Yellowing Early On In Flower?

• Thread starter Bowski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bowski

Bowski

Hey all, doing a run of G13 and Incredible bulk and it seems to be yellowing early in flower. The first two weeks green as can be and in the fifth week whoa! been picking leaves like crazy. I mixed a 30 gallon batch of Advance Nutes and it had sit with a recirculating pump for 4 days before use and im not sure if the batch went enert in some way. Before hand I was using 2 air stones to keep the mix moving, but was told by AN not to do that and to use a small water pump instead.
The flowers are coming along nicely but cant help to think whats going on. This is my third run and my first in soil HP mix. is this a common event?
514023-09251c608276df76367ac2a371d575ba.jpg

514024-19e06103ed9fb8650e6d7529c0a0fd8f.jpg

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Looks to me like your being attacked by pythium.
You say the buds are growing just fine but I bet they start to seize and burn up at this point.
Are your resivours trays watering hoses clean? They should be cleaned weekly to avoid problems.
Those fan leaves that burn up one leaf in the first pic is the reason I say pythium. Followed by burnt tips slow bud growth and fan leaves dropping like flies.
Are they sucking up water like they were in week 2?
Pythium likes to show her face the last few weeks of flower when the plant has used all its energy into making flowers and is pretty much defenseless at this time.

Bowski

Bowski

yes growth of buds has really stalled, what is Pythium? I will look it up lol
is there anything I can do at this point?
if anything I under watered my plants. But I did notice that my Humidity has been as low as 28% and hasnt been much better than 34% so could that be the issue? never had a humidity problem in hydro..lol

Last edited:
Bowski

Bowski

what should I do? I'm in HP mix. when I go to re-use my air pots should I soak every thing in pool shock for a day or two.
I think I screwed up letting the pots sit on the concrete there for causing a condition of a wet area with no air circulation. Im using the full Advance Nutrient line including there root protection add on's... Im seriously think Im finished with all the fancy bullshit line of nutes, not because of my own fault of this problem but, the last successful run of AN and not a bit more grams per watts was measured.
WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT THE PROBLEM AT HAND? Im thinking of pulling one of the plants out of its fabric pot and looking at the roots. I will post some pics.
NOTE!!!!
Im running well water that has iron bacteria but, I run it through a RO system and my meters dont detect any ppm's but im sure I have some bad bacteria in the water. Could I place a UV light in my rez to combat any living organisms in the water?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
yes growth of buds has really stalled, what is Pythium? I will look it up lol
is there anything I can do at this point?
if anything I under watered my plants. But I did notice that my Humidity has been as low as 28% and hasnt been much better than 34% so could that be the issue? never had a humidity problem in hydro..lol
Hi at this point the plants have no energy left to fight off the bad bacteria, so the longer u take them the worst they will get.
Humidity has nothing to do with pythium so your good there.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
what should I do? I'm in HP mix. when I go to re-use my air pots should I soak every thing in pool shock for a day or two.
I think I screwed up letting the pots sit on the concrete there for causing a condition of a wet area with no air circulation. Im using the full Advance Nutrient line including there root protection add on's... Im seriously think Im finished with all the fancy bullshit line of nutes, not because of my own fault of this problem but, the last successful run of AN and not a bit more grams per watts was measured.
WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT THE PROBLEM AT HAND? Im thinking of pulling one of the plants out of its fabric pot and looking at the roots. I will post some pics.
NOTE!!!!
Im running well water that has iron bacteria but, I run it through a RO system and my meters dont detect any ppm's but im sure I have some bad bacteria in the water. Could I place a UV light in my rez to combat any living organisms in the water?
You never ever want the plants sitting in any kind of stagnet water. The bad bacteria will always win.
If I were you I would start by cleaning everything with bleach or pool shock. All resivours need cleaned with bleach every week. Measuring cups watering hoses the hole shebang. The cleaner you work better things will be.
Cleaning pots is a must as you stated. I would skip the bennies and pick up a bottle of dutchmaster zone and water with everytime till you get done cleaning everything.
Start working on your next run now. All those root products u use only protect your roots, so once they wear off and the bad bacteria is still there it gets in the plant.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

You never ever want the plants sitting in any kind of stagnet water. The bad bacteria will always win.
If I were you I would start by cleaning everything with bleach or pool shock. All resivours need cleaned with bleach every week. Measuring cups watering hoses the hole shebang. The cleaner you work better things will be.
Cleaning pots is a must as you stated. I would skip the bennies and pick up a bottle of dutchmaster zone and water with everytime till you get done cleaning everything.
Start working on your next run now. All those root products u use only protect your roots, so once they wear off and the bad bacteria is still there it gets in the plant.

