Yellowing leaves with what looks like eggs on the back

• Thread starter JimfromA2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JimfromA2

JimfromA2

I see no spider mites. I have some yellowing leaves down low. I put them under a microscope and could not find any spider mites but some spots look like possible eggs from something. I am getting a new microscope tomorrow. I grew in the winter because I thought there would be less chance of pests.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Cold and a warm attractive environment yeah they can get ya anytime

If you have eggs you 100% have bugs.

Throw a photo up different bugs leave different damage to the eye we might be able to call it without even seeing the bug by the damage it’s left

Normally Yellowing from the bottom indicates a n Deficiency as n is mobile the new growth will pull the n it needs from the older bottom leaves we need to work out if it’s the bugs sucking the life outa it or if you two problems and its not just the bugs doing that damage a pic will really help

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Yellow leaves can be cut off and discarded. If you think there are eggs, get rid of them. Save a few in a zip-lock bag if you need them for your microscope.

I had some bugs eating leaves last week. I just cut off those leaves and put them in the garbage. I don't know what the bugs were. I haven't seen any more. Cutting off leaves can be drastic, but it's a quick and straightforward way to control the spread until we figure out what to do in terms of sprays or whatever.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
They do look like they could be bugs. I'd need a better pic to know for sure.

I've had spider mites a couple times. I freaked out the first time. The last time I found something that got rid of them. They didn't show webbing at first. That seemed to come later, after there were a lot of them. They weren't as dark as whatever is on your leaves. They come in different varieties, though. They like hot and dry conditions, so lowering the temperature and raising the humidity can slow them down. Some said they don't like wind, but I think putting a fan on them just helps them spread.

Good luck with those. It looks like you caught them early. That's good.

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

I cut all the yellow fan leaves off the two plants that had them. I inspected under the leaves with the new scope and I see those specs, but no sign of any mites. I have fans going in the tent, which I know they do not like. I will monitor closely and if I get more yellow leaves from those two plants I will pull them out and run in a separate tent.

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

I inspected every plant. I removed all the yellow leaves. I misted the plants at the bottom and there are no webs. I sprinkled cinnamon on the soil just as a precaution. I found no evidence of mites or anything else. The black specs could be from the soil when I stir it up when top dressing. All the leaves were near the bottom. I did notice that one of the plants appears lighter than the rest. This is the only one I did not transplant that one into a 5g container because it was already in a 4g. Hopefully, this stress from clipping leaves does not cause the plants to herm. Despite this issue, these are the healthiest plants I have grown. Eight more weeks to go, hold on!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom