Yooper Kush X C99

• Thread starter hiiipower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiiipower

hiiipower

Thanks Motarebel for throwing me this test pack. Met some of these guys at the MMMR conference this year and man were they cool! Super appreciate the opportunity and can’t wait to get my hands on more of your gear.

Setup:

Dwc

Veg under T12 & T5 lighting

EC: 0.5-0.7 Ph: 6.0

Bloom under 1000w Lamp

EC: 0.9-1.4 Ph: 6.0

6 seeds planted

Veg size: 1 tall, 3 medium, 1 short, 1 runt(culled after 6wks).

Topped all once at day 17.

Growth is very symmetrical/uniform on 4/5 plants(tall plant is not at all, and also showed a little yellow spotting early on, finicky plant). The small plant is rather slow growing, don’t know if it will make the cut to be flowered. Overall though nice looking plants and I can say this is one of the faster vegging strains I’ve seen so far from seed. Very Vigorous(More than MR Strawberry Queen, which I planted shortly after these).

The 3 medium sized plants look identical.

These pics were taken at 30 days veg. You can see in the front left the runt that I culled at 6 wks, it’s the only yellowing plant and is smallest of all.

Yooper kush x c99
Yooper kush x c99 2
Yooper kush x c99 3
Yooper kush x c99 4

As of today they're 8wks in, will be flipping to bloom in 1wk, will give an update with pics at that time.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Unbelievable, 5/5 females on this regular pack of seeds! Never had that before and have grown many seed packs. Here’s the yooper kush x c99 day 1 bloom. Wish I could get a better angle on the pic for you to see them but space is limited so best I can do for now. Looks like there ended up being 2 small(er) plants, 2 medium plants, 1 tall plant. The smallest plant will not be flowered or clones kept, simply too slow/small veg structure. I know the risk(it could be the best one) but for me a plant has to produce well to be kept, no matter how good it is. Otherwise, it’s just not feasible for me or my patients. With other strains before, I’ve kept the slow vegging phenos to try and grow again, and they grow slow, again. So that’s all for that plant. I’ll take and keep clones of the other 4 until the end. Very uniform structure on all but tallest plant. I put the 4 by themselves under 1000w hps yesterday.

I’m a sucker for fruity flavors and I don’t like the flavor of kush for the most part. So I will definitely be looking for a more fruity c99 pheno, hoping the yooper kush will add some nice background.. Awesome to have 4 nice females to choose from. I love to see variation so hopefully these girls all pan out and I’ll get a good look at what this cross has.

First pic is all 5 in veg, you can see the small plant on the bottom left, almost half the size of others.
Y99 prebloom1

Second pic is the 4 I kept, day 1 bloom under hps. The two on top look identical. Bottom right is smallest plant, bottom left is tallest.
Y99 prebloom2

hiiipower

hiiipower

Looking good! The C99 line shows a mosaic pattern on the leaves very similar to Chemdog D. The Yooper is a Cal-mag hog and leaves tend to yellow real easy. Good luck!;)

Thanks for the tip Mota, I’ll keep an eye on the cal/mag. Interesting about the mosaic pattern on leaves, never seen that before but I’ve never grown Chemdog D or its crosses. I don’t think I can notice much difference so far between any of the leaves.

I was wondering, can I expect this to be a high cbd:thc strain? I could’ve sworn in a different thread you said the c99 you guys have tested at 1:1. That’d be great as I’m on a hunt for a very high cbd plant to put in my garden.

MrG

MrG

Hey hiiipower the c99 that is a 1 to 1 is the mother plant I have. Mota used a c99 male from seed that he had in his VAULT. We have yet to get any of the new c99 crosses tested so we don't know the exact cannabinoid ratios yet.
I am working the c99 with the 1 to 1 ratio now. I had made c99 x c99 but had a mishap when passing some testers out and accidentally tossed all my new beans in the trash!!:(

usstoner

usstoner

lookin good...not sure of the lungcandy/c99 i ran..but it was very nice smoke...

hiiipower

hiiipower

@MrG... Awwwww man thats a hell of an accident lol Oops! But I'm sure i'll be happy with either c99 that was used, everything from Motarebel looks like fire.

