Yellowing leaves and purple tips and edges please help!

• Thread starter Oldmateslim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Ok guys im having an issue ive never encountered in all my years of indoor growing cannabis and was wondering if someone can help.

I am running 2 flowering rooms with some indica dom green crack and for 3 generations of clones all has been well, aside from its trash performance in veg compared to most (it makes up for it in flower so this has been negligible till now)

My current run of clones are just not performing at all, yellow leaves and purple outlines, purple woody stems, purple tips etc.

I have had super cold and dry conditions so ive had to put my lights on 24/7 usually run 1 led but im now using 2 vipar 300s about 26" away so i dont hurt the small plants additionally I have added a seedling tray of water to the ground and daily soaking a towel and hanging it up in there is giving me a persistent source of humidity and its been between 23c and 28c and around 50% humidity for a few days. (Not ideal but ive vegged in worse before)

I have a white widow seedling in there and that was negatively affected by the cold too but now that its all been somewhat ammended its the only plant thriving!

I thought after a couple days of warmth id flush them all with phd water to start again with feeds as they were looking better, the next day I fed a 1ec mix of a+b and seasol and that overwatered them a bit but within 12 hours the ww had bounced back and growing with vigor while the gc just keeps getting worse!

Can genetics fuck out over time? I don't wanna scrap the gc yet but if i can't pull these girls through to flower im fucked and will have to run all ww next run which will be significantly delayed or buy new seeds that im familiar with or pop the 2 gc seeds i still have.

Can someone help? Pics below

WhatsApp
Email
Link

Yellowing leaves and purple tips and edges please help
Yellowing leaves and purple tips and edges please help 2
Yellowing leaves and purple tips and edges please help 3
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Your deliberately over stressing your plants by running 24/7, if your going to do a proper grow plant everything at once that way you won't have small plants, plants, big plants, seedlings ect, are your lights to close or to far? Check the ph on the plants giveing you problems , are you feeding? It may just be all your plants are at different height from light.

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Running 24 hours because I have no way to heat the space so i lifted my lights also, i hate 24 hour light cycles in veg to me its pointless but I figured the cold would cause more harm as outside temps hitting 0 and getting up to 14 max day time. Im getting an oil heater tonight and changing it back to 18/6

Not sure what you mean about "doing a proper grow"? Ive been running a perpetual cycle for close to 8 years and take all clones at the same time and timing my seed planting so they match the size of clones usually goes as planned, all plants are tge same height and age just 4 of one strain are not doing well hence the post, this strain just has always been super finnicky in veg and this is the first run I've done of it in winter and only the 3rd run ive done on leds and in this location so im just trying to get an idea of whats happening.

I was feeding super lightly before this cold snap and maybe 3 days ago flushed with phd water then fed an ec of 1 with seaweed extract and nutrifield coco a+b to eliminate if its nutrient lockout and under feeding, they bounced back to what they were doing within 12 hours.

The gc is still lime green/yellow with purple tips and doesn't seem to be getting better or worse, growing slowly but leaves curling down and the other symptoms.

I have not vegged with these leds before so ive raised them again and turned one off now the weather is getting a bit warmer this week. As a seedling this gc handled alot of light and in flower feeds well and loves max light.

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Thanks for the reply by the way, im planning to switch it all back to my "normal" veg timing and setup and just wait for coco to dry out a bit to eliminate overwatering and hopefully they bounce back! I guess the white widow is just a bit of a stronger plant genetically.

Really wish I hadnt scrapped my purple afgan kush strain, it was too smelly even with carbon filters, id trade smelly reliable strain for dead one any day lol

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Well turns out im an idiot, cold snap caused issues so after that I was scared to spray my normal epsom salt foliar mix and started flushing with phd water then reaaallllly light feeds every time the soil lightened up, pretty much starved em out trying to chase the dragon. Started on the spray and regular feed schedule and they are bouncing back, moral of the story is not to care too much until they are in bloom šŸ˜‚ stick to my normal feed routine and trust myself a bit more and avoid cold snaps šŸ˜‰

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Its still cold and they arent really drinking but they need that constant fresh h2o and nutes to be happy

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes cold damp roots cause what we are seeing. Phosphorus is affected.

Heat up those pots.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
A seedling Mat, or heated blanket on the bottom of the tent. This will retain the pot temps and avoid the issues, what you have is a a phos lockout due to wet and cold situation. Those leds Iā€™ve used for veg, they are perfect around 18ā€ and they do put out enough heat to maintain a comfortable temp. And to genetics, Ive found that about 5 clone cycles I start seeing mutant traits hence why I start a new mother about every 2 years.

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

I actually put a heat mat under them too so maybe thats what did it! I had the whole room sitting at around 25 so its probably the temp of my feeds ill have to keep an eye on aswell. Thanks again for your reply

Latest posts

Top Bottom