Yield +/- CO2

• Thread starter bulkybud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bulkybud

For those of you who have grown with and without CO2, I'm wondering how much yield CO2 can be accounted for with all other variables being equal. Now, obviously optimum temperature, nutes and water are usually impacted by the decision to add CO2 to the grow room.

But assume two buddies grew under 600 HPS, same strain, same medium. One was running traditional fan/filter combo and keeping temps between 70-74F. The other in a sealed environment with 1500PPM's CO2 and temps around 80-85F. Would the CO2 increase yields by 10%, 20%, 30% , more?

H

HossCartwright

Try it and find out. Things vary from grow to grow, strain to strain. It's hard to gauge this kind of stuff. Growth is significantly increased using Co2 though. Everyone I know notices the difference when they make the switch. I notice at least a 20% increase in overall visual size and that is low ball. But the best reason to add Co2 is the increased density of the buds. Buds grown using Co2 are much more dense and can weigh 25%+ more than without. Co2 is a good investment.

S

Smokin

BulkyBud... searched for same results/split testing... best found so far was recent post from another thread...

Senior Farmer Rolln J responded

…Quote
the benefits of running with co2 is more then just increased yield (15-20%)

many hybrid strains will actually finish a week earlier with co2, then without it - for my setup that’s 1/2 extra harvest every year (or 2 lbs)

increased growth/vigor

plants enriched with co2 are more heat tolerant

if you come into your room and see spider mites, whiteflys , thrips etc all you have to do is dial up your co2 for an hour and then - whamo - infestation gone - and it is organic. End Quote…

Rolln J then expands offering most detailed/specific co2 application guidelines I've found on the farmer... well worth looking at. Giving credit where credits due is best I can offer..!

J

jointsallday

so if co2 is 1500 and light intensity is about 50 watt/sq ft.,, And temp can be either ,77 or 85,, then which is optimum temp??

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I can tell you with it I get great yields. I have ran it with and without. When I use it I do get bigger fatter buds. Cannot tell you the yield difference though. I can tell you it is worth the money if you have it. It will pay for itself the first harvest.
For example a friend of mine is growing the same strain as me without co2 and my buds are bigger and fatter all around. I average about 1.75 pounds per 1k and she gets around 1.5 pounds.
By adding co2 and having the correct enviroment for your plants will get you better yields by far. It's kinds like comparing which is easier to breathe out of. A smaller straw or a larger straw. Both work but the one with the better flow works best. I'm super ripped now so it makes sense to me.

BluntMazter86

BluntMazter86

Ive heard that vinegar mixed with baking soda can boost your c02 levels. If you had it set up to where the vinegar dripped into a bowl of baking soda about 1 drip/min for the 12 hours of light in a sealed room, would this be enough to see any "real" difference in the yeild. And what neighberhood would the co2 ppm be. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom