Yield Issue

• Thread starter growgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growgrow

Hi guys.. i feel i am underyielding on my girls and i feel i have a pretty bitchin setup, ill break it all down for you and let me know your thoughts...

First of all i harvest once per month and my last harvest pulled down 1.85 bows on 23 girls. when i feel i should be able to double that with my system... here goes..

10x10 growlab tent with half of the room under 2 1000w xxxl 6 inch hoods with 20 girls under it... the other half is under 2 600's and 5 weeks behind the half w/ 2k also w/ 20 girls. every harvest i pull the girls from the 1200w side to the 2000w side. temps never over 75 and we pull 85% of water leaves progressively from wk 6-8 on a 10 week cycle.
Medium is formula 707 in 3 gallon bags fed twice per week on drain to waste spaghetti tube watering system with the full h&G line and coco A&B (my research dictated to use coco A&B over Soil A&B because of the low amount of nutrients in formula 707) i add AN cal mag when strains dictate and i recently just started adding AN SILICA for plant strenth. I also just purchased some gravity at the shop but havent added it yet (i am a little apprehensive because of the horror stories i have heard about burning the shit out of crops).... btw we use tap water up til week 7, then switch to RO because of the shooting powder.

Also... each girl is in a tomato cage and we bend tops under top ring to keep canopy even and give the lower buds a chance to catch up....

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated..... and how much do you think i should be pulling on an average strain overall per month.....

Thanks

GROW!!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
dosent say waht strains you are growing. is ti a seed momma u found? maybe your pheno is lacking? alos how long are you vegging them for and what size containers are you using.

G

growgrow

I am running larry og, skunk #1, el Jefe, and chem dog.... my next round is just larry og and northerlightsXskunk1. but i run everything in 3 gallon bags... i veg for 2-3 weeks in another tent of mine until theyre around 18-24 inches .... the day i harvest is the day i put the veg into the other side of flower

G

growgrow

bro make sure u give plants enough veg time, and feed focusing on just developing an abundance of nice big juicy roots.

bigger the roots, bigger the fruits

wouldnt veggin for 2-3 weeks and them growing from like 6 inch clones to 2 foot plants with a couple tops dictate healthy and large root system? i also use root excelurator

G

growgrow

i definately have roots shooting out bottom at harvest... soemtimes halfway through

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

if the quality is there i wouldnt mess with anything except ur pk boosters
ive had 5 gallon pots of coco go rootbound, maybe go bigger than 3 gallons?
as far as the gravity, i love the stuff. if used to heavy it can cause ur ppms to shoot up so watch a lil bit (never seen more than 200 ppm in 24 hours)
bump your ppms down to 1100 or less and ur totally safe
if ya want to water it down a lil bit, run it half strength with purple maxx
i think the instructions in hyrdo are 1 ml per 5 gallons so a little bottle goes a long ways
heres what i run for pk boosters (hot mix)
10 ml/g koolbloom
1 ml/5gal gravity
1 ml/5 gal pruple max
h+g top booster
(swap the koolbloom with 8 ml big bud every now and then)

K

Kobe24

Why not use R.O Water from Day 1 instead of at the end of flowering? Ditch the tap water asap ....

W

weedfarm

most of my experience is with SOG so consider that when reading my comment...

Lately I have been growing larger plants. I use various size pots depending how large the plant is. I have been struggling to fill the table so sometime I veg longer to get a bigger plat.

Anyway, last harvest I had 2 plants in 3 gallon pots give me 12-13 OZ total. These were pretty large plants for a table. I used netting to lay them flat, like a scrog.

point is I wonder if you have too many plants crowded in there?

you may want to try monocropping or just do 2 strains and track the results by strain 10 of x gives you y, 10 of gives you b, you know which strain is robbing you

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

using tap because of the coco's
formulated to be used with tap

i do agree with getting rid of the tap tho, switch to aquaflakes

Riz

Riz

hi growgrow

quick one,does your carbon filter sit on the floor all the time just in the uk we have them up top of growroom to reduce heat and it improves circulation:coffee

W

WW Lover

The longer the veg the bigger the yield. I would suggest losing the tomato cages and doing lst instead. LST will negate your height issues, allow you to full veg 4-5 weeks. As each branch reaches, fim it instead of topping it to create 2 main colas on each fimmed branch. This should increase your yields dramatically.

Tap water is fine as long as you're checking the ph & ppms. If you can afford to use RO water from the very beginning, then do so.

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

all these things are true, but for each grower its different. Not always is onger vegg better yield, take sog in consideration, you can overvegg. Also you never said how many runs you done before, have you ran these strains before?? Honestly i would shoot for 1 lb per light, if your hitting that then your on the right track, no matter what you read on here youve got to realize most of the world is content with a lb per light, your just in really good company on this forum, you have people on here claiming 2-3 lbs per 1000watt, im sure its true for them, but really hard to achieve. My mentor runs og's and has been for years, he's getting anywhere from 1- 1.25 per light, and we are talking about 40-50 lights. My point being when i tell him, hey this guy on the farm is claiming 2 p's per light, he just laughs. Not saying it cant be done, bjut you just have to concetrate on keeping it simple and doing what you know works for you. If your gonna change things up, do it very small steps first. I made that mistake last year, i was getting 1.5 p's per light and reading on here all these growers getting 2-3. I changed so much shit and really fucked my self, trying to hard to concentrate on yield. The bottom line is if you love your plants and try and focus on getting the best qualilty product, and healthiest plants, the yield will take care of itself. Anyways i run 4x8 trays 24-32 per depending on what strain. I get anywhere from 2- 2.5 lbs per tray, not the best numbers but hey its good product, and at the end of the day i know as time goes buy and i learn the strains better things will get better too! well good luck, and just keep plugging away, remember also that half there life they are only reciveing light from 2 600watters so 1.85 for 1200 watts is about average!

Top Bottom