Yellowing Leaf Tips

• Thread starter Yezit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Yezit

I have 7 la bella afrodita auto under 1000 watt hps, temp is 27-28, moist is around 40-50, I have co2 enrichment in my grow room. They are planted in 12 liter pots. Its been 8 days since they show their gender for the first time. My question is why are the bottom leaves are yellowing at this early stage and what do you think is the problem with leaf tips? Why are they yellowing? Is it overfert or a N deficiency?

Yellowing leaf tips
Yellowing leaf tips 2
Yellowing leaf tips 3
Yellowing leaf tips 4
Y

Yezit

I used sensi bloom 2-4-8 at full rate 1 week ago and had used canna terra vega 4-0-0 at full rate at day 14-21.

organix4207

organix4207

Looks to me like could be the beginning of a nitrogen deficiency. The plant is robbing from "less important" part of the plant to keep the top growing strong.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Look and see if the yellowing leafs are the first true set of leafs on the plant.
If so those always die off or turn yellow. But as Organix said just keep watching and make sure it doesn't spread.
STR8

Y

Yezit

Yellow leaf tips are only at top. Lower leaves are not affected.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I see some funkiness on some of those lowers, looks like variegation or similar (many people ascribe that to mosaic virus). Or, it could be Mg-.

The yellowed tips are your first sign of nitrogen toxicity. Don't give any more N, and you may want to back off very, very slightly.

organix4207

organix4207

I thought ypu where referring to the yellow bottom leaves .....
Tip burn generally means you are on the ragged edge of burning them . Back off the nutes like @Seamaiden said .
Cheers

Y

Yezit

I see some funkiness on some of those lowers, looks like variegation or similar (many people ascribe that to mosaic virus). Or, it could be Mg-.

The yellowed tips are your first sign of nitrogen toxicity. Don't give any more N, and you may want to back off very, very slightly.

I just gave call mag (4-0-0) at half rate as someone in another forum suggested. So do you think my action will make the situation worse as it also includes N?

Y

Yezit

I thought ypu where referring to the yellow bottom leaves .....
Tip burn generally means you are on the ragged edge of burning them . Back off the nutes like @Seamaiden said .
Cheers

What I dont understand is If bottom leaves are yellowing because the plant pulls nitrogen out of them, then I should add N, however there is a tip burn because of overfert. So what is the best way to help such plants? Stop giving any kind of nutes till harvest or for a week or two?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just gave call mag (4-0-0) at half rate as someone in another forum suggested. So do you think my action will make the situation worse as it also includes N?
If it's CaNO3, then you'll need to back off the other forms of N here. I go through quite a few threads, are you growing in coir, or soil, or soilless, or what? If you're growing in soil you usually don't need to b too concerned with Ca, let alone Mg, as there's usually a sufficient supply.

If you're growing in some other media that's soilless, then I suggest getting a Ca-only product and using Epsom salt for the Mg. Then when you feed, alternate Ca and Mg, making sure that you're feeding at least 4x more Ca than Mg.

I hope that makes sense!
What I dont understand is If bottom leaves are yellowing because the plant pulls nitrogen out of them, then I should add N, however there is a tip burn because of overfert. So what is the best way to help such plants? Stop giving any kind of nutes till harvest or for a week or two?
Show us more better pix of the lowers, we'll be able to tell you for sure. In my experience N- doesn't yellow out that way, leaving the veins green. Usually N- yellows everything out, then the leaf drops.

Right now I say that unless whatever that is on the lowers progresses, leave it alone and don't think about it. It's just a few leaves and the plants otherwise look REALLY really good.

organix4207

organix4207

The closer I looked at your photos the more it looks like it could be just the first set of lower leaves that look yellowed. This is quite normal as the plant matures. I think @Seamaiden is right , overall your plants look very healthy. Adjust your nutrient equation to accommodate the extra nitrogen you are now getting from the calmag product. You are doing what you should be by reading your plant. Keep an eye on the slight tip burn and if it doesn't get worse I'd not loose any sleep.
Check out the tip burn on my Bros medical grow . He grows nothing but fire and likes to see a slight tip burn.
Not my method but hey to each their own

FB IMG 1454354251941
FB IMG 1454354246321
FB IMG 1448927978672
Y

Yezit

Thanks for your kind help! There are still yellow tips but plants are producing white hairs well:) I cut giving nutes, just giving plain water. Today I realized orange hairs are popping out of calyxes, but not like white hairs turning to orange, an orange hair is growing from the stem. She is only 14 days into flowering. Is it normal or something wrong? Some people say early orange hairs are signs of high heat problem although I am pretty sure my temp doesnt go above 28. What do you think?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's way too early to just cut fertilizer right now. If the brown pistils are just the little presexy ones on the stalks, I wouldn't worry too much about it. That said, a few things can cause browning of pistils, including pollination, foliar applications of certain products, high heat and pests.

organix4207

organix4207

I had an infestation of fungus gnats that where causing a similar problem with one of my flowering girls. I have since treated with BTI and am gnat free now !!

G gnome

G gnome

I wud like to see 1 single documented case of tmv.....it aint tmv. Pix in nkrmal light wud really help

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You're being very specific to tobacco mosaic virus. Let go of that. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom