Yellowing Flowering Plants. Week 6. 45x36 Room

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Moses249

room info
45x36 room. 24 gavitas set to 1000. sealed room. central air. flood and drain trays. 2 300 gallon reservoirs feeding the tables. co2 (1200 Ppm). Flood 4 times during lights off 0 times when lights on. Ppm 1000-1200 depending on week target ppm goal. ph 5.5-6.5. advanced nutrients, current res is silica, cal-mg, overdrive, nirvana, b-52, micro grow bloom (silica always added first). I change the res every seven days and the day before the res change i use hygrozyme to try and clean the system. No spider mites or other bugs i am aware of though there is a bunch of springtails that hang out in my trays. room temps 78-84 lights on 68-73 lights off. humidity lights on under 40 lights off about 65.

This is my first grow using gavitas and the lights aren't that far off the top of the plants because i just flat out don't have the ceiling height. in certain cases they are maybe one foot away from the top of the plants.
in the last ten days (today is day 40 of flower) or so many of my plants have started to yellow from the top down. additionally the salts in my reservoir is rising every single day. two days ago when i left the ppm was 980, today when i came back the ppm was 1100. (This rise in salts has been going on for at least a week) obviously the plants had used water and some of this is explainable because of water concentration but this coupled with the yellowing has me hella worried. additionally it seems like the plants just aren't doing all that well (and looking well) and that growth has slowed to a crawl. Thoughts on what i should do? i was thinking drop the reservoirs go straight r.o. water for a couple days then a fresh reservoir with weaker ppm level? or should i run some sort of cleaner clearex? or flora kleen or something?

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
A 1kwatter gavita a foot away from the plants obviously is far from ideal but in hydro and considering your temps it doesn't have to be the main problem per se but you could make it a little easier by simply giving them less hours of light. E.g. Run 11 on and 13 off.

Anyway, yes I would run with ro and no or very little nutes and then use lower ppm, of just the base nutes. Especially when you run high ppm already (like 800+) you don't want to let the ppm rise for days.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Ph 5.5 to 6.5? Do you have a ph pen or are you using paper?
You have ph up and down?

M

Moses249

I have a blue lab constant read out on both rez's. I dont adjust the ph because supposedly with advanced nutriens ph perfect you aren't supposed to adjust it unless it is out of that range 5.5-6.5. thats what they said when i called them and asked. I ran str8 r.o. water for two days and washed out about 90 ppm of salts. i did new reservoirs yesterday and mixed the ppm to around 950. the yellowing is getting worse and the plants aren't looking good. obviously considering the scope of the grow its not a good thing it all. need this crop to be good like a fish needs water.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Link in my sig has a super high def chart, it depends on where the yellowing is on the plant. Pics would help diagnose.

Top Bottom