Yellowing leaves in veg using coco

• Thread starter Streetdreams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I would transplant if it’s been in that pot for a bit before flower. Let it recover then flip.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Looks like magnesium and some other issues. How old are the plants? Temp/humidity?

Streetdreams

Streetdreams

Temperature is around 78 ish humidity 50-60 plants we are about to flip to flower

this picture is from 2 weeks ago

7419BB4E 0169 442B A92E 890721ADFFC3
D81D4476 6524 4514 8AB4 4EE1794FD9D3
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

It’s in 3 gallon pot we feed daily
But how long has it been in that 3 gallon pot? They look way to bad right now. Let’s figure out the issue then flip. If you do it now without fixing the problem it could be very disappointing later. They look really hungry to me. All of em.

Streetdreams

Streetdreams

We were water every other day I think that may have been part of the issue. We are switching to daily

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Let’s see an updated photo. I would transplant before flower if it’s been that long. Transplanting before flower is always best.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

How to Fix a Magnesium Deficiency in Soil?​

Although magnesium deficiency is most common with soilless growers, there are times when soil-bound growers become susceptible to this nutrient issue as well. Under certain conditions, an imbalance with other nutrients can lock cannabis out of micronutrient absorption.

Elevated levels of other nutrients, like potassium and calcium, may trigger the nutrient lockout of magnesium. Other environmental influences can also impact nutrient absorption, most critically pH level.

Once you've identified the issue, test the soil for pH, and adjust as needed to fall back within the ideal range of 6.0 to 7.0 pH with a water flush. Once flushed, assess the nutrients you have been using to better understand the magnesium supply.

Epsom salt is the most common way to apply straight-magnesium to your grow, but it must be diluted into water at a 20-25 ppm ratio. Dolomite is a combination of calcium and magnesium, also useful for an immediate correction.

With a market full of cannabis-specific nutrients, catering to all types of substrate and stage of growth, it may be time to refresh your current supply. If you've been mixing nutrients yourself, or adapting non-cannabis varieties, consider a switch to improve magnesium uptake in your cannabis plants.

Source:

Start with the epsom salt. Easiest way to get your plant mag. It looks to me that you plant is locked out though. It’s tough diagnosing because it may be an excess of something as well. This is where it gets tricky. Good luck. Happy grows.
Burnz

*edit
I know you’re in coco but it’s pretty similar to soil, but everything happens faster in coco.

M

McPappaGreens

Using coco house and garden nutrients and cal mag
Having issues with leaves turning yellow on edges
Any advice or trouble shooting
Looks like it could be nutrient lockout couldn't tell ya witch one in my opinion id say your plant is not getting potassium from the yellow leaves and purp stems. If you have fungus gnats that could be an issue causing leaves to yellow rapidly your using Coco coir so it's not the end of the world.
If it were my plant I'd flush really really well if you can take it outside and use a garden hose run it softly on low and just water the piss out of it for 10-15 minutes.
After that id get some sillica to help repair the damage an use only water for a couple weeks untill it's a light green color letting coco dry in between watering of course.
Start adding nutes in quarter strength if it continues to die then it's probably nute lockout an the plant cannot repair itself if it does come back I'd wait to trim anything off it till it looks healthy and juicy green lol good Luck...ps if ya can't take it outside use the bathtub an use cool water about 65 degrees no cooler and really dont want it above 70

dbrzz

dbrzz

Using coco house and garden nutrients and cal mag
Having issues with leaves turning yellow on edges
Any advice or trouble shooting
Your plant is showing classic magnesium deficiency. This can be caused by lockout or incorrectly mixing nutrient solution. To fix the plant…….Use epson salt, 1 teaspoon mixed with 1 gallon of water. Spray this directly on your plant soaking the upper and lower leaf surfaces. The plant will absorb the solution through the leaves.
Now you must stop using the calmag product. Excessive calcium can lockout magnesium in coco coir! I know, same issue last grow.
I suspect your PH of nutes is out of the correct range also. Coco coir works best with nutrient solution adjusted ph to 5.8-6.3 for optimum nutrient availability to the plant.
I suggest you mix your base nutrients first. Then add your epson salts last. 1.0 gram per gallon of nutrient solution. The reason for this is if you add the epson salt ( magnesium) or your calmag product to the water first, the Garden nutrients will bind with mag or calmag product and precipitate out of your solution and form a layer of fine particles on the bottom of your reservoir. This is white or brownish fine powder. If hand watering the powder will build up in the coco coir. Especially if you dont water to runoff of 5-10% of nute solution. Runoff removes salt build up.
Finally you must PH check your nute solution!!! This is always done last as the starting PH is moot. The nutes will change the ph anyway. Final PH is what you want to know. This is critical when growing cannabis. PH of 6.0 is the Golden Standard for successful cannabis bud production!!
I hope this helps you. Just a note all the information I have shared with you is from Ed Rosenthal. I bought his complete Cannabis growing library and it has all the answers you will need to be a successful grower!!
Peace my brother!!😎

Top Bottom