Yields

• Thread starter Chip24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chip24

Chip24

Hi, im wondering how all you guys are getting on with your return. How much per plant, i know different strains have different yields. Im after wondering the best growing system for return on yields.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Holy moly roller its going to vary too much to even bother answering this question..

Person 1. He got 19 ounces but he has 3 lights and a 6x6 space.

Person 2. He got 1 ounce cause he sucks at life and quit.

Person 3. He got 14 ounces off 1 plant and it was an auto!!!!

Person 4. Hes not gonna tell you how much he got he don't trust you.

Person 5. Fuck this thread!

420trout

420trout

Dabbie is right, but let me add this. If you are doing things right you should be able to pay off your equipment with just one grow. I fucked up my first tent grow and still got a quarter pound.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

All kinds of methods work. Pick a method and practice is the only way to get good at this.

When i started out the first year i averaged about 2 oz dry per plant from seeds i bought.

2 years later with the same lights, pots, soil and nutes i was averaging over 5 oz dry with the same seeds.

Good gardening practices and experience eventually trippled my yield and quality went way up as well.

growsince79

growsince79

Hi, im wondering how all you guys are getting on with your return. How much per plant, i know different strains have different yields. Im after wondering the best growing system for return on yields.
Thats a bad question. Some of the best yields I've ever seen was about 1/2oz per plant. weight/ sqft / month is a better way to measure yield.

funkychicken

funkychicken

old thread, but I just harvested and cured to a constant RH in jars. 310grams, in a 2x4 space, 2month veg, 10 weeks flower, under Mars Hydro tsl-1000 which supposedly draws 300watts at the wall, 4 plants were grown in 3gal pots. I feel like I had around 75% canopy filled considering the space I had left at harvest.

growsince79

growsince79

old thread, but I just harvested and cured to a constant RH in jars. 310grams, in a 2x4 space, 2month veg, 10 weeks flower, under Mars Hydro tsl-1000 which supposedly draws 300watts at the wall, 4 plants were grown in 3gal pots. I feel like I had around 75% canopy filled considering the space I had left at harvest.
That's a pretty good. I'm sure with the right strain and technique, you can do even better. IMO anything over 1/2 pound in a 2x4 is a success. One pound is a home run. I get my best relative yields by topping twice, and scrog. I flip at 30 days from sprout for best yield. I top around day 12 and 20.

godspeed2k86

godspeed2k86

Grams - per - Watt.

Example

Grower A: runs 4 600w lights with 12 plants and produces 2500 grams per run

Grower B: runs 4 1000 w lights and 8 plants and produces 3500 grams per run

Grower C: runs 6 400w lights with 38 plants and produces 2000 grams per run.

Now how do we compare A B and C they have different lights, different plant counts. So to do so we generate our GpW "grams per watt" which is simple math of total gram yield divided by total watts. When we do that math you can see the actual efficiency of each grower

Grower A: 2500g ÷ 2400w = 1.04GpW

Grower B: 3000g ÷ 4000w = .75GpW

Grower C: 2400g ÷ 2400w = .83GpW

Now you can see which grower is the most efficient in there production.

How ranges I would say are as followed

New - novice .3 - .7GpW

Novice to average .5 - .9 Gpw

Avg to above avg .8 - 1.5 GPW

Above figuers are for SE/DE HPS. I would say it is safe to say with LED lights your GpW tends to increase by about .4 - .7 GPW. My current GpW with my LED are aprox 1.7 - 1.8 GpW. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom