Yellowing of leaves

• Thread starter hooot4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hooot4

hooot4

Greetings,

I’m a first-time grower dealing with multiple issues which I have tried to fix on my own. I’m not sure if I have overcompensated on something that is causing the leaves of my plants to turn yellow. I was dealing with gnats and earwigs from the get go, so I have used neem oil that I though was causing the leaves to burn in the sun (even though I was spraying at night time). I have stopped neem oil for almost a week now, and the plants are not getting any better. Where I live, I’m dealing with a heat wave, so I have tried to keep the plants in the shade, but it hasn’t helped. I was spraying using potassium silicate and seaweed extract with the neem oil every other day, but as I said earlier, I have not sprayed in a week, so the spray doesn’t seem to have been the root of the problem. I have had problems with my ph meter, but I have replaced it with a new one, so my issues could have been due to ph during the last 2 watering (which I try to keep between 6.2 & 6.3). I am currently in 5 gallon pots outdoor and planning to move the plants to 30 gallon pots as soon as I fix my issue. I am using nature's pride veg for top feeding every week when I water the plants. During watering, I’m also adding the potassium silicate. I have included images of the 5 plants in the current state. I appreciate any recommendations to troubleshoot my issue. Thanks in advance.

All plants
threatco

threatco

Hello. I feel for you. The first time grow struggles are real. But honestly at least they are alive and the top new growth looks promising.

I am no expert at all. But my first assumption would be likely overdid the nutrients and now we are seeing burn plus lockout of other nutrients.

You may want to get a ppm meter. They are very cheap, work like the ph meter. Easy way to know for sure is just collect a little runoff to test after waterings.

For what to do from here, I will leave that to folks with more dirt under their nails than I.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom