Yield Change?

• Thread starter DieselDuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I got some clones from a friend, he took them from a plant already in flower. I notice they are more stretchy and the node spacing isnt as close as a seed-vegged plant. Will my yield reduce greatly with getting a clone from a flowered plant. ?

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

And the plant was only sexed. It wasnt flowered out at all. But from clone it showed pistils

MeJuana

MeJuana

Node spacing is the same in my experience from seeds to clones but to answer the more important question, seeds yield more in the same amount of time. If you want to yield the same from a clone you must start vegging a little earlier it takes more time to build the root system thus more time to develop the plant. If you are already running a veg room year round it really doesn't matter you simply need to get on a schedule that meets your demands.

When I sex a plant I just take a cutting, root it and then sex it in a little micro cabinet. I don't sex the whole plant because it takes time to reverse gears back to veg. Also this is a stress on the plant so I would want it to stabilize before putting it into flower again. There is no problem with the pistils on your clone the problem really is stacking stresses on your plant before flowering her out.

Bannacis

Bannacis

It will take time for your clone to revert back to vegging, and it will prolly have some weird leaves. that depends on how long it was in flower. since you say it only sexed with preflowers then you should only get a time delay in its revert.
The plant it was cloned from...? that's the key... how long has it been growing, was it from seed or clone.
A good 6-8 weeks gives it some maturity, the more mature the better end results.
I have taken clones and put them directly into flower to sex them. the best way for that is to have a high humidity around the leaves. I had a fogger and bubbler with a dome over. and left one of the plugs out. It got real humid and I even had new growth and sexing. without roots. then I just put the plug in, take dome off and BAM! roots in a few days.
If you haven't grown this strain out before then you have no yield to compare with, and I'm sure your friends grow set up and style is different from you.
The yield you will get is dependent on your set up.
Get your plant reversed properly, so that you have normal growth. Take clones, have one of those clones be a mother. flower out your original reverted girl. Either way your yield will be good, so as long as your set up is good.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Well since I posted this thread iv asked my close local grow buddies and only 1 of them said almost the same exact thing as you. That tells me to listen to you guys so I'll do that and see what it gives me.

I donno if these clones came from seed or clone. I received it from a good friends father . I believe they are clones from a clone so he was able to keep the genetics alive for future grows. They been alive and in my hands for about a month. They were 2 week old clones when I got them. They had a severe calmag deficiency and now getting that under control

FratAndGreen

FratAndGreen

actually this is referred to as monster cropping my friend. (taking clones from already flowering plants) The plants tend to do some gnarly movements in shape but I have heard that if cared for properly , you may can expect ridiculous yields in the future.

Top Bottom