@usstoner... I've checked out your thread before on the berry and that lung candy/c99, very nice. Saw a lot about berry sanders, but it didn't seem like you commented much on the lung candy/c99. What kind of flavors did you find? That sounds like an awesome cross. Any hermies at all?

usstoner

usstoner

@MrG... Awwwww man thats a hell of an accident lol Oops! But I'm sure i'll be happy with either c99 that was used, everything from Motarebel looks like fire.

@usstoner... I've checked out your thread before on the berry and that lung candy/c99, very nice. Saw a lot about berry sanders, but it didn't seem like you commented much on the lung candy/c99. What kind of flavors did you find? That sounds like an awesome cross. Any hermies at all?
yea at the time iwas workin alot...lost some pics...was dealing with mites...she wasnt
the prettiest plant...lol...but she turned out good...had a nice candy smell...fruity taste...
pretty strong buzz...good happy stone...wish i would have taken cuts...no hermies...

hiiipower

hiiipower

yea at the time iwas workin alot...lost some pics...was dealing with mites...she wasnt
the prettiest plant...lol...but she turned out good...had a nice candy smell...fruity taste...
pretty strong buzz...good happy stone...wish i would have taken cuts...no hermies...
I hear ya. I have powdery mildew so I know what it's like to deal with an infestation. Have it under control now but it sucks its a constant battle. But if I find something that turns out how you described I'd be very pleased for sure.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Wk 5 bloom. Looks like a nice hybrid, middle of the road growth and stretch for most part. Strong pineapple scents across the board, but there's one og dominate, a tall skyscraper of a plant. 2 of the 4 qualify as some real dank, the og pheno and the other the heavy yielding of the bunch. The other 2 have a much lighter scent and not great growth/structure. Hermies on 1 of 4 plants, the og. It threw about 10 sacs total, so not much, and not a sac to speak of on the other plants. The heavy yeilding pineapple one is really dank and reeks of pineapple/lemon, will definitely be running that pheno again. One thing that is consistent on every plant is lots of resin, and lots of sugar leaves for hash making!

Yooper Kush x C99
1 pic of each plant.
Y99wk53
Y99wk52
Y99wk5
Y99wk54

hiiipower

hiiipower

wk 7
Getting closer. All plants are loaded with resin. Phenos are 2 pineapple kush, a pineapple skunk, and a straight og. The pineapple kushs have a super sweet candy smell, and the pineapple skunk has a really heavy sugar/maple smell. Everything is dank, but the pineapple skunk and the og stand out to me just cause every time you brush one of them the room reeks. Looks like they should finish around 9 wks, except for one is slow to mature,maybe 10 wks we'll see though. No late nanners so far, the og that was throwing sacs early on did stop and haven't seen any news ones one that plant since wk 4-5. Wish I had a better camera(and digital ballasts) so I could do these things justice, really nice strain!

Image 1

Image 2

hiiipower

hiiipower

The results are in.

Yooper Kush x C99
Pheno 1: Sweet candy pineapple kush(aroma in that order). Had that heavy sweet/candy taste that I think is pretty common in c99. Very leafy plant, smallest structure by far, only stretched to half size of others. I actually had to pull this plant at 7 1/2 weeks, it was becoming just absolutely covered in powdery mildew, 2x worse than others in that category easily, so I pulled it early to save the buds. Amazingly sweet smoke, mostly pineapple with a little kush. Weighed 2 oz.

Pheno 2: Pineapple kush: Kush lovers would love this one, very kushy with also a heavy pineapple smell to it. Thick calyxes and extreme resin. Typical Kush growth, extremely tall and lanky and stretchy. Very small yeild(could have used an extra wk veg on this one). Weight(est.) about 2 oz. Cut at 63 days, 5-10% amber. *Threw out about 20 male sacs when flipped, stopped after wk 4*

Pheno 3: Metallic Pineapple kush cat piss(aroma in that order): Weird looking plant kinda. Not the prettiest, but nice size plump buds. Cut at 63 days, 0% amber, could have used at least another 7-10 days to finish. Weight(est.): 3 oz