And they say hydro is less maintenance....? Heavy.

Bowski

Bowski

I always mop the floors with bleach water and before I start a new run i spray fugicide and insecticide plus, I bring the c02 up to 10000 ppm for 24 hours. I opened up one of the worst looking fabric pots and the roots looked normal. there were no roots on the side of the pot had to scrape away some soil to see them. they were not bright white but im really not an expert on what they should look like in a soil/fabric pot grow. I bought some left over AN nutes from a shop going out of business and he said it was a year or so old. when I mixed the a/b combo it had a normal ppm reading. but it could be so old that some of its base is inept.
So let me see if I understand this..this pythium is caused by over watering or something else? cause I do not feed or water untill the soil is dry or the plants show a little wilting.

Bowski

Bowski

Well yesterday I ditched the AN and fed them with H&G with a maximum dose of Roots Excelerator.
The buds look fine so far, very frosty and smell great. Im already working on the new hydro system to replace the soil grow.
Im hoping that its the damn old nutes i purchased, but I will keep a eye out for any worsening and if so I will chop them down, and move on. Live and learn.

Bowski

Bowski

Ok so if I have pythium, do i need to get rid of all my clones? everything i have has some yellowing.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Ok so if I have pythium, do i need to get rid of all my clones? everything i have has some yellowing.
No you don't, get a bottle of Dutch master zone add 2ml per gallon before mixing your nutes. Add everytime u water.
Like I said above it's most likely coming from bad husbandry "Meaning your not keeping this sterilized like your buckets trays hoses measuring cups etc. weekly at least"
second thing is make sure you have good drainage any plant sitting in water is a sess pool for bad bacteria.
It takes a while to get things healthy again. There's no helping the plants in bloom at this point. The bacteria is already past the root zone and into your stems. That's why the buds have seized and the leaves are dropping like flies.

Bowski

Bowski

Thanks GrowGod! and let me ask you this, should Dutch Master Zone be used always even in healthy plants be it soil or hydro.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Thanks GrowGod! and let me ask you this, should Dutch Master Zone be used always even in healthy plants be it soil or hydro.
Yes, zone creates what we callin the biz"sterile" growing medium. It's basically filtered chloramine wich kills all good and bad bacteria. So do not use bennies"root enhancers" when using zone . After you get everything back to health which will take a while, then you can choose weather u want to go with bennies or zone. We can talk about that after your plants are green with white roots

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i grow in soil,what you can do as i do is a humic fulvic root flush,you are in soil with air pots right,im kinda lost because you are also talking hydro at the same time,with soil you cant leave a plant setting in water,it will kill your roots,i think 15 min is the max,if you are in soil go down buy you so cheap ass trays,i buy the plain old oil pans from wal mart,the kind you catch oil in,anyway anything will work ,get some little 1x2 blocks and sit the bags on them were your not sitting in water ,to fix that root zone and adjust your ph also provide more uptake of your water or feed get some humic fulvic at 1/4 tsp per gallon,feed that bitch and the next morning they wont only love you ,they will be praying to them lights,all you have to do with the stuff is feed it to the bags like you are flushing,get a really good runoff at least 30%,it will clean the roots flush any salt buildup and as mention above it does wonders,most of the time we are trying to push the plant to the max and screw up thats were this stuff comes to the rescue

Bowski

Bowski

Update, I've treated my plants with Dutch Zone and it has stopped any further development in yellowing and they are looking better.
What is the best treatment for white fly's? I've tried neem oil spray, Azamax and spectra with no avail.
How do you kill these things???

Bowski

Bowski

Ok, I think the whitefly infestation is killing my plants I have thousands of them and they are sucking the life out of these plants. To late now to rid them.
Azamax and neem didnt do squat to them. to many and to late for wasp to kill.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Update, I've treated my plants with Dutch Zone and it has stopped any further development in yellowing and they are looking better.
What is the best treatment for white fly's? I've tried neem oil spray, Azamax and spectra with no avail.
How do you kill these things???
Damn bro if it'snot one thing it's another , I thought montereys insect garden spray would do just fine but I think it has azamax in it.
For your veg room get some of those hot shot pest strips but you don't want that poison in the bloom room

Top Bottom