Yellowing Leaves

• Thread starter BriennaRane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BriennaRane

My plants are 2 weeks into flower right now. I am growing Nirvana's Ice Strain (4 plants) and one mystery strain plant. The strain I am unaware of, has no problems and look great. My problem is the Ice plants. All 4 have yellowing of the new growth. Some from inner to outer and some from outer to inner. It started as soon as I went into flower. I noticed the strain that isn't affected is budding more and continuing to bud and buds are getting bigger. Ice, is not. They are at a stand still. I am aware that there is some heat stress, but I don't think that is the only problem. In the photos it's kind of hard to tell exactly how bright the yellowing is, but it's very bright. You can see how dark some leaves are and the brightness of the yellow. Anyone have any ideas of what this may be? I can't find anything.
I am using Advanced Nutrients lineup and dirt is fox farm oceans forest mixed with happy frog
Light is 600w hps
Water at 7.0ph

derkaderk

derkaderk

I would drop your ph maybe a bit to 6.3...sounds like a few different deficiencies at once, but can't be sure with no pics.
What does your runoff ph at?
How often are you feeding?

B

BriennaRane

I will try dropping it. Haven't tested runoff. I feed once every 3 days.
Sorry there is no photo, it won't let me upload one.

derkaderk

derkaderk

Does the soil dry between watering?
Did you flush the soil going into flower?
I think you might be overfeeding them. Do you ever use plain water?

DrFever

DrFever

how old is the soil you are using presently ???? here is a easy rule of thumb if def start at the bottom of a plant its a macro if its starts with new growth or middle to top of plant its micro issues
pending on how long you vegged the soil could be depleted i would make a new bath and up pot it ASAP
yellowing is caused by a few things one thing being Def o N and yes even in flower plants need N
yellowing can also be caused by over watering , ph issues of soil blocking certain elements and so on ...
if your roots are root bound this can also cause yellowing and browning ..
So what i would tart off at is new soil and transplant do not be afraid to give it a shot of Veg n bloom nutes 50 / 50

When i transfer over to flowering stage i slowly decrease veg nutes and raise bloom nutes until its straight bloom nutes which usually goes to end of second and middle of 3rd week of flower people got to realize stretch phase is transformation stage to bloom so in a sense and consists of 70 percent of flowering stage so what happens is N gets depleted to quickly and you have the issues like the thousands of threads plants are yellowing off second / 3rd week of flowering stage

DSCF4374
B

BriennaRane

There's not Just some yellowing, it's the whole leaves. If someone wants to give me their email address I can email photos.

derkaderk

derkaderk

I would try plain water at 6.3 ph for the next few waterings and see if they start to bounce back, then slowly start them on bloom nutes....sounds like you might have been overfeeding, but I can't say definitively.

Did you figure out the picture upload?

B

BriennaRane

I will try that.
No can't figure it out, keeps saying error

B

BriennaRane

My plants are 2 weeks into flower right now. I am growing Nirvana's Ice Strain (4 plants) and one mystery strain plant. The strain I am unaware of, has no problems and look great. My problem is the Ice plants. All 4 have yellowing of the new growth. Some from inner to outer and some from outer to inner. It started as soon as I went into flower. I noticed the strain that isn't affected is budding more and continuing to bud and buds are getting bigger. Ice, is not. They are at a stand still. I am aware that there is some heat stress, but I don't think that is the only problem. In the photos it's kind of hard to tell exactly how bright the yellowing is, but it's very bright. You can see how dark some leaves are and the brightness of the yellow. Anyone have any ideas of what this may be? I can't find anything.
I am using Advanced Nutrients lineup and dirt is fox farm oceans forest mixed with happy frog
Light is 600w hps
Water at 7.0ph

derkaderk

derkaderk

Those look light bleached, and hungry for phosphorus.

What are you using for lighting, and how close is the fixture to the top of the plants?

B

BriennaRane

Using a 600 w hps and it's about a foot above tops of plants. Like all flower is halted... Nothing progressing. Just at a standstill

derkaderk

derkaderk

HPS Light Distance Chart
That is too close...I would allow for. At least 18-22 inches above the canopy.

How is your ventilation/air movement?

Latest posts

Top Bottom