yellowing leaves

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

First let me appologise for the flood of questions and a thank you for the responses.

I have 2 screens, a 3x4 under a 600/adjust a wing at 16 to 18" from the canopy - alls cool here. The other screen 4x6 is under a 1000 adjw on a mover at about 18 to 22". 18" over the green crack and 22" over the trainwrack. The trainwreck has a lot of yellowing leaves right under the light less so at the edge but still plenty. Hidden foliage is also a darker green. Seemed to become more pronounced after flipping (4 weeks ago). Green crack has yellowing on the older growth - new growth seems ok.
5 gal smart pots, roots organic soil, little bit of subcool's soil mix, Earth Juice complete line.
I'm thinking too much light? Temps at the canopy are kept at 80 + or - a few degrees. Humidity 40 or so.
I suppose I could of burned them when I tried to "adjust" the EJ ph. Bad move. But the yellowing being intensified in the center of the canopy makes me thing light stress. Maybe a combination. I've run out of height but I could use a 750 bulb.

dorjewright

dorjewright

I've decided to try a weak solution of peaceful valley 4-4-4 on 1 girl of each kind to see if there is any positive response compared to the others.

hiboy

hiboy

I dont think you have light burn or such. Most likely an underdosing of nutrients. I dont have much time in dirt, so i'll bump ya up
hiboy

dorjewright

dorjewright

There is a little improvement in color to the ssh and ogk not so much to the tr and gc. Going to bump up my nutes.

M

MMRC Grower

Yeah.... Your soil mix sounds like its depleted of nutrients. Give them girls some food and quick!! Otherwise your not gonna yield nada!!

Some yellow fading is a good thing, but your only on week 4. You should feed em and feed em heavy for the next couple weeks, then easy off and start flushing.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

feed them harder and check your ph of your soil... If it's not underfeeding it's your ph.

jyip

jyip

DJwright, what happened with em? curious cuz i have some in week five in soil as well, which is new to me,,, and i wanted to see if it WAS underfeeding as peeps guessed, or something else, in the lines you thought, as light stress, or bleaching as I call it,,, I have had plants in the past that seemed to suffer from being close to my 1000 k hps, and they passed the hand test, but still were an issue to my grow at that time
right now my light is stationary btw, and is between 14 -20 inches depending on which plant cuz i have 15 of differing sizes

heres my opinion, the sativa strong strains get bleached easier than indica dom plants, the only exception was when i had white widow goin and they loved it,, and green crack is similiar to WW, so i think u gott find what strains like the light better,,, but only if they werent underfeed,,,

dorjewright

dorjewright

DJwright, what happened with em? curious cuz i have some in week five in soil as well, which is new to me,,, and i wanted to see if it WAS underfeeding as peeps guessed, or something else, in the lines you thought, as light stress, or bleaching as I call it,,, I have had plants in the past that seemed to suffer from being close to my 1000 k hps, and they passed the hand test, but still were an issue to my grow at that time
right now my light is stationary btw, and is between 14 -20 inches depending on which plant cuz i have 15 of differing sizes

heres my opinion, the sativa strong strains get bleached easier than indica dom plants, the only exception was when i had white widow goin and they loved it,, and green crack is similiar to WW, so i think u gott find what strains like the light better,,, but only if they werent underfeed,,,

There is not a short answer;but I've got some ideas. My girls were definitely underfeed. Stepped up to full amounts of recommended EJ each watering. Yellowing persisted (probably irreversible anyway) but I've got a very good crop anyway. I did run across a thread on rollitup or grasscitty "Uncle Bens plant stress thread". One stress being spraying with neem oil and a surfacant and the leaves turned various shades of yellow. UB though probably from the surfacant (+ light). That's my best guess since it happened right after my spraying, think I also may have had the lights on too - but can't remember for ssure.
Bleaching from light - TR leaves stayed greener where they were shaded and the green crack greener at the edges where light is less intense. Maybe there is some connection between underfeeding and light.
I position my lights so the coolest area is at least 5500 ftc and the highest is 7 or 8k, about 18" ( on a mover) for the 1000w light and 12 to 14 for the 600w.
Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom