You 4x8 table yield

• Thread starter jakew215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jakew215

Your 4x8 table yield?

so what do you guys yield using 4x8 tables. using any growing medium/method

whether be ebb&flow or a soil bed. SOG or SCROG.

single 600w? 3 1000s?

im thinking about moving from 5 gal buckets to a table.

i have a bigger area than that, im limited to 10x10 legally but dont want to use all that area for budding.

so im just curious what your guys' yields are, all things kept in mind, let me know how you do it and what you usually yield doing it.

or if you use 2 4x8 tables or a 5x8. just wondering if its possible to pull 4lbs out of a 4x8 area without extreme amounts of veg time.

L

l0g1c4l

IMO its hard to answer your question. Everyone has grown with the exact same setup, with two different strains and gotten two completely different results. So that being said, I think anyone who can achieve a gram a watt or close to it is incredible.

J

jakew215

yeah thats understandable i guess.

seems like most people shoot for 1gpw thats what i was thinking if one had 2 1ks over a 4x8 area with say 48 plants scrogged in soil, is 3+ lbs achievable? seems like most getting to the 1gpw hurdle are doing more of a sog with 50+ plants ya know. i would actually like to cut it down to 24 plants. but i want to run 2 or 3kw's and be able to pull 3+ lbs in a 4x8. if not i cant bump up the area and plant count.

i plan on running blue dream.

R

R. Face

Id say its def possible. Granted you know your stuff mighty well, as far as having a dialed in environment, ac, humidity, air control and speed. Not to mention dialing in the plants and understanding their cycles well. Then id say 3 lbs. is obtainable given a nice cola'd out strain.

Globel

Globel

Dual 1000's I hit 2.5 Lb's thats included the small stuff. I think you could hit 4 lb with 2 1000's with the right strain and right method.

J

jakew215

Dual 1000's I hit 2.5 Lb's thats included the small stuff. I think you could hit 4 lb with 2 1000's with the right strain and right method.

what exactly was your setup if you dont mind sayin...

i think i could be happy with 2.5lbs if i could do it at least five times a year.

L

l0g1c4l

You can keep the plant count much lower by veggin a little longer and LSTing them. There are some amazing examples of LSTing to the max in this forum.

J

jakew215

You can keep the plant count much lower by veggin a little longer and LSTing them. There are some amazing examples of LSTing to the max in this forum.

yeah i think my search button is tired of using the word scrog in any variation. there is a ton of info on scroggin thats why im more leaning toward that instead of 99 plants or something like that.

pretty sure im gonna run 48 plans under 2 1000s over the top of a 4x8 table with a drip system/or some coco ebb&flow. not sure.

im leaning towards soil, not confident in my feeding abilities yet. am i just spinning my wheels here? or does this sound reasonably doable?

shouldnt cost me much more to get into this setup after my current grow is done and get some donations.

just need another 1k and matching hoods (ordered some magnums but im not sure im gonna keep em. little pricey)

how long should i let 48 plants veg if a plan on putting them under a screen? in a 4x8 area. an is that TOO many plants for a screen? should i be thinking more around 24.

i wanna yield at LEAST 2 lbs a harvest once i get things all straightened out after a few runs.

B

Bobby Smith

yeah i think my search button is tired of using the word scrog in any variation. there is a ton of info on scroggin thats why im more leaning toward that instead of 99 plants or something like that.

pretty sure im gonna run 48 plans under 2 1000s over the top of a 4x8 table with a drip system/or some coco ebb&flow. not sure.

im leaning towards soil, not confident in my feeding abilities yet. am i just spinning my wheels here? or does this sound reasonably doable?

shouldnt cost me much more to get into this setup after my current grow is done and get some donations.

just need another 1k and matching hoods (ordered some magnums but im not sure im gonna keep em. little pricey)

how long should i let 48 plants veg if a plan on putting them under a screen? in a 4x8 area. an is that TOO many plants for a screen? should i be thinking more around 24.

i wanna yield at LEAST 2 lbs a harvest once i get things all straightened out after a few runs.

It's not too many plants, but most SCROGGERS don't go with plant counts that high.

Integra21 has one of the best SCROG setups I've seen online and has now started a journal on this site, but if you wanna few hour's worth of reading, I'd highly recommend checking out his journal on RIU.

Another good one to check out would be Al B. Fuct's threads over there - you could pretty easily run 24 single cola plants per 4x4 tray and get an ounce off of each (with minimal manicuring to boot).

Oh, and my boy Rbahasodingh over on RIU ran 2 1K Magnums over 2 4x4 tables in an E&F setup that sounds like it basically what you're trying to mimic.

