You Probably Hear This Alot But......Magnesium Deficiency?

• Thread starter Kapnkush4256
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kapnkush4256

Kapnkush4256

You probably hear this alot butmagnesium deficiency

Hey guys, need a little advice here. Week 5 into flower, using with root farms nutes. Watered yesterday around 6ph and everything was fine, no discolouration at all. Got home this morning from work and noticed this. Its started on a few other leaves on the same plant but no others. Could it be a mag deficiency? Havent used any cal/mag throughout the grow.

sambapati

sambapati

View attachment 1008595

Easy Mag boost for you. You take one 350 gram magnesium vitamin supplement. Drink 2 classes of water and then urinate into a plastic bottle. Do this for a few days. When giving to the plant dilute with 4/5 water and do that for a couple of waterings. Very cheap solution and also good for you as high levels of stress causes magnesium depletion.

guymandude

guymandude

why are you peeing on your plants?? seriously guys. LOL.

in my experience, MG deficiency is usually caused by ph fluctuations. are you running in dirt or coco? I usually ph'd my dirt nutes to 6.5.

Best pH levels for marijuana
Kapnkush4256

Kapnkush4256

why are you peeing on your plants?? seriously guys. LOL.

in my experience, MG deficiency is usually caused by ph fluctuations. are you running in dirt or coco? I usually ph'd my dirt nutes to 6.5.

Using coco, ph around 6 each wate

Kapnkush4256

Kapnkush4256

A MAG deficiency that extreme wouldn't come on that fast plus it looks like a burn how close are the lights

About 20-24 inch from LED, other parts of the plant are a lot closer though so not sure if its light burn.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Doesn't have to be the top, older exposed leaves can burn too..

& a tissue injury from magnesium deficiency that extreme doesn't come on overnight

What else did you do? spray anything? soil drench?

anything you can think of that changed from when you left and it was fine..

till when you came back overnight and you have that kind of damage

if not then imo you have a burn from light possibly a light / Heat combo good luck

Edit: agree with mr. Guy Mann dude above, your pH should be around 65 in soil or 6.2 if you're using a peat based medium

Screenshot 20200801 185740 Google
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I noticed some light leaf clawing in some areas, which usually indicates too many nutes, in my opinion. Ph has a huge effect, but a 6, you should be OK although I prefer closer to 7 myself. I have also learned that potassium and phosphorus tend to remain in the growing medium much more than nitrogen. This also means that it is easy to gradually get too much P or K in the soil, which is difficult to remove. High nute levels can also interact with each other, causing lockouts that are maddening to figure out. I would try to flush them once or twice and see how it reacts. AFAIK, there isn't a cheap test for P or K levels, although it would make things easy!

guymandude

guymandude

if you pot up too big, part of the coco will stay wet and where the roots are will dry out. in my garden it seems to take to roots a long time to grow into the new wet coco. I find myself getting symptoms like you are experiencing if i don't feed when the pot is dry at the rootball.

Top Bottom