You favourite simple soil recipe?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
simonkay

simonkay

Pond water 😉 IMHO is a better choice rain water would be my first choice.
Thanks bro, im using lemon juice to bring ph down to 6.5. is this good?
the pond is technically a cenote so mix of rain and water coming up from filtered rocks but i worry about bacteria and pathogens although the cenote i use has lush green lillys and other plants theres a shitload of mosquitos too.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

the pond is technically a cenote so mix of rain and water coming up from filtered rocks but i worry about bacteria and pathogens although the cenote i use has lush green lillys and other plants theres a shitload of mosquitos too.
If the pond is healthy and full of life I would use it as is. With organics you really shouldn't have to ph unless it's really out there. I haven't used my ph pen in years. I know my ph is always 6.8 to 7.0 and 215ppm.

7munkee

7munkee

If your concerned, add an air stone to your water for a couple hours first. Any anaerobic bacteria/pathogen will be killed by the added o2. Or add a bit of hydrogen peroxide.

The microbiology in a living soil will take care of pH, so dont worry about that. As long as you're not watering with like 4 or 9 ph water you'll be fine.

J

jdishworth

I am a new ganja grower .
I built my soils with

Black cow compost
Silica powder

Kellogg potting or raised bed
Perlite
Worm casts
Mycos

My top dress is compost teas
Manure
Bone meal
Coffee
Sugar

Where could I improve without buying name branded overly shilled products

I hope to be able to make my soil on the future, we have started a food waste and compost pile so we can make free cannabis nutes.
It's all about free for me

beckerjeremey29

beckerjeremey29

Basic Soil Mix
The basic soil mix is one of the easiest and most affordable soil recipes for growing cannabis. It's a simple combination of peat moss, perlite, and compost. This soil mix provides excellent drainage, moisture retention, and nutrient-rich soil for your cannabis plants.

Peat moss is an excellent source of moisture retention, while perlite improves drainage and aeration. Compost, on the other hand, adds essential nutrients to the soil and helps improve soil structure. To make the basic soil mix, mix equal parts of peat moss, perlite, and compost.

Coco Coir Mix
Coco coir is a popular alternative to peat moss in soil mixes. It's an environmentally friendly, renewable resource made from the fibrous husk of the coconut. Coco coir provides excellent water retention and aeration, making it an ideal choice for cannabis growers.

To make a coco coir mix, mix equal parts of coco coir, perlite, and compost. This soil mix is perfect for cannabis plants that require a lot of water but also need good drainage.

Super Soil Mix
The super soil mix is a pre-fertilized soil mix that provides all the nutrients a cannabis plant needs throughout its lifecycle. It's a popular choice among organic growers who want to avoid using chemical fertilizers.

To make a super soil mix, mix the following ingredients:

1 part peat moss
1 part compost
1 part perlite
1 part worm castings
1/2 part bone meal
1/2 part blood meal
1/2 part fish meal
1/2 part kelp meal
1/2 part rock phosphate
This soil mix provides an abundance of nutrients to the cannabis plants, making it a cost-effective option in the long run. It's perfect for cannabis growers who want to maximize the growth and yield of their plants.

Living Soil Mix
The living soil mix is a soil mix that contains a complex ecosystem of microorganisms, fungi, and bacteria that work together to create a healthy soil environment for cannabis plants. This soil recipe is a popular choice among organic growers who want to mimic the natural growing environment of cannabis plants.

To make a living soil mix, mix the following ingredients:

1 part peat moss or coco coir
1 part compost
1 part perlite
1/2 part vermiculite
1/2 part worm castings
1/2 part humus
1/4 cup of rock dust per cubic foot of soil
This soil mix requires less maintenance than traditional soil mixes because the microorganisms in the soil help to break down organic matter, releasing nutrients to the plants over time. It's perfect for cannabis growers who want to cultivate their plants in an all-natural and sustainable way.
I really like your super soil mix, but I am very horrible at math. 😆 If I used roughly 7.6 cf of peat, how much of the other amendments should I add to the peat? I'm assuming that if you were using just 2.8 cf of peat, you wouldn't add 1.4 cf of kelp meal or bone meal. Or would you? TIA for the clarification. If that is the case comma I may need to get a bigger bin. Lol. I'm working with a 75 gallon tote right now.
75 gallon tote

N

Natep

1 part peat moss 1 part pumice 1 part compost. 1/4 cup per gallon craft blend freestyle In a bit of bio char and basalt

Top Bottom