Kinda depends on your mother/veg room and cloning abilities, with which you haven't given us too many details.

2 lbs. a harvest is easily doable even with some setbacks along the way; 3 would be a "decent" harvest, but nothing too crazy; 4 lbs. per harvest would require a few runs to get dialed in and a high-yielding strain.

Also, I'd highly recommend sticking with the Magnums - just sold mine because I'm going vertical bare bulb in my new setup, but they're the best reflectors out there, IMO - the coverage they'd give you over two tables would be phenomenal.

beezleb878

beezleb878

The room and area is only part of the equation. I recommend putting a significant effort into researching the genetics you want to run. The greatest grow environment cant make a better plant than its genetics will allow. The type of genetics you choose may help you decide on other factors of your grow.

J

jakew215

It's not too many plants, but most SCROGGERS don't go with plant counts that high.

Integra21 has one of the best SCROG setups I've seen online and has now started a journal on this site, but if you wanna few hour's worth of reading, I'd highly recommend checking out his journal on RIU.

Another good one to check out would be Al B. Fuct's threads over there - you could pretty easily run 24 single cola plants per 4x4 tray and get an ounce off of each (with minimal manicuring to boot).

Oh, and my boy Rbahasodingh over on RIU ran 2 1K Magnums over 2 4x4 tables in an E&F setup that sounds like it basically what you're trying to mimic.

Kinda depends on your mother/veg room and cloning abilities, with which you haven't given us too many details.

2 lbs. a harvest is easily doable even with some setbacks along the way; 3 would be a "decent" harvest, but nothing too crazy; 4 lbs. per harvest would require a few runs to get dialed in and a high-yielding strain.

Also, I'd highly recommend sticking with the Magnums - just sold mine because I'm going vertical bare bulb in my new setup, but they're the best reflectors out there, IMO - the coverage they'd give you over two tables would be phenomenal.

thanks for the input bobby,i actually pm'ed integra a while back and got the link to his other thread and have checked it out. thanks ill definitely check out al b's next.

and like i said im a NOOB for sure so my cloning abilities are sub par, but its something i gotta learn to, i have cloned before successfully and actually have about five clones right now that i plan on turning into mothers for this exact reason. i was told i can pull 100+ clones off a single plant sometimes.

and with the single cola method i wouldnt use a screen right? this sounds even easier, but i really wanna be able push out some fats harvests down the road without having to change my entire system drastically.

and yeah by big harvest i mean like 1gpw once i get my hands dirty. 4 lbs would be off the hook, but like i said 2 lbs 5 times a year would be more than enough foe me to get started out with.

without a screen i could even go perpetual couldnt i? oh man the options are endlesssss!!!!!!

J

jakew215

The room and area is only part of the equation. I recommend putting a significant effort into researching the genetics you want to run. The greatest grow environment cant make a better plant than its genetics will allow. The type of genetics you choose may help you decide on other factors of your grow.

blue dream, im growing it now and i like it. not sure if this is the best strain obviously, just know its easy to grow, yields a lot, and has a decent thc content.

its a hot commodity around here in norcal also.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
have you finished a run yet? what did you yield?

Do a run than try and improve and optimize your row and space.

I like to walk before I can run. I find trying to estimate a yield can be disappointing. Rather hope for p per light then be excited if I get more.

ok to cover the main question:

yes 3+ with 2kw over 4x8 is possible. Seen it done with different plants heights and numbers.

You have to find what works for you, with the strain, in your room. Can be done with sog, or fewer larger plants. Comparing to others is not always a good comparison. (unless they have same strain same room and same conditions, even then can only compare)

Ever notice the same strain can turn out excellent from one grower, yet be just ok from another.

Lots more to it than just watts and plant count. Takes time and experimenting to dial in the plants numbers and optimal size to flip em flower. Do not forget, enviroment is very important.

You do not have to have high plant numbers, but that is one way to increase yield with less veg time. (unless you got for a rcdwc/aero/mbp system which speeds up veg time)

Blue dream is supposed to be a good yielder, so I would imagine gpw is possible.

I find it takes at least 3 runs with the same strain to get things dialed. (sometimes sooner)

Imagine a 4 foot tall plant, the bottom foot is trimmed and the other 3 feet product 4 ozs of bud.So if you grow a bunch of smaller plants you can try and make up make up for the 3 feet in height. if growing larger plants try to figure how to flip at right size to get 3-4 tall plant.

