Yelowing and red syem, anyone know why

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Video below of a sick plant any ideas what causing it?

I have 8 plants I flower
5.5 weeks today
Last week or so hairs have been turning a little red
And
One plant had been getting really bad loads of red hairs and stems are turning red in the one plant really bad

Canna nutrients full line
Was on 2.0 E.c
That's tap water 0.2e.c I add calmag till my water reads 0.4
Then add canna nutrients

I mini flushes for 2 days and the 1 sick plant got worst

So today bumping it back up to 2.0e.c

I have 4 x 150 led q boards over them at 50cm away

Ph 007

Ph 007

Update

I just tested and calibrated my ph wond
And it was not out.
But
I then measured all the auto pot trays the plants sit in the water on all plants read ph 6.3-6.4 could this be my problem? I'm still under 6.5 So i wonder ?

Observationist

Observationist

Might wanna bring temps down in flower

6.5 might be a little high for hydro

my 2 cents

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

are the other plants the same genetic and pheno? If it’s the same pheno I doubt it’s your feeding or environment in general. The plant itself isn’t uptaking nutrients for whatever reason. To me it looks like there is an issue with the roots of that plant for whatever reason. Is this an auto pot system? It wouldn’t hurt to pull the pot out and look at the roots if there not white then they could have a disease. You can treat your rootzone for mildew and if your careful you can shake up the rootball and let the medium dry out if it’s just soaked and moldy with brown roots. If you use some azomite after looking at the roots it should the plant bounce back from any shock. Your a little late in flower to be stressin the plants out but it doesn’t look like that plants gonna get any better

Last edited:
Ph 007

Ph 007

Sorry forgot to say

Yes auto pot and coco 2"perlite at bottom of the pots for drainage

I did think maybe led to bright but the dimmed down from 240w to 150w and 50-55cm say from the plants
^
The been on this seeking l way through no problems since last 2 week's,

And led need higher temps then hps 80-82 they need apparently and a humidity 50-60%

Water temps are good 68-70f

on 1.4 e.c now and i corrected ph to 5.8-6.0

They are all the same strain pineapple chunk

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

I had a friend who ran these auto pot systems and he had a problem with the roots growing down into the actual feeding float. Idk if your having feeding issue specific to that (auto pot) (roots clogging it up). I can tell you 100% it’s not your VPD or your lights if there all the same kind. The other ones look healthy and way different then this plant. That plant specifically is infected or has something wrong with it and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something with the roots. You use Pearl light at the bottom of your pots? Or you use those grow stones like the attached picture for aeration? I think your supposed to use grow stones. Pearl light might actually differently and hold and soak up water creating a mold environment.

062BB171 C999 429C A16B E286F1104839
Ph 007

Ph 007

I had a friend who ran these auto pot systems and he had a problem with the roots growing down into the actual feeding float. Idk if your having feeding issue specific to that (auto pot) (roots clogging it up). I can tell you 100% it’s not your VPD or your lights if there all the same kind. The other ones look healthy and way different then this plant. That plant specifically is infected or has something wrong with it and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something with the roots. You use Pearl light at the bottom of your pots? Or you use those grow stones like the attached picture for aeration? I think your supposed to use grow stones. Pearl light might actually differently and hold and soak up water creating a mold environment.
Perlite I'm using iv always done it this way, and often do get roots in by my float and they always do just fine, I have always known tho that perlite absorbs water very well and after wonder if it is not the best way to do it, u was tough by a friend years ago to do it,

Ill try clay or blew next time I think
Could be root rot maybe and uptake sucks everything else seems spot on that i can tell

Ph 007

Ph 007

I'm gonna disconnect the auto put tomorrow and hand water bottom feed till harvest that's about 3 weeks
Be interesting to see actually u can leave them dry a bit and see how they respond,
I'm going to tuen my water butt off now soon as if posted this :)

And see how they look to tomorrow afternoon after they suck the trays dry and bit more dry

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

Perlite I'm using iv always done it this way, and often do get roots in by my float and they always do just fine, I have always known tho that perlite absorbs water very well and after wonder if it is not the best way to do it, u was tough by a friend years ago to do it,

Ill try clay or blew next time I think
Could be root rot maybe and uptake sucks everything else seems spot on that i can tell
Agreed and ya my buddy did the same thing but he definatly used grow stones. If your pealite is just constantly sitting in a soaked environment like those auto pots are with the float then there could defiantly be some root rot causing this.

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

I'm gonna disconnect the auto put tomorrow and hand water bottom feed till harvest that's about 3 weeks
Be interesting to see actually u can leave them dry a bit and see how they respond,
I'm going to tuen my water butt off now soon as if posted this :)

And see how they look to tomorrow afternoon after they suck the trays dry and bit more dry
That should help a lot.

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

This sounds worth it. IMO those auto pots are more trouble then there worth. Do some research but there is some things you can use to do a soil treatment on your plants. The plants don’t like it but it’s better then the root rot

Ph 007

Ph 007

I did try drain to wast for a while bet was getting more problems with that system and a lot if wast it is,
I tried watering once a day twice a day 4 times a day , just didn't work for me might give it a bash next run
I had 20 litre lots coco fabric pots drain to wast

Ph 007

Ph 007

Well i turned my water auto feed off last night, and now today
All plabts have nearly drunk the tray dry not quite yet
But
The that 1 sick plant had drunk the tray dry, I had a look at the top of the coco on that plant it looked a tad salty to me anyway I top fed that one 2 litres and measured run off , in was 1.4e.c ph 5.8
Out was 1.1 E.c and ph 6.2

They where on 2.0e.c got ages then when that 1 got sick I mini flushes or 2 days at 1.0 then went to 1.4,
It's crazy because 2.0 is pretty dam hight I though

D

Dugplug

Video below of a sick plant any ideas what causing it?

I have 8 plants I flower
5.5 weeks today
Last week or so hairs have been turning a little red
And
One plant had been getting really bad loads of red hairs and stems are turning red in the one plant really bad

Canna nutrients full line
Was on 2.0 E.c
That's tap water 0.2e.c I add calmag till my water reads 0.4
Then add canna nutrients

I mini flushes for 2 days and the 1 sick plant got worst

So today bumping it back up to 2.0e.c

I have 4 x 150 led q boards over them at 50cm away

View attachment 1209574
It has nutrient lockout you have to flush it or it will get worse

growsince79

growsince79

are the other plants the same genetic and pheno? If it’s the same pheno I doubt it’s your feeding or environment in general. The plant itself isn’t uptaking nutrients for whatever reason. To me it looks like there is an issue with the roots of that plant for whatever reason. Is this an auto pot system? It wouldn’t hurt to pull the pot out and look at the roots if there not white then they could have a disease. You can treat your rootzone for mildew and if your careful you can shake up the rootball and let the medium dry out if it’s just soaked and moldy with brown roots. If you use some azomite after looking at the roots it should the plant bounce back from any shock. Your a little late in flower to be stressin the plants out but it doesn’t look like that plants gonna get any better
^^^^THIS^^^^

Top Bottom