yellowing curling leaves and brown spots (pics)

• Thread starter Majestik420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Majestik420

The top leaves on this skunk have started to curl inward like a claw and develop brown spots on the leaf i just added a c02 burner to my room and this is when the problem started my room temps stay around 80, my ph stays in the 6.0 to 6.5 range my grow medium is coco i keep the c02 level around 1200 ppms and my nutes at the same concentration. the browns spots on the leaves i have seen before near the end of the grow but never this early the leaf curling is new . I thought it was a n def due to the color of the leaves under the light they look pale green i added extra n and there dosent seem to be any change now i wondering if its a nute burn or maybe a nute lockout any help would be appreciated.

Yellowing curling leaves and brown spots pics
Yellowing curling leaves and brown spots pics 2
Yellowing curling leaves and brown spots pics 3
deacon1503

deacon1503

Not a N- issue it fades to yellow not light green. My guess is a P- issue. Got red stems?

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

With those spots and the green color I'd say Potassium or Manganese.

Probably a lockout situation. Runoff Ph and ppm? Input? (recommend half strength nutes for flushing)

Isn't that Ph a little high for coco?

YJ

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Looks like what I had once on a very slight scale, Epsom salts, sorted me out! Tea spoon springkled over the top

M

Majestik420

I have a small correction to make that plant is in hydrostone not coco i belive i was just wishing i had stuck with coco but anyway the runoff ph this morning was 6.3 and the affected leaves have red or purplish colored stems (but the main stems and the rest of the plant is green) i dont have an exact ppm my meter is broke the leaves that are most affected are on top, Side and bottom leaves dont seem to be affected but growth is slower then i was expecting. im going to take your advise and flush and lower my nute lvl if my plants are locked out what do you guys think could have caused it i dont know the nute ppms but i know this strain its ran in this same system at these same lvls for a long time and nvr any issue untill i added the co2 i was wondering if the added c02 caused the plants to uptake nutrients at a faster rate and this is what caused my lockout, is 6.3 ph really so high that it could be the culprit?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The top leaves on this skunk have started to curl inward like a claw and develop brown spots on the leaf i just added a c02 burner to my room and this is when the problem started my room temps stay around 80, my ph stays in the 6.0 to 6.5 range my grow medium is coco i keep the c02 level around 1200 ppms and my nutes at the same concentration. the browns spots on the leaves i have seen before near the end of the grow but never this early the leaf curling is new . I thought it was a n def due to the color of the leaves under the light they look pale green i added extra n and there dosent seem to be any change now i wondering if its a nute burn or maybe a nute lockout any help would be appreciated.
Hmm... top leaves, check. Brown necrotic spots, check. Coir, check. You have a few issues, first and foremost is a Ca-. Ca is important for all plants, but even moreso in hydro and especially in coir cultivation. Also, your pH is out of range IMO.

Edit* Still true for hydropebble cultivation, IMO (but not experience, never used those things yet). I still think your pH levels are way too high, and it's clear that you've got real issues with calcium. I would suggest getting a Ca-only product, dropping your pH. Also, whole plant pix are most helpful.

In the meantime, I'm going to attach for you three charts, one is a flow chart and demonstrates the importance of knowing where a given issue is being observed on a plant. The second is simple cannabis leaf depictions, it does have one mistake as it shows Ca as being mobile, calcium is an immobile element (which is why it shows up on the newest growth--it cannot be translocated from old to new plant tissue). The last one is the Mulder Mineral Wheel and shows how minerals are synergistic or antagonistic to each other, with elemental notations. I use these charts ALL the time.

Leaf trouble chart
Best cannabis deficiency visual chart
Mineral wheel

M

Majestik420

Looking at that chart it does seem to fit a calcium issue im gonna add in some more calcium and lower ph and see what happens thanks everyone for the input.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Given what you've relayed, I would say hunnert percent it's a Ca-.

Top Bottom