Pheno 4: Pineapple skunk sugar maple(in order): My favorite and the dankest plant by far. Phenos 1 & 2 were really nice and imo anyone would've been happy to have them(with the exception of the hermie action on pheno 2) but pheno 4 would have definitely gone in my keeper bin just based on smell alone. Smelled just like any classic pineapple skunk strain that floats around, but with a heavy sugar and maple smell. Seriously reminds me of French Toast cereal, not sure if anyone remembers that stuff, but it really does. Very complex and rich flavor. And the biggest yielder to boot. BUT, it threw a bunch of nanners(in the buds, about 30) in the last week of flowering here, and it really could've gone another week to finish it up, so would've just gotten worse. Don't think it's anything on my part as the others did not do this. Really too bad, imho one the best smelling plants I've ever come across(and I'm not even a fan of skunky smelling strains, or typical pineapple skunk for that matter). We'll see how she burns but likely not gonna get another chance in my garden cause of the late nanners. Cut at 63 days, 5-10% amber, could've used another week. Weight(est.): 4 oz

Conclusion: imo the quality is most certainly there, I found some dank. Just the issue with the semi- hermie and the late nanner action. Will give a smoke report in about a week or two.

Thanks again Motarebel for letting me test this out, this was a lot of fun. Will definitely be trying out more of your gear in future.

Anyone think i should give pheno 4 another shot, or just say to hell with it? Only reason I ask is cause it's so dank and I just don't wanna let it go!

Pics below

Motarebel

Motarebel

I've seen too many times where the mom from seed shows hermie traits but her clones never show a nanner. Then again the C99 line seems to be fussy. A couple runs show nothing and then next had single nanners at the bud tips. Never seen a viable nanner from the ones that popped up. The flavor is too damn good. The C99 x Lungcandy turned out real good and no nanners action.

hiiipower

hiiipower

That is music to my ears Mota! Going to definitely give it another run and see if I can get those nanners to go away, your right the flavor is tooo damn good. Even better that they're likely not be viable, as long as my crop isn't seeded I can deal with a few nanners when it tastes this good. I'll jar some up and save it for the HTC in clio next month to show the motarebel crew

hiiipower

hiiipower

Also wanted to add that everything was absolutely covered in trichs. Very thick resin, any one of these phenos would be really nice for hash making(my favorite!), so if that's the only thing you found from this cross, I think it show that your Yooper Kush can pass on some wicked resin.

kds710

kds710

The Yooper sounds like a must try. Mota strains are the sheeeeeeiiittt mang

hiiipower

hiiipower

haha yep, something I'm finding out pretty quickly here. About to flip some strawberry queens in a few days can't wait to see what's in that treasure trove, straight yooper looks frosty I think more than one person on here has posted pics of it

hiiipower

hiiipower

Gotta finish this up with a smoke report. I let everything dry for 10 days, then cure for almost 2 wks now.

Pheno 1- Pineapple kush, heavy on the pineapple smell. Smooth. Medium strength meds.

Pheno 2- Pineapple kush, heavy on the kush smell. Heaviest resin. Very strong meds. Very relaxing.

Pheno 3- Pineapple kush/haze, heavy on the kush/haze smell. Really interesting combo of smells that I've never come across before with the kush and haze mixed together almost 50/50 with a little citrus/pineapple in there. Medium strength meds.

Pheno 4- The fav! Pineapple kush, 50/50 mix of pineappple and kush aromas, with a little skunk on the end. Also the sugariness has slightly faded, but it's definitely still in the flavor. Funny that the heavy skunk smell at harvest faded so much, I really thought that would stand out but it's almost gone. Very strong meds. Vibrant high, not even lying this plant was some of the strongest stuff I've smoked in many months, I am really enjoying this stuff right now. I would say the medicinal value is potentially tremendous on this one. Leaves me beaming and my body feeling good. It had the late nanners, but I'm gonna give it another shot I'm thinking I may have lent a hand in it nannering out at the end with way too high nutrient level.

Found some real medicinal high grade for sure. Hope this gave you guys some insight as to what this cross has. Thanks again, and can't say enough how cool is to know we have high quality bean makers right here in the Mitten, keep it up!

Peace

Top Bottom