Yellowing Question

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I've 2 bubba ks and 2 Granddaddy Purples. They are at 5 to 6 weeks. 1 of each has been steadly yellowing. I know this can be normal. But could yellowing be brought on by an excess of P&K relative to N? I use earth juice bloom and grow at 1 to 1 (plus catalyst,meta k, microblast,Hi Brix.) until flower then step up the bloom considerably over the flowering period keeping everything else at constant ratios. I've been reluctant to increase the grow at the same time but am thinking maybe that was a mistake for these 2 girls.

T

The Wiz

I just posted a very similar question to yours, except I had a few other problems I was facing in addition to the pale yellow color of nearly all the leaves on my plant (I think we figured out the white spots were mildew).

Anyways, as for the yellowing of the leaves, it is natural for this to happen as you approach the last month or so of flowering. You can give in and increase the does of N a little bit, but overfeeding N during flower can negatively affect taste and potency from my understanding.

If it is just the older leaves or younger leaves turning yellow and not the whole plant (except the buds and newest growth obviously, these should always be green), then you could be looking at other deficiencies possibly. Try to upload a picture so these guys can diagnose your situation better.

There's my 2 cents, hope it helped relax your concerns a bit.

-The Wiz

Top Bottom