Example of how I tested. All with same strain same conditions same feeding. )

Test 1. 8 plants vegged for 3-4 weeks, flipped at 18-20" tall. gpw = 2.2 lbs per 1k

Test 2. 16 plants vegged for 2 weeks, flipped at 16" 1.95 lbs per 1k

Test 3. 36 plants with zero veg. immediately flipped 1.25 lbs. (want to test this with 10 day veg)

Point of my example, higher plant # do not always mean more yield. Each strain is different. Some like to be crowded and yield more. Others do not like to be crowded togther.

That strain used in my example scenario is a bubba cross that does better with larger plants.
Not fair to compare to blue dream, but I bet blue dram will yield more in optimal conditions. Some variations I would try.

Per 1000 watt 4'x4' area (so double for 4x8)
7-9 larger plants with a 3-4 weeks veg.
14-18 plants with 3 week veg
24-36 plants with 10 day veg.

I find this gets you close to start then tweak it as you go along.

(I know a few growers that grow 7-9 plants per 1kw for 2.3-2.5 p per light)

The strains there growing yield better with larger plants that are trained, lst or suppercropped. Then there is not as much concern for high plant numbers.

Generally you can double the plant number and take off a week of veg. This is NOT set in stone. You got to experiment with the strain your your room to find what works best for you

All depends if you are concerned about plant numbers.

Hope that helps, good luck.

B

Bobby Smith

thanks for the input bobby,i actually pm'ed integra a while back and got the link to his other thread and have checked it out. thanks ill definitely check out al b's next.

and like i said im a NOOB for sure so my cloning abilities are sub par, but its something i gotta learn to, i have cloned before successfully and actually have about five clones right now that i plan on turning into mothers for this exact reason. i was told i can pull 100+ clones off a single plant sometimes.

and with the single cola method i wouldnt use a screen right? this sounds even easier, but i really wanna be able push out some fats harvests down the road without having to change my entire system drastically.

and yeah by big harvest i mean like 1gpw once i get my hands dirty. 4 lbs would be off the hook, but like i said 2 lbs 5 times a year would be more than enough foe me to get started out with.

without a screen i could even go perpetual couldnt i? oh man the options are endlesssss!!!!!!

If I were you, I'd honestly just copy what Rbahasodingh did on RIU.

His first run he did 1.5# from 1K, second run did about 3.25# from 2K - sounds like you've got a lot of the equipment to simply copy his system (which is what I like to do - let people smarter and more creative than me figure out the best way to do something, and then copy their methods as best I can).

But no, no screen needed with a SOG - lets you rotate plants, remove plants, etc.

I've never SCROGGED and have always SOG'd - as an "experiment", I flowered out 142 clones in my 4x4 tray last run, so you can really go with as many or as few plants as you'd like.

But Al B. Fuct's threads are priceless for info and seeing how a properly run perpetual garden operates.

J

jakew215

really appreciate the input again guys.

i havent completed my first grow yet no im about 2 to 4 weeks out, started budding them 6-26-10. i have fifteen in there currently, most are just small clones i put under twelve twelve after they rooted but i got like 5 pretty big plants.

and thats what im trying to do exactly, improve upon what i have now. which is some plants in soil doing whatever, i thought adding a few plant and tossing a screen over them wouldnt be too much of a jump. the drip system is just to make it easier on me, instead of hand watering a shit load.

oh and i know its a shot in the dark, countin chickens before they hatch and bla bla bla, but i think ill net around a pound from all fifteen plants, 1/2 of that from the six blue dreams. imo. but if i get a half pound total ill be happy that i even got some weed and they didnt die on me. but im not ruling that out either so knock on wood for me.

J

jakew215

not having any luck finding Rbahasodingh on riu either, is this the exact spelling?

B

Bobby Smith

First grow - http://www.invalid.com/grow-journals/219496-64-plant-ebb-flow-sog.html
Second grow - http://www.invalid.com/hydroponics-aeroponics/271033-2000w-purple-kush-106-plant.html
Third grow - http://www.invalid.com/hydroponics-aeroponics/319760-4000w-medicial-purple-kush-256-a.html

He's not posting anymore, but there's oodles of useful info in those threads.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Jake

I have 12 plants under 2k watts on a 4x8 table right now. I could have probably gone with 8 plants. I'm about 4 or 5 days out from harvest and I still have no idea what I am going to yield. All I know is that the buds are beautiful, they are rock solid, and they smell incredible.

There are a million ways to skin a cat. Find one that suits you the best and focus in on quality first. The weights will all come together if you are growing quality buds.

What would you rather have 2lbs of super dank or 5lbs of midgrade?

J

jakew215

thanks bobby

there meds, i want two pounds of chronic.

i want my club to benefit from it and be able to invest back donations into my grow op.

Top Bottom