Yellowing clones

• Thread starter Attis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Attis

I tried to find something on this here in the infirmary as well as on the web, but no luck and I'm worried that I may be running out of time.

Here's the deal, I cut 3 clones from my Bubblegum mother (3 months old) so I can flower her and start a new mother. I cut them 6 days ago. They drooped after the 2nd day, but perked back up the next day so I figured things were good, then yesterday I noticed that the main fan leaves on all three cuttings were almost completely yellow and drying out and the rockwool is moist and the humidity is 80%-90%.

Any idea what the problem is.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats a good sign buddy, that happens when I take cuts they get a lil droop dick willie, then the next day they purk right back up,, the yellowing is a sign of the plants using there energy to produce roots.. All the food stored in the lil clones leaves is what its going/feeding off of to get roots etc.. I see roots in about 2 weeks, I use straight 1x1 rockwool cubes

A

Attis

Thats a good sign buddy, that happens when I take cuts they get a lil droop dick willie, then the next day they purk right back up,, the yellowing is a sign of the plants using there energy to produce roots.. All the food stored in the lil clones leaves is what its going/feeding off of to get roots etc.. I see roots in about 2 weeks, I use straight 1x1 rockwool cubes

Thank you for clearing that up for me Danny. At first I didn't think anything was wrong cuz the leaves were still moist and there weren't any signs of drying, then when I noticed the drying start, I started to panic a little. I couldn't find any details on the web about this specifically, I was just planning on waiting it out to see what happened. You definitely made me feel better about the whole ordeal, and it makes complete sense that since they don't have roots they would need to pull food from somewhere. Where better than the big juicy leaves right? LOL

Just so that I know, will the yellowing correct itself or are they going to continue to get worse until they just fall off?

Thank you again!:handshake

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Just so that I know, will the yellowing correct itself or are they going to continue to get worse until they just fall off?
Either way they'll get worse and fall off. I'd keep a close eye on them Attis, you're at the make or break point.

B

Bio Kid

I like to spray a lil liquid karma and fulvic acid solution sometimes when they yellow....I'm sure there are plenty ways of controlling this though some sorta vit b complex might work for ya too like superthrive or somethin like that. sometimes the strains that take a lil longer to root in the plugs just need a lil love to keep goin........I also like to neem plants before I take cuts off em as I noticed the cuts keep better and the leaves seem protected........ trial and error there is no right way just what works for you..........peace bro

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
i mist cuttings with a bit of superthrive when they start yellowing and usually jump right back

M

mato

next time try spraying them with some diluted milk. The clones actually feed off of the milk which preserves the fan leaves, keeps them greener, and milk also inhibits and kills Powdery Mildew. Oftentimes clones succumb to Powdery Mildew, because of the humid environment, however the plants don't show symptoms until a week or so later. You want to mix the milk at a .5-1.0 milk:10 water ratio.....meaning for a liter of foliar mixture, you'd add between 50-100 ML of mik to 950-1000 ML of water. If you have access to raw milk (try health stores) its best.......just skim the fat off the top as it will make everything smelly. Otherwise just buy organic fat free milk.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I have used formulex in the past, really didnt think anything special about it honestly.
Recently tho OBsoult33 made my day.. This is the shit hear guys.. It makes a lot of sense imo..and if you have or are using gh 3 part series.
I took about 43 cuts within a few days from reading and learning that.. I dont have any yellowing with this new batch of clones. I really am happy about this batch of clones..:banana:

GTD

B

Bio Kid

For me most of the time I ever get yellowing it is because the particular clone is not touching the rooting media properly or the cut is about to root soon and needs a little nudge. I use to foliar feed the clones when this happened but I stopped doing that all together. I like to leave them dry and just keep the rooting area at proper moisture(rr,rockwool, ect. ect.) Gives me less chances of the cut going bad....

Top Bottom