Yo, Yo, Yo

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Just wanted to say hey to all the members. I'm an experienced grower/breeder. That being said, there's ALWAYS something to learm! If anyone has any wuestions, feel free, as I'm sure I'll be asking pleanty myself. My avitar are a couple buds grown in party cups. It was an experiment to see what would yield more.....Hempy style in pearlite (using Lucas) vs Coco using Botanicare nutes. The strain is one of my own. It was tested at 25.14 *grown in a Hempy cup.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.
I'm brand new to these forums, as I no longer grow on a commercial scale. I hope to become active in this community, and as I get to know the members here. I'll be happy to share my breeding methods, lineage I've used, and all that good stuff.
I will say, I haven't bought a seed in years!!! Also when I test my crosses, I take them straight from clone to flower. If I'm not happy by week 3, they're trashed. Unless the quality is out of this world, I trash leafy strains as well. I HATE trimming! I'm all about perpetual harvests with zero down time if I could help it.
Like I said in my intro, thoes were party cup grows under a 250 straight from clone.
BTW, the Hempy's did slightly better (straight pearlite) weather I'm using party cups, or 5 gal containers I always use a trellis.
Yeild, quality was fantastic. I try to avoid talking about dry weight, as I can't pull out a scale in real time.
I do not lolipop! I never remove fan leaves, but the way I train them substantially increases yield.
I'll attatch a close-up of the trics. Over the years I've had everything from PM, deficiencies, to Aphids...., so if anyone has problems in the garden hit me up, and I'll do my best to help.
I'm sure I will learn pleanty from you guys too.
Excuse my spelling, grammar etc

20150326 022756
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.
I'm brand new to these forums, as I no longer grow on a commercial scale. I hope to become active in this community, and as I get to know the members here. I'll be happy to share my breeding methods, lineage I've used, and all that good stuff.
I will say, I haven't bought a seed in years!!! Also when I test my crosses, I take them straight from clone to flower. If I'm not happy by week 3, they're trashed. Unless the quality is out of this world, I trash leafy strains as well. I HATE trimming! I'm all about perpetual harvests with zero down time if I could help it.
Like I said in my intro, thoes were party cup grows under a 250 straight from clone.
BTW, the Hempy's did slightly better (straight pearlite) weather I'm using party cups, or 5 gal containers I always use a trellis.
Yeild, quality was fantastic. I try to avoid talking about dry weight, as I can't pull out a scale in real time.
I do not lolipop! I never remove fan leaves, but the way I train them substantially increases yield.
I'll attatch a close-up of the trics. Over the years I've had everything from PM, deficiencies, to Aphids...., so if anyone has problems in the garden hit me up, and I'll do my best to help.
I'm sure I will learn pleanty from you guys too.
Excuse my spelling, grammar etc
Well lets see the way you train them. Lets see that canopy!
Im eager to see what you do if you dont lollipop...

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Well lets see the way you train them. Lets see that canopy!
Im eager to see what you do if you dont lollipop...
Most of my strains will grow from 3-5 inches to 3 1/2- 4 feet the first 3 weeks. At week 3, I cut ALL THE "sucker branches" leaving only a single cola. Instead of the energy going to the lower, more spindly areas of the plant, I end up with 1 main cola with no popcorn. I leave all the leaves inbetween the sucker branches on, as the act as solar panels. I also cut off all N by week 6, or 7 (depending on flower time). This gets rid of any possible hey smell, and improves flavor. The fall colors I get are ridiculously beautyful. Depending on what medium I'm growing in will dictate the flush time.
Getting rid of thoes sucker branched cut trim time substantially as well. The first couple of years, I did the whole lolipoping thing, and never could hit the 2+ lb a light mark.
A great way to get well over the 2 lb a light mark.....SOG trained this way. . Under a 1 k, I'd put as many 1/2 gallon containers *square in a 5x5 area. I'll get at least an oz per container. Just an example......if I put 50 in that space,...well do the math.
As long as everything is dialed in, and you've got some elite genetics, you will be amazed at what a 1k can do.
I hope I explained the "sucker branch" thing where you know what I mean?
If Plant count is a concern, there are ways to get very good results too.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Most of my strains will grow from 3-5 inches to 3 1/2- 4 feet the first 3 weeks. At week 3, I cut ALL THE "sucker branches" leaving only a single cola. Instead of the energy going to the lower, more spindly areas of the plant, I end up with 1 main cola with no popcorn. I leave all the leaves inbetween the sucker branches on, as the act as solar panels. I also cut off all N by week 6, or 7 (depending on flower time). This gets rid of any possible hey smell, and improves flavor. The fall colors I get are ridiculously beautyful. Depending on what medium I'm growing in will dictate the flush time.
Getting rid of thoes sucker branched cut trim time substantially as well. The first couple of years, I did the whole lolipoping thing, and never could hit the 2+ lb a light mark.
A great way to get well over the 2 lb a light mark.....SOG trained this way. . Under a 1 k, I'd put as many 1/2 gallon containers *square in a 5x5 area. I'll get at least an oz per container. Just an example......if I put 50 in that space,...well do the math.
As long as everything is dialed in, and you've got some elite genetics, you will be amazed at what a 1k can do.
I hope I explained the "sucker branch" thing where you know what I mean?
If Plant count is a concern, there are ways to get very good results too.
I under stand completely what sog is. I too use 1/2 gal pots of coco dtw set up on timer multiple feeds.
I actually scrog mine but I got to get some electrical work done in my room for 240, so i have to tear down my grow.
In the mean time, Im gonna run a 3x3 tent with 36 plants in 1/2 gal 3x3 flood table.
But yes very good technique..
Not really new tho,
Dutch been doing it for decades..

