Yellowing tips!

• Thread starter Waxwingz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

oic, when he said extra nutes I assumed he was adding some newts just not extra🤦‍♂️ LOL regardless He/she needs to do a slurry test, also the red circles imo show over watering so it could be an early root issue, either way he's got to start getting run off, and watering using a proper wet/dry cycle

@Aqua Man, Instead of soil have you considered promix?
Love promix bro, I have limited use with it but man was it easy and nice. The issue is I already have the sunshine 4 because it's what I could get fresh and pick up myself at the time. There was no promix that wasn't last year's stock in the city at the time or I would absolutely have got the promix.

I agree with you. You can never have to much information on your soil, grow etc. It's also import so you can have something to gauge it by later on

Anthem

Anthem

oic, when he said extra nutes I assumed he was adding some newts just not extra🤦‍♂️ LOL regardless He/she needs to do a slurry test, also the red circles imo show over watering so it could be an early root issue, either way he's got to start getting run off, and watering using a proper wet/dry cycle

@Aqua Man, Instead of soil have you considered promix?

Do you believe there is an advantage over Coco?

Waxwingz

Waxwingz

Thanks everyone for the input. I’ve taken steps using everyone’s advice. Increased air flow, Added spacers under the pots, and holding off on watering. Just trying to get the hang of this process. I haven’t watered in 3 days, and the last few times just small amounts with no run off. I know its wiser to “ water more, less often” so I need to water enough to see how much run off? My pots are roughly 3 gallon. Running fox farms OF, no nutrients added yet, with rain water.

ive added today’s pics, thanks again everyone!

1743AA9E 10EC 4ACE B4AB 06037F5D9917
BDD7045C 690E 4A54 82AB 4882E76E15E0
Anthem

Anthem

Aqua Man I am glad you are back on the site. While just like week I was like what happened to that guy. You give solid advise.
I have been a soil guy until about 6 weeks ago. I switched to Coco and I cannot believe the differences. Like night and day. Growth is over the top, going to have to see about overall quality. The one thing that blows me away is how fast an issue can develop with Coco, which is basically like hydro from what I understand and how many people are just going with coco with no experience.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks everyone for the input. I’ve taken steps using everyone’s advice. Increased air flow, Added spacers under the pots, and holding off on watering. Just trying to get the hang of this process. I haven’t watered in 3 days, and the last few times just small amounts with no run off. I know its wiser to “ water more, less often” so I need to water enough to see how much run off? My pots are roughly 3 gallon. Running fox farms OF, no nutrients added yet, with rain water.

ive added today’s pics, thanks again everyone!
Tbh you won't need runoff until you start feeding nutrients. The purpose is to flush out the old nutrients to ensure your nutrient ratios stay balanced.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man I am glad you are back on the site. While just like week I was like what happened to that guy. You give solid advise.
I have been a soil guy until about 6 weeks ago. I switched to Coco and I cannot believe the differences. Like night and day. Growth is over the top, going to have to see about overall quality. The one thing that blows me away is how fast an issue can develop with Coco, which is basically like hydro from what I understand and how many people are just going with coco with no experience.
Yep I haven't done it but it feel a lot more familiar to me than dirt. If ya have the time or automation it's right up there with hydro both are a lot of work when compared to soil but they do imo way out perform soil.

Thanks for the kind words bro

Anthem

Anthem

Yep I haven't done it but it feel a lot more familiar to me than dirt. If ya have the time or automation it's right up there with hydro both are a lot of work when compared to soil but they do imo way out perform soil.

Thanks for the kind words bro
I remember your thread about watering multiple times a day and I have not been doing that as of yet. I am 12 days into flower and watering once a day is still working. Coco is still moist the following day. I have an automated system in the works. Got the tanks and the bulkheads. Depot is proud of the bulkheads 15 bucks for a 3/4". Which will be fine because the water draw will be low. I have to pick up the floroflex emitters and tubing and basically just build the system. I had a pump form an DWC grow that I never did and I have a couple good timers to automate. Man is sure would be nice to just pour water in the tank rather than hand feeding every plant.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I remember your thread about watering multiple times a day and I have not been doing that as of yet. I am 12 days into flower and watering once a day is still working. Coco is still moist the following day. I have an automated system in the works. Got the tanks and the bulkheads. Depot is proud of the bulkheads 15 bucks for a 3/4". Which will be fine because the water draw will be low. I have to pick up the floroflex emitters and tubing and basically just build the system. I had a pump form an DWC grow that I never did and I have a couple good timers to automate. Man is sure would be nice to just pour water in the tank rather than hand feeding every plant.
Yeah that's why in some cases dirt can be better. Imo the more often ya feed the better. That way you make sure the CEC doesn't hurt ya late in flower with a lockout. Also imo the more often ya feed the faster the growth rates will be

Madmax

Madmax

Hmm.i got some yellowing on my girls leaf tips at day 17 in flower.noticed it 3 days ago.feeding canna classic veg nutes .additives professors nutrients go roots.canna boost.cali magic used sparingly..go roots with added humic is added near every feed..ppm 560 ph ing between 5.8 to 6.0..ppm of 1 i checked is 270ppm ..waay under .so its not because of buildup..room temp when extraction fan co mm es on is 27.0 deg c..humidity between 50-65% max .dunno lst..light ..lumatek zeus pro 600 w ..light distance is 20 inches..theres 2 other older plants different strains not showing it.there ppm is 570 and 5.8 to 6.0...started when using canna boost but im using it qtr strength ..i will put some pics up later in 2 1/2 hrs or so ..

Madmax

Madmax

Other than the yellowing and stretch they look reasonably healthy lux front middle is 40 ,either side 34-38 lux ..lst was 23.7.i should of taken lst before exhaust fan extracted the warm air.but i dont b think the lights got anything to do with it.before it started i was feeding 520ppm jumped up to 560 and gavevthem canna boost.under half strength.ive just changed to flower nutes and backed it to 520 and put the light up more..

Madmax

Madmax

Im starting to think ive actually done something wrong mixing as today the tips are burnt.maybe ive doubled up on A and never given them b or something lol..lets see if it stops with the new growth...

Latest posts

Top Bottom