You guys think I’ll need a dehumidifier?

• Thread starter TheGreek_978
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Hey guys so I’m in Veg and the plant is pretty big (pic below) bigger than my first plant I grew where I didn’t use a dehumidifier and my humidity during flower was very dry at like 35-40%.
You guys think ill need a dehumidifier
I’m planning on flipping her after the 4th and I’m wondering if I’ll need a dehumidifier for my tent that be is a 2x3x5ft and for the size of the plant . Overnight her humidity got up to 67% and that’s without my humidifier being on and the a/c in my living room set to 68F which the closet is located in.

So I’m nervous on where it will be once I flip her to flower. I saw these 3 on Amazon and they seem to be a good size for my tent probably even bigger than I need (pic below) but wondering if I will even need it come flower.
You guys think ill need a dehumidifier 2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey guys so I’m in Veg and the plant is pretty big (pic below) bigger than my first plant I grew where I didn’t use a dehumidifier and my humidity during flower was very dry at like 35-40%.View attachment 1141520I’m planning on flipping her after the 4th and I’m wondering if I’ll need a dehumidifier for my tent that be is a 2x3x5ft and for the size of the plant . Overnight her humidity got up to 67% and that’s without my humidifier being on and the a/c in my living room set to 68F which the closet is located in.

So I’m nervous on where it will be once I flip her to flower. I saw these 3 on Amazon and they seem to be a good size for my tent probably even bigger than I need (pic below) but wondering if I will even need it come flower. View attachment 1141521
Buy a full size or nothing. These won't do a thing for you.

In a tent your best bet is good air exchange. Unless you have a huge tent you never put a dehumidifier in a tent. You should control the humidity of the room the tent is in and then use air exchange (exhaust fan) to maintain humidity in the tent.

Honestly you will regret any of those. If the humidity isn't bad in the room the tent is in then you have no need for one.

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

At it's current size, don't worry about it. By the end of the month though, you'll want to drop that a couple percentage if you can. Dehumidifier is especially important in late flower and early drying.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You do not want wide temp or rh swings, i put in ac day temp under lights 79f rh 40% night temps 72 f same rh.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i guess im the only one... but i think everyone NEEDS a dehumidifier.

i have found it so much easier to "work with" drier air. i make the room my tent is in a constant 43%, my dehumidifier has a purifier i run some too, but that is just a nicety. without that i have fought the control of the temp/humidity. now, it is no effort.

Frego

Frego

i have found it so much easier to "work with" drier air. i make the room my tent is in a constant 43%, my dehumidifier has a purifier i run some too, but that is just a nicety. without that i have fought the control of the temp/humidity. now, it is no effort.
Do you use a dehumidifier in the whole grow start to finish

Habosabin

Habosabin

To be honest. Those little peltier dehumidifiers can't keep up and if you run them 24x7 they break by losing the ability to pull water like when new. Those things pull like 1 liter a day at best. I bought one that uses a compressor for my next grow. They are two to three times more expensive but pull 30 to 50 liters day day.

Last edited:
Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

Unless you live in the Southwest or another dry- dessert climate then the answer is Yes, you will need one to help control humidity during Flower.

I get lucky living in Arizona. Humidity never gets above 10-15%. I have to use a Humidifier during Veg.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Honestly you will regret any of those.
I tried a similar dehumidifier to the photos you added and it definitely could not keep up with the moist air here. It was pretty much worthless.

I have a 3x3 and we often have high humidity where I live. I have found that I absolutely must have a way to keep that number down and at a steady RH. I took a chance with an Ivation 13 pint unit that has worked nearly flawlessly for my situation. I would like the luxury of controlling the entire room as Aqua Man suggests, it's just not practical in my situation and I needed something that I could fit in the tent. The Ivation 13 pint fits this requirement (just barely!). I also wanted something with a humidistat that would allow the unit to automatically come on and turn off to keep the RH more consistent and stable. Again, the Ivation delivered.

The only flaw that I have observed in this unit is that the lowest RH setting is 35% and it does not kick in until over that by 5%. I have found that during high humidity days, especially after I water, it has a hard time keeping up with the humidistat set to 35%. However, it also has a continuous on feature which basically has the unit on all the time, and on those days when I need a bit more from the unit, I switch it to continuous and it pulls the RH down to 30-40%, which is right where I want it now that I am in full on flower mode with my plants. The other drawback to having the unit in the tent is that it does put out some heat. I also have an 8" inline fan pulling air out of the tent as well as fans circulating air in the tent. Having A/C in our house is also helpful in keeping the temps down and during this HOT summer, absolutely essential.

You can see the Ivation unit in some of the photos of my grow. Like I said, it barely fits. If I were using the 3 gal pots, it would fit a lot easier, but I like the idea of giving the roots more space so I went with the 5's.

Here is a link to the unit I speak of. Hope this helps!

Habosabin

Habosabin

Get an ac infinity cloud line fan with humidity controller. They rock. Then if you can't control humidity that way get a real dehumidifier.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey guys so I’m in Veg and the plant is pretty big (pic below) bigger than my first plant I grew where I didn’t use a dehumidifier and my humidity during flower was very dry at like 35-40%.View attachment 1141520I’m planning on flipping her after the 4th and I’m wondering if I’ll need a dehumidifier for my tent that be is a 2x3x5ft and for the size of the plant . Overnight her humidity got up to 67% and that’s without my humidifier being on and the a/c in my living room set to 68F which the closet is located in.

So I’m nervous on where it will be once I flip her to flower. I saw these 3 on Amazon and they seem to be a good size for my tent probably even bigger than I need (pic below) but wondering if I will even need it come flower. View attachment 1141521
Lol those little ones are 99% useless. I have one....I had to buy another to do the job. 220 cu/ft lol maybe shoe box, not a room.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Definitely in a room but not in the tent.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Like I say if the humidity of the room the tent sits in is good then no issues. If it get high then you need a dehumidifier.... you do NOT dehumidify the tent. You condition the air being drawn into the tent. If it's conditioned and you still have issues it's your air exchange (exhaust fan).

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I never needed one until this year. Recently bought this- it works good.
I use the 70 pint from them... been great for me.

Top Bottom