem,,the pH is correct,,I filter my water,,I have tried changing the soil ,,been using sunshine mix 4.. No nutes,,but added a few organic mix that I always use with great succes,, I thought many I had over watered on the first set of clones,,,so up came the second set,,,changed soil to madd dog by fox farms,,,has some nutrients in it but not much..have let my soil dry out between waterings,,,but same dam thing is happening,,I cannot figure it out,,almost looks like a mag defiency or pH lockup but everything is as it should be,,,tried foliar feeding with worm castings a few days ago,,but no change,,,help,,
Not Mg-, looks like an immobile nutrient issue to me as a possibility here. What are the more common immobile deficiencies? Most common IME is Ca, this doesn't look like Ca. Could be S, or Fe... but it looks different to me. I'll add this--those dark green leaves & petioles suggest a P utilization problem to me, too.

sonoragold

sonoragold

Yea I think your right,,I rechecked my pH,,is fine''ive decided to just go for it with nutes,,,so I mixed up some roots organic,,a little cal magic,,and some deep fusion,grow.bloom.and micro...if this doesn't work I give up..lol

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Seamaiden I didn't even see those two dark green leaves.

O

oregonmellow

How long have they been rooted or are they fresh cuttings? If they are fresh what is the temperture of the medium needs to be fairly warm for the roots to develop with the rooting hormone,if they are rooted they almost look overwatered,common mistake when using large pots and small plant starts,and maybe a bit light stressed ,might raise your lights a little let them stretch then start training them, if they get too leggy re-bury the stem to promote some additional root development,good luck and happy growing.Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom