Young plant issue brown spots

• Thread starter tamirov
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tamirov

hi,
my plant is two weeks old and some strange spots began to appear and leaves began to turn yellow.
until now I watered with tap water (about 7 pH) and just 2 days ago I started watering at a controlled level of 6.5 pH.
I dont use nutrient yet.
The soil is ventilated and water the pot a little at a time (about 100mm) whenever about an inch below the ground feels dry.

Do you think the problem is overwatering or underwatering?

Young plant issue brown spots
Young plant issue brown spots 2
2Bad

2Bad

. I do know that roots wont grow into dry soil. So when you water you have to make sure you're watering where the roots are going next. I usually saturate all of my soil that's why we recommend smaller pots and up-potting. It doesn't say what type of soil you have but it looks like it has coco coir in it which should never be dry. Could be either ph or underwatering or both. When you water coco the ph should be about 5.5-6.5 I usually stay in the middle.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

hi,
my plant is two weeks old and some strange spots began to appear and leaves began to turn yellow.
until now I watered with tap water (about 7 pH) and just 2 days ago I started watering at a controlled level of 6.5 pH.
I dont use nutrient yet.
The soil is ventilated and water the pot a little at a time (about 100mm) whenever about an inch below the ground feels dry.

Do you think the problem is overwatering or underwatering?
To much light and give it some water its waaaay underwatered.

Water that entire pot until it’s saturated

What type of soil?

7munkee

7munkee

My last 2 grows suffered from the light being too bright. I seen grow videos where they have been running 1000+ PAR during flowering so I assumed that was what I needed to do. My lights were only rated for 800 so I moved them closer. And since the top of the soil was dry at least down to the length of my finger, I assumed the whole pot was dry. So of course I overwatered.

Light brown spots started appearing on the lower fan leaves and quickly spread upwards. The leaves became yellow and brittle and eventually started breaking off.

Both grows finished with decent weight, but they were definitely not record breaking yields. Both plants were mostly devoid of sugar leaves and had very few trichs.

Moral of the story? A little is good, but a lot definitely is NOT better.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My last 2 grows suffered from the light being too bright. I seen grow videos where they have been running 1000+ PAR during flowering so I assumed that was what I needed to do. My lights were only rated for 800 so I moved them closer. And since the top of the soil was dry at least down to the length of my finger, I assumed the whole pot was dry. So of course I overwatered.

Light brown spots started appearing on the lower fan leaves and quickly spread upwards. The leaves became yellow and brittle and eventually started breaking off.

Both grows finished with decent weight, but they were definitely not record breaking yields. Both plants were mostly devoid of sugar leaves and had very few trichs.

Moral of the story? A little is good, but a lot definitely is NOT better.
See this so often.. glad you got it sorted brother. Watering and lights are almost always an issue with newer growers.

More plants die to love than neglect lol

Top Bottom