Yellowing spreading from inside outward and on tips

• Thread starter Huntress85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Huntress85

Huntress85

I have 4 plants growing, 3 Cali OG Kush X Haze and 1 Cherry Pie. The cherry pie always seems to have some sort of issue. My plants are all in 50% Peat and 50% Vermiculite with a little Dolomite Lime and Gypsum. Pics attatched.
Yellowing spreading from inside outward and on tips
Yellowing spreading from inside outward and on tips 2
Yellowing spreading from inside outward and on tips 3

Huntress85

Huntress85

How often do you water / feed? Do you let the pot dry out before adding more fluid?
I am watering about every 4-5 days. They are in 7 gallon pots. I judge by weight when they need watering. Would they be deficient in something? I am using the full Remo Nutrient line up.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I am watering about every 4-5 days. They are in 7 gallon pots. I judge by weight when they need watering. Would they be deficient in something? I am using the full Remo Nutrient line up.
I find it hard to gauge in pots that big, I like 3 gallon unless I veg over 2 months then I go to 5 gallon. I have some 6 ft monsters ( for indoor) growing now in 5 gal. It throws my water / feed cycle off. 3 gallon at 78f it drys in 3-4 days ... in 5 gallon it take 5-6 days..meaning I only get to feed them once every 10 -11 days rather than once a week in 3 gallon.

They look really stretched out ( sativa? ) for plants in veg. Mine under t5 fluorescent stay shorter, I never see that stretching out. I'm not the guy for diagnostics but maybe some else can pipe up to help you there.

Huntress85

Huntress85

wow....never seen before a mix like that....its seems waaay too much water retention!!!no oxygen!!
I think the plant looks fine.....ish....would probably enjoy more frequent dry cycles, allowing better nutrient absobcion!! no nutrients issue imo!
good luck!!
I will let them dry out longer and see if they improve. Thanks for the tip!

mancorn

mancorn

What kind of lights? I have similar coloring with my LEDs. I don’t have any temp or humidity control (as I grow outdoors and just do some early starts indoor) and have temps down in the low 60s at night. Seems to me I notice the lime green more at the end of the light period and they look better in the morning. I’m thinking it may be more of a temperature or light issue as opposed to nutrients.

0627A0B2 E193 46AC A20B 77CAEF55816C

Huntress85

Huntress85

What kind of lights? I have similar coloring with my LEDs. I don’t have any temp or humidity control (as I grow outdoors and just do some early starts indoor) and have temps down in the low 60s at night. Seems to me I notice the lime green more at the end of the light period and they look better in the morning. I’m thinking it may be more of a temperature or light issue as opposed to nutrients.

View attachment 1108003
I have 2 MARS SP3000 light bars in the tent. They are set to the minimum intensity. I initially had the light set at 75 and they were all wilted and pale green. They have been so much better with less intense light.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

wow....never seen before a mix like that....its seems waaay too much water retention!!!no oxygen!!
I think the plant looks fine.....ish....would probably enjoy more frequent dry cycles, allowing better nutrient absobcion!! no nutrients issue imo!
good luck!!

actually that is the same mix the cannabis lab at the university of Utah uses. The vermiculite adds silica.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Whats the temperature like in there lights on and off? Cold roots will cause purpling but It can also be genetic.
In General, im with MiMed on this, just back off the feed. But that soil mix could also probably use a surfactant, most peat straight out of the bag holds far too much water and doesn't drain very well, even when amended with vermiculite or perlite. That's why brands like promix add it in their mixes.

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The lighter colored tops might indicate nothing, or indicate your pH is a little high. I'd check it.

Plants don't develop chlorophyll in a plant part until it is hit by light. So a rapidly growing plant can sometimes have lighter colored tips, especially at the beginning of your day period. But it could also indicate an immobile nutrient is deficient, and those nutrients are made much less available with a high pH (like 7).

Huntress85

Huntress85

Thanks everyone for commenting! The plants look amazing just letting them dry out a little more, they actually haven't looked this good ever! We're going to back off the nutrients a little and see how they do with that as well as let them dry before we water again. Now the issue is going to be fitting these things in this tent in the coming weeks!!!! Now the question becomes, how long should I flower these plants for? I think tent space is going to become the issue.
20210403 083048

Huntress85

Huntress85

between 6 and 7
temps are averaging around 19-21 deg C during night cycle. around 23-26 deg C during the day. EC at runoff have been around 1.4 to 1.8 .PH of the water has been 5.8 to 6.2 PH with nutrients. The water that we feed with is usually bubbled for a couple of days to try and remove the chloramine.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

temps are averaging around 19-21 deg C during night cycle. around 23-26 deg C during the day. EC at runoff have been around 1.4 to 1.8 .PH of the water has been 5.8 to 6.2 PH with nutrients. The water that we feed with is usually bubbled for a couple of days to try and remove the chloramine.
If your using water with Chloramines that done evaporate almost at all you can garuntee that those microbes are gone. Lol
I have water that uses free chlorine and my city said that you can’t really evaporate it out.

Top Bottom