Yield return %

• Thread starter StonedPngwin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

Hey guys, just curious what kind of yield returns you guys are seeing? I'm currently returning half a gram of bho from 7 grams of nugget.

socalpunx

socalpunx

about 5 grams of oil out of 28grams of sugar leaf my highest return was 8 grams one time,im still trying to figure out how it happened.Each cylinder holds about 28-29 grams each

StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

I wonder what the variables are that effect the return. Obviously strain, but are there any "tricks" to boosting my %? I think I'm going to start washing my blasted flowers in iso and see what else I can pull out. Does anybody do this?

velocity

velocity

Yes the biggest thing is to get the trim in the freezer for storage ASAP when you cut it off the plant. The older the trim is, the less it will yeild.

As a GENRAL rule of thumb is that you get 10% of the weight you started with returned in oil.

The age of the trim will deffinatley affect yeild, how it was stored will affect the yeild. If you cut your trim and leave it not in the freezer when its cut fresh off the plant you kissing some yeild goodbye. If you store trim in the freezer for 6 months you will loose yeild. I try to use my trim within 30 days, as soon as its cut off the plant into the freezer it goes.

StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

Hmm mm it definitely seems the larger the run, the higher the return %, interesting.

StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

If your getting 10% returns on trim, I'd think nugs would yield significantly more, yet I'm always right around that 10%.

socalpunx

socalpunx

I hate running wet trim,I get less yield that way.the tube gets clogged up way to easy but thats just me,I dont know why but I seem to get the best quality and yield by letting the trim dry for about a week and then curing trim for about a week,best flavor is it just me?

J

jackslayer

for indica 7.5 g sativa 3 g an ounce, both outdoor strains and this is wax.. not only the type of bud you are using matter but also there are a whole bunch of scientific variables that can increase yield and potency.. i use heat and a bunch of time and patience to purge at monitored temp of about 120 - 130 for as long as it takes to be safe ! no need to buy big fancy machines to do what heat can do in less time, leave that to the labs right.. very busy lately but i will upload a very easy step by step guide with pics and a video on how to making this stuff properly once and for all !

J

jackslayer

I hate running wet trim,I get less yield that way.the tube gets clogged up way to easy but thats just me,I dont know why but I seem to get the best quality and yield by letting the trim dry for about a week and then curing trim for about a week,best flavor is it just me?

to be blunt about it a week cure is not going to do much, it just gets better the longer you leave it cure...and if most of the active ingredient are not converted into thc then there is not much point in using it at this point.. the more you let it cure, the more likely you are having a bigger more potent return.. try a 3 to 4 month cure instead of a week is you can wait ! i find it's the best when the bud is sticky too

S

SHIRDABZALOT

3 or 4 month cure? No way man. The longer you wait the darker your concentrate will be. Fresher the lighter colors . I Never blast frozen unless I was doing live resins. Fresh frozen is a low yield. I prefer the trim or buds within 3 weeks of dry and cure. Just my personal preference for.yield and quality and especially taste.

J

jackslayer

i have smoked bud cured for 2 weeks it tastes like shit... yield of thc is super low etc

Last edited:
J

jackslayer

10 % is decent, try this.. bust about a half g of a couple different strains in a coffee grinder and tap out the Trichomes onto paper or whatever that is not sticky.. examine the amount you get as well as quality because after all this is what you are smoking mainly to get you high, i am not going to go into cbd and medical stuff but oil,wax and shatter are all medically beneficial depending on the strain and your condition !

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I get 10 percent from trim, those that I know doing bud runs seem to reliably get about 20 percent (indoor grown)
Oh thats another good point.... ya... i NEVER NEVER run nugs.... my patients would kick my ass

J

jackslayer

sometimes the bud goes bad and moldy or it gets walked on 10 times, it happens and that is fine to use for oil too

Top Bottom