yield 2.0 from ht's gear of the year diy idea

• Thread starter ecsd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ecsd

so i saw the yield 2.0[http://www.homegrowdepot.com/store.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=19] in the current issue of high times, i decided to look into it a little. for $575 you get a neo magnet inline w/ your hose. i have an incriminator audio death penalty subwoofer motor (magnet 10.5"dia. iirc)[ w/ about a 3/4 pole piece vent hole, my idea is to run my feed line thru the pole to create the same effect, any thoughts.

right now the motors a paperweight as my attention has shifted to a more rewarding obsession the last few years, so i just havent rebuilt it

Camdawg

Camdawg

I too saw the yeild 2.0 in HT but am still somewhat baffled on what it is. at first i thought it added Oxy to the water(like one of those wine oxygenaters does)

E

ecsd

i read a few university studies, but even then its still all up in the air if the actual process works,
[www.matchrockets.com/water/magwatertreat.html]
link to diy

it says it loosens the bond between the H and the O, who knows i happen to have a big 50lb magnet with a hole in it big enough for my feed line to pass thru, so why not give it a try

lollipopman

lollipopman

is this what your talking about

Magnetic Water Conditioners
Electromagnetic water conditioners are a relatively new invention. The idea is that by passing water through a magnetic field, the calcium and magnesium ion's are altered in such a way that they loose their ability to cause scale.

This has a number of benefits; although the water is not technically soft, it has the useful properties of soft water, that is, it won't cause limescale in your pipes thus increasing heating efficiency and lengthening the lifespan of any clothes washed in the conditioned water.

Calcium is an important dietary element, so the fact that conditioned water still retains its calcium content is an added benefit.

While some people are skeptical this method actually works, we have found one manufacturer who has commisioned a scientific analysis by the University of Bath that concludes that their device does indeed stop the build up of limescale.

if so i have motors coming out my ass, im a bass head through and through

E

ecsd

the yield2.0 claim is that "as plain water passes through the magnetized chamber, the molecules of hydrogen and oxygen transform into looser bonded molecules. a looser moleculemeans that each drip of water will be able to penetrate the leaves more effectively, thereby lowering the amount of water and nutrients needed." Direct quote out of high times.
guarentees 10-30% increase or 100% money back

lollipopman

lollipopman

hmm.. i think ill use my old tc4hp motor,, thanks for posting this

E

ecsd

thats a nice motor to use, you dont have any not as rare to use? ive also have a few others laying around, fi btl, new and old versions, a t3 tsns, 2-team rf's, and a few old school punch powers, hard for a single sub set-up to handle 2 sundown saz3000d's strapped lol

lollipopman

lollipopman

i dont even think a dd z would handle 6k playing music... unless you have constant voltage and put your amps on a Oscilloscope get them perfect, it might just not for long..lol...

E

ecsd

too loud to turn all the way up ridin for long, o scope was used, the t3 took it like a champ, the btl also handled it very well, especially after the upgraded recones from fix my speaker :)

T

Trim Reaper

This theory has been around for quite a while, although I have never tried it.
What do you think about dropping several large magnets into your resv? I have been pondering this for years, and this re-sparked my interest.
Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreiciated :anim_09:

Top Bottom