Yellowing leaves in veg help please

• Thread starter SHiNi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SHiNi

SHiNi

Hey guys hope all is good on your side.
So I got 2 clones first time growing from clones when I got them they were healthy then I messed it up bad. First time trying silicon (Si).
So I got the Clones up potted them into 20l and 15 l pots with Orgasoilux ( Supersoil ) I forgot it's super soil and still gave them 2ml biobizz fish mix , 2ml Searock, 1ml silicon and 1ml Biodyne environoc in a 1Litre of dechlorinated water.
That's when things started going sideways after researching for sometimes I found that silicon raises ph heavily so I flushed the soil and gave only water for a week new growth started all healthy but then I got a potassium deficiency ( holding my head ) then I started feeding 4ml Biobizz fish mix in 20l water giving 10l water each.
Everything started to look normal again deficiency stopped went away for the weekend came back yesterday to plants looking this again what can be the problem please should I ditch the grow ? Growing outdoors and we on 14 hours sun a day by middle next month we will be going into flower and don't wanna go into flower with a deficiency any advise is welcome

SHiNi

SHiNi

Compress 20240117 203000 0514
Compress 20240117 202959 9745
Compress 20240117 202959 9081
Compress 20240117 202956 6819
Compress 20240117 202957 7590
Compress 20240117 202958 8346
Compress 20240117 202956 6021
Compress 20240117 202954 4279
Compress 20240117 202953 3477

Compress 20240117 202955 5199
0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Im no expert at all but i use these sites to determine...

Think you will find your symptoms on one of these sites.

Good luck !

SHiNi

SHiNi

Thanks bro those sites and pics confirm its potassium can I give a feeding of Biobizz Bloom?to fix or what would you advise ? They are due for watering tommrow morning

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Keep in mind that to much N will lead to less P uptake of the plant. Balance is crucial here.
I dont want to give you any advice because i am not sure about your symptoms.
I would try a foliar spray with 50% of dosage and feed normal water and look how the plant reacts. I also would do more research about P deficencies.

Dutch Passion says:
How to treat it
Some growers like to flush their grow medium to ensure they are not dealing with other issues, such as overfeeding which can interfere with Potassium uptake. Chicken manure as a top dressing to your grow medium can help, as can a Potassium rich nutrient feed or foliar feed. Organic seaweed is particularly useful as a foliar feed.

Good luck!

SHiNi

SHiNi

Keep in mind that to much N will lead to less P uptake of the plant. Balance is crucial here.
I would try a foliar spray with 50% of dosage and feed normal water and look how the plant reacts. I also would do more research about P deficencies.

Dutch Passion says:
How to treat it
Some growers like to flush their grow medium to ensure they are not dealing with other issues, such as overfeeding which can interfere with Potassium uptake. Chicken manure as a top dressing to your grow medium can help, as can a Potassium rich nutrient feed or foliar feed. Organic seaweed is particularly useful as a foliar feed.

Good luck!
Thanks bro I will give water only and what should I give foliar ? I have Biobizz Fish Mix and Bloom
I appreciate it 🙏
This is my first time trying bottled nutes and will be my last aswell.

SHiNi

SHiNi

If they are in supersoil, you could probably just give them plain water until it's time to transplant into bigger pots, right?
I did transplant them into 20l and 15l pots when I got them initially and thanks I will do that. Will give water only and give feedback how they react

SHiNi

SHiNi

I thought that maybe with the flush in the beginning I washed all the nutes out but forgot I grew a healthy plant on the same soil with just water and unsulpherd blackstrapp molasses.

SHiNi

SHiNi

Dutch Passion says:
How to treat it

Good luck!
Bro I read your comment again and that is probably the case like you said too much N thanks a million bro I will keep you posted on the progress 🙏🙏🙏🙏

SHiNi

SHiNi

Hey guys just an update it is worsening but only blunicorn is showing it I'm at a loss now have only been giving water only and it doesn't seem to help.its spreading to new growth aswell I would rather lose the Super cheese then the blunicorn she smells already and not in flower yet. I did some reading and came across this read.

Which is making me believe that due to my silicon (Si) supplements caused a ph imbalance that I was fighting in the beginning and got it right didn't know silicon increases ph and relocates K from the roots to the shoots and supplementing with Si whole time delayed the deficiency and now that I'm not supplementing it's worsening because Si is not relocating K to the shoots from the roots.
If anyone has a way forward for me I'm all ears please 🙏
@GNick55 Any suggestions brother or should i cut my losses ?

Compress 20240122 172305 5095
Compress 20240122 172304 4594
Compress 20240122 172304 4082
Compress 20240122 172303 3565

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Alot of people grow without using Si supplements, so I'm not too sure about that theory.

What is the irrigation schedule? Amount of water, times per week, etc.? And even type of water?

What's the temperature mid day and RH?

SHiNi

SHiNi

Alot of people grow without using Si supplements, so I'm not too sure about that theory.

What is the irrigation schedule? Amount of water, times per week, etc.? And even type of water?

What's the temperature mid day and RH?
Previous grows I didn't use it wanted to see if there is gonna be any difference in stem thickness and plant health I regret it deeply.

We had a heat wave recently so I changed up the irrigation I use to give 2 litres each every 3 to 4 days depending on moisture levels of the soil. The airpot dries out alot quicker then the other 1 . I use to feed 4ml biobizz fish mix every second watering I'm 2Litres of dechlorinated water. Once a every 2 weeks I would supplement with Biodyne environoc some molasses and Silicon. Searock i gave 2ml in 2l of water once a month.

Our weather has been weird last 2 weeks we had a heatwave with temps between 32C - 37C then we will have a windy week like this week then next week probably hot again. Humidity wise I don't know. Any other info you need il gladly provide.

Top Bottom