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I under stand completely what sog is. I too use 1/2 gal pots of coco dtw set up on timer multiple feeds.
I actually scrog mine but I got to get some electrical work done in my room for 240, so i have to tear down my grow.
In the mean time, Im gonna run a 3x3 tent with 36 plants in 1/2 gal 3x3 flood table.
But yes very good technique..
Not really new tho,
Dutch been doing it for decades..
Yeah, I never said it was new, but it's super efficient, and with some of the super genetics the yields are unbelievable.
I know they sell seeds here, but am I allowed to talk about seed companies, w/out getting warned?
If you know how to grow, and the tricks on training, along with preventing problems before they pop up, and yoi have TOP genetics... Anything under 2 lbs a light is a fail.
I was also saying, if you're worried about plant count, I can get similar results using 9 or 12 per light...
Only problem is 2-3 week veg

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yeah, I never said it was new, but it's super efficient, and with some of the super genetics the yields are unbelievable.
I know they sell seeds here, but am I allowed to talk about seed companies, w/out getting warned?
If you know how to grow, and the tricks on training, along with preventing problems before they pop up, and yoi have TOP genetics... Anything under 2 lbs a light is a fail.
I was also saying, if you're worried about plant count, I can get similar results using 9 or 12 per light...
Its a slippery slope.
You can say u like a certain strain by dj short or you got a clone from midnight farms, but you cant sell anything or promote a certain company. Esp junk leds!

fatawa

fatawa

i like everything yur saying,n im super cocky too..n the future post some pics cuz it never happend if u aint got pics.lol.so u say u never say dry weight?so yur saying 2elbows per light wet??cuz i agree i gues.i never weigh wet but im a rock star by that standard

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ya you boys ease up on the testosterone! All that James Dean rebel without a cause.......

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

[QUOTE
i like everything yur saying,n im super cocky too..n the future post some pics cuz it never happend if u aint got pics.lol.so u say u never say dry weight?so yur saying 2elbows per light wet??cuz i agree i gues.i never weigh wet but im a rock star by that standard
You wanna see 3+ a light grow? First one is my Tahoe OG at 2 lbs a light. The next pic is a strain a frw of us had. This is only at 9 plants a light, and can match em, or beat em EVERYTIME. Funny thing.. My phone with my GOOD pix broke. I ain't a bullshitter!
="EventHorizan, post: 2004397, member: 76231"]Its a slippery slope.
You can say u like a certain strain by dj short or you got a clone from midnight farms, but you cant sell anything or promote a certain company. Esp junk leds![/QUOTE]
Gotcha. So far so good here. Nobody's a "know it all", haven't seen any drama etc....
Thing is there are lots of strains breeders sell because of the name from clone only strains.
When I was com

20140618 210042
20130606 212442 resized 1
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not too shabby!
Great least we wont have to spend as much time getting you lined out :)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

This is well over, but no scale to put it on. I get these results EVERY TIME. Strain depending. The fat stem was from the mom
And yeah, testosteron. It drives me
I much rather like that